Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your ideal breakfast

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
London restaurant Bunnychow wins UK’s Best Breakfast Award with its Full English Bunny

Alison Lynch for Metro.co.uk Wednesday 28 Jan 2015 12:06 pm

ad_1581255671-e1422445226443.jpg

Chef Finn Baire prepares the Full English Bunny, winner of the UK’s Best Breakfast Awards 2015 (Picture: Matt Alexander/PA Wire)

The winner of the UK’s Best Breakfast Awards 2015 is *drum roll please* London restaurant Bunnychow.
As part of National Breakfast Week (yes, it’s a thing, don’t question it), Bunnychow on London’s Wardour Street took the crispy bacon crown for its Full English Bunny special.
Getting your day off to the best possible start, this breakfast feast is prepared by chef Finn Baire and consists of an individually baked brioche loaf which is hollowed out and filled with sausage, lean bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, spicy baked beans, black pudding and topped with an egg.
Yes we would totally put our faces in that tasty brioche too.
Bunnychow’s USP is serving all its meals in warm hollowed-out bread bowls. Because, why shouldn’t you get to eat the bowl afterwards?
ad_158125568.jpg

Imagine waking up to this (Picture: Matt Alexander/PA Wire)

The award for most innovative brekkie was handed to Bunnychow CEO Atholl Milton by TV chef Phil Vickery.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
London restaurant Bunnychow wins UK’s Best Breakfast Award with its Full English Bunny

Chef Finn Baire prepares the Full English Bunny, winner of the UK’s Best Breakfast Awards 2015 (Picture: Matt Alexander/PA Wire)

The winner of the UK’s Best Breakfast Awards 2015 is *drum roll please* London restaurant Bunnychow.
As part of National Breakfast Week (yes, it’s a thing, don’t question it), Bunnychow on London’s Wardour Street took the crispy bacon crown for its Full English Bunny special.
Getting your day off to the best possible start, this breakfast feast is prepared by chef Finn Baire and consists of an individually baked brioche loaf which is hollowed out and filled with sausage, lean bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, spicy baked beans, black pudding and topped with an egg.
Bunnychow’s USP is serving all its meals in warm hollowed-out bread bowls. Because, why shouldn’t you get to eat the bowl afterwards?
ad_158125568.jpg

The award for most innovative brekkie was handed to Bunnychow CEO Atholl Milton by TV chef Phil Vickery.

Tried Bunnychow at glastonbury last year, top stuff.

I'd have :-

2 Lincolnshire sausages
Smokey streaky bacon
2 x eggs
Chaviar
2 x thick white toast
Salt n pepper
Brown sauce
Glass of OJ

Latte 20 mins after the event

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Exact science...every day...6 blueberries,6 grapes,two large Strawberries,6 Raspberries. Glass of freshly squeezed Orange juice. Glass of carbonated Water.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have a confession to make. One that may get me (even more) deeply distrusted - I don't like tea. I've tried, God knows I've tried but I just can't get on with it. I may be half French :(

Also having done many business trips to Ireland I have fallen in love with the Full Irish and its use of WHITE pudding (retaining the black as well, natch). With my wife making efforts on the home front for us to diet my treat breakfast at home is smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with orange juice and water. On the road it is

2 x bacon
1 x good quality sausage
2 fried egg
beans
white pudding
black pudding
mushrooms
mug of strong black coffee

I can take or leave the tomato TBF.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
:lol: very good. Just to add to the controversy, I don't cook my scrambled eggs in a pan - they can stick - I cook them slowly in a Pyrex bowl over simmering water. No risk of burning and perfectly smoothly CREAMY eggs.

I say "YES CHEF!"

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict...... as many Sundays as I can, we head up onto the Mendip Hills to a little bistro/cafe place called Hartleys Kitchen and have this...... very very tasty.

Eggs-Benedict-with-salmon.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

ad_158125568.jpg

So that's a breakfast served in a funny way. Bloody hell, the fella is a genius.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I was thinking that! Just a full English on a round plate and a mug of tea please. No need to gild the lily.

Like serving chips in a aluminium cup or a burger on a piece of slate.

I will pull you up on the word english though buzzer, just had Ayrshire smoked streaky, haggis, morning roll and lorne sausage. I celebrate all our British Isles variations on the classic, but the jocks edge it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I will pull you up on the word english though buzzer, just had Ayrshire smoked streaky, haggis, morning roll and lorne sausage. I celebrate all our British Isles variations on the classic, but the jocks edge it.

Semantics, my friend! A cooked breakfast with bacon and sausage as the mainstay and I'm as happy as a sandboy.

...but yes, serving chips in a cup or food on a bread board just makes me laugh. The funniest I've seen was once at a gastro pub in Brighton that served fish goujons in artisan bread... that'll be a glorified fish finger sandwich then.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Semantics, my friend! A cooked breakfast with bacon and sausage as the mainstay and I'm as happy as a sandboy.

...but yes, serving chips in a cup or food on a bread board just makes me laugh. The funniest I've seen was once at a gastro pub in Brighton that served fish goujons in artisan bread... that'll be a glorified fish finger sandwich then.

Hahaha Ironic takes on british classics turn me cold. I would prefer the fish goujon option to be fair, to a arch or knowing version of a fish finger sandwich, referred to as such.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. The Ulster fry is as good a breakfast as any.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's even more cunty when the call it Posh fish finger sandwich on the menu.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Not really sure you have ever been in a Caff/Greasy spoons, you can never refer to Bubble & Squeak in its entirety, you have to say it in a gruff pseudo cockerny way, BUBBALL always at the end of the order, 'wiv BUBBALL' or 'and BUBBALL, otherwise they will short change you or skimp on the beans.

You're right BigGully , I was only describing so everyone at NSC could understand , even 1901 bods . Normally I just ask for 'Set breakfast no. 4 !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here