Right got to do some work so I will expand on my selections later

My goal keeper is ....................Joe Hart

My second pick is ...................Sol Campbell

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Having picked two people so far who are heroes to at least sections of the Albion support for one reason or another, allow me to follow that up with possibly the greatest NSC cult hero of them all, and a bloody good player in his prime as well.

It is, of course, ANDREI KANCHELSKIS.

[MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION] - over to you. :thumbsup:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
This player is a perfect partner for Tony Adams, and I would suggest made a huge contribution to laying the foundations for the best side of the mid 00s.

Marcel Desailly

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422971281035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422971281035.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 116

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
There are some players that you are surprised haven't been picked, and then there are some players who baffle me that they haven't been picked.

He holds the world record for the longest clean sheet in league football, standing at 1,311 minutes set in 2009. He retired at the young age of 40 and is often considered not only one of the best keepers to grace English football, but the world stage too.

I give you Edwin van der Sar

van+der+sar+2.jpg

Now the long wait begins, [MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION], it's up to you.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
For my 3rd pick I have a genius little footballer whose creativity was seriously underrated. Criminally underused by England like my 1st pick was, and to balance out my squad in the looks department after picking Ginola - I give you Peter Beardsley
[MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] you are up

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For my 3rd pick I have a genius little footballer whose creativity was seriously underrated. Criminally underused by England like my 1st pick was, and to balance out my squad in the looks department after picking Ginola - I give you Peter Beardsley
[MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] you are up

Oh, shit right off!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My next choice is a player who has scored 113 goals Premier League goals in just 213 games at a rate of 1.88 games a goal. Whilst at Arsenal, he went on to be the club's top scorer for six seasons in a row. He played a major part in the club's success during the 1990s, winning an FA Cup and League Cup double in 1993; he scored in both the FA Cup Final and the replay against Sheffield Wednesday. He also helped Arsenal win the 1994 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup.

His honours include
FA Premier League (1): 1997–98
FA Cup (2): 1993, 1998
League Cup (1): 1993
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1994
PFA Premier League Team of the Year (2): 1992–93, 1996–97
English Football Hall of Fame: 2005

He is
IAN WRIGHT
ian-wright.jpg

You're up [MENTION=1023]Shuggie[/MENTION]

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I considered him, but thought his obvious other connections may hinder the team on this forum...

Is it his fault our recruitment department was terrible and turned him down?

I think of him as just an Arsenal player rather than having anything to do with that other lot anyway and hopefully he will be judged on his time in the PL (All with Arsenal bar a season with West Ham) as that was the criteria set out in the original post (his time with the mob up the road was before the PL started so shouldn't be used against him imo)

Anyway, only another 34 picks to be made before it's my go again (watching on in despair as all my choices get snapped up)

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Bye bye Harry ... makes it even more likely that Rio will realise my relegation hopes for him this year :lolol:

Rio's cousin, Sir Les of that ilk, achieved that distinction as a player and might be about to repeat it in a managerial capacity with the honourable Chris Ramsey in tow. I do feel sympathy for them (not Rio of course).

Nice guy, never took a penalty but still scored bucket loads of goals What a player'

sir les.jpg

Nearly 20 years after the Toon's 5-0 drubbing of Man U, we have picked the front four already: Srnicek, Watson (Barton); Peacock, Albert, Beresford, Batty, Lee (Clark), Beardsley, Ginola, Shearer (C), Ferdinand
[MENTION=1135]Cullip4[/MENTION] you're up ... Gavin Peacock perhaps?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Oh balls, just remembered I had a nice little World Cup finalist lined up ... knickers!

No doubt Gavin Peacock will be looking attractive by time it gets back to me. Serves me right.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
There are some players that you are surprised haven't been picked, and then there are some players who baffle me that they haven't been picked.

He holds the world record for the longest clean sheet in league football, standing at 1,311 minutes set in 2009. He retired at the young age of 40 and is often considered not only one of the best keepers to grace English football, but the world stage too.

I give you Edwin van der Sar

Damn you! That's twice you have chosen my next pick!!!

In that case I will have to revert to the next on the list...

Time to add some supply to my two strikers with the addition of Robert Pires

[MENTION=3744]Horshamgull[/MENTION] your up, or was it [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION]?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here