Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2015

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I love Tapas, it falls in with my priority of drink and conversation first with bite sized food on the side, a little like buying crisps or nuts in a pub, but my wife thinks we are actually out for a meal.

Was thinking of going to Ole Ole or Solera ( sp ) couldn't make up my mind, have been to Casa Don Carlos and it was a nice bustling atmosphere and the food was fine, but from what I remember I think we had a timed sitting, which although I understand the reasoning isnt something I enjoy.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I love Tapas, it falls in with my priority of drink and conversation first with bite sized food on the side, a little like buying crisps or nuts in a pub, but my wife thinks we are actually out for a meal.

Was thinking of going to Ole Ole or Solera ( sp ) couldn't make up my mind, have been to Casa Don Carlos and it was a nice bustling atmosphere and the food was fine, but from what I remember I think we had a timed sitting, which although I understand the reasoning isnt something I enjoy.

AguaDulce (where Latin in the Lanes was) is another cracking tapas venue. In my opinion some dishes edge the Casa Don Carlos equivalent and vice versa. The piglet at AguaDulce closes the deal for me (I think you have to order this and paella in advance during the week).

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
AguaDulce (where Latin in the Lanes was) is another cracking tapas venue. In my opinion some dishes edge the Casa Don Carlos equivalent and vice versa. The piglet at AguaDulce closes the deal for me (I think you have to order this and paella in advance during the week).

Good work, strangely we were reminiscing about Latin in the Lanes when contemplating where to eat, didnt know AguaDulce existed, as long as it gets a little busy then I will give it a go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone been to Los Amigos in Church Road lately ? I've not been there for years but seem to remember enjoying it last time. Was thinking of mincing along there with the missus for Valentines.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Anyone been to Los Amigos in Church Road lately ? I've not been there for years but seem to remember enjoying it last time. Was thinking of mincing along there with the missus for Valentines.

It was't fantastic last time I tried it. Pricey for what it is really.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Try Busby and Wilds in Kemp Town. On Wednesday it's two main courses and a bottle of wine for £28. On our visit, the food was excellent with innovative twists on the less usual dishes and simple good quality on the more traditional.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was't fantastic last time I tried it. Pricey for what it is really.

Oh, thats disappointing. Ahh well, we've got a £30 voucher for it, so that'll take the sting off the bill at least.

I shall report back with my findings.

Oct 25, 2003

went a few months ago and thought it was pretty shit to be honest. Shame as I have good memories of that place

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to Miller & Carter in Lancing last night. Good value for money on their promotional 2 courses for £15 up until 12th Feb. The way they cooked the onions was brilliant And the steak was a lot better than most of the chain type restaurants.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

A rival to Dig In The Ribs for, Brighton & Hove's most faded glory restaurant. I have fond memories of Los Amigos, but then again I am getting a bit long in the tooth.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria Shoreham, not been for around 6 months so not sure why as usual top notch quality food, very nice.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
La Galleria Shoreham, not been for around 6 months so not sure why as usual top notch quality food, very nice.

Well that is very odd, I saw this thread surface and was going to say about "La Galleria"
It's lovely place in there and great food.
Any one like GBK? (Gourmet burger kitchen)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well that is very odd, I saw this thread surface and was going to say about "La Galleria"
It's lovely place in there and great food.
Any one like GBK? (Gourmet burger kitchen)

Went to GBK once and to be honest thought it was not very good, really strange stringy chips - would recommend burgers and cocktails instead

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Went to GBK once and to be honest thought it was not very good, really strange stringy chips - would recommend burgers and cocktails instead

GBK was a massive let down when I went for the same reason. The best burgers in Brighton now seem to be in pubs & at Street Food. That said I'd far rather have a Grubbs double cheese than go to GBK again.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing

Blimey fair enough. I do like it in there, you can get different types of chips but obviously if you are put of you might never go back. I have heard "burger brothers" is supposed to be amazing.
I think woodies dinner is really nice, on the seafront in hove.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here