Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

boxing day travel on buses

I know!, and just like you Barrel, l'm amazed that there isn't a bus service that runs non-stop from my country lane in Cowfold to the Amex.

It should run at least every ten minutes on a Saturday. I should be able to get on just outside my house, and alight in front of the entrance to the west stand.
There's a bus that runs direct from Bracknell Towers to the Amex, so why not?

Unfortunately it's only twice a month, on Thursday mornings, and not much use to Albion fans. But it's quite handy for anyone living at Deanland Wood or Ripe who wants to go shopping in Brighton.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I know!, and just like you Barrel, l'm amazed that there isn't a bus service that runs non-stop from my country lane in Cowfold to the Amex.

It should run at least every ten minutes on a Saturday. I should be able to get on just outside my house, and alight in front of the entrance to the west stand.

Hasn't Cowfold got a railway station?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There's a bus that runs direct from Bracknell Towers to the Amex, so why not?

Unfortunately it's only twice a month, on Thursday mornings, and not much use to Albion fans. But it's quite handy for anyone living at Deanland Wood or Ripe who wants to go shopping in Brighton.

A great shame that home games aren't scheduled for every other Thursday with a noon kick-off then!

Although it was said very much tongue in cheek, I shouldn't really complain about our bus service, the 17 towards Brighton or Horsham will run with a 30 minute frequency as opposed to every hour, on a Monday to Saturday, as from 5th January, and Sussexbus have even introduced an hourly 17A to Brighton or Henfield on a Monday to Friday.

Unfortunately l already fear for it's future as tickets aren't interchangeable with Stagecoach.

God l'm an anorak!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bugger. No number 23 running

Bugger indeed. The number 23 is my door to door hero. Sometimes I'm back in Queens Park within 30 minutes or so of the final whistle.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Noooo, there was one at West Grinstead, about three miles away, but that cad Dr. Beeching closed it in the 1960's.

But you have the delightful number 17 bus. Which, as if in apology for Dr Beeching's axe, searches Partridge Green for the ghosts of passengers past.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
At Mithras house If park and ride is not open, you can still just get a regular 25/28 to the stadium or 49 which drops you off a short walk away (by bridge car park)

or you could walk from Mithras House as well.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The 25 is running every six minutes for a while after the game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger indeed. The number 23 is my door to door hero. Sometimes I'm back in Queens Park within 30 minutes or so of the final whistle.

Where do you get it from after games? We only use it to get to games and usually use the Racecourse P&R to get back. 23 sounds much quicker.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Where do you get it from after games? We only use it to get to games and usually use the Racecourse P&R to get back. 23 sounds much quicker.

Village Way. Although if it's gone I sometimes hop on a 25 and pick up the 21 at the bottom of Elm Grove.

On Boxing Day I'll catch the 25 along the bottom and walk up.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Saw this thread, didn't realise there were no trains!!! But thanks to this one, I have now booked with Seagulls Travel.

Result!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I'll be getting the 700 from Lancing Sea Front (via the New Sussex), walking up to the station from Churchill Square and hopping on the train.
Very easy last time I did that and impressed with how quick the bus gets there!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Did u have to pay anything as outside the zone

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Did u have to pay anything as outside the zone

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Be aware that no buses are serving Village Way on Boxing Day. They are returning via Falmer Station.

Yes, it would be good if a notice is placed up on Village Way and an announcement made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here