Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom refuses to bow to fans' calls to axe boss Hyypia

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not so sure, why would they have to say something? Just because we're all frustrated, upset or whatever your disposition might be, they are not obliged to say anything. They may feel it’s business as usual.

By the way, I hope you are right and something IS going on.

Because a large section of the support sang songs aimed at him leaving last Friday. They should address that. I'd rather think "they're wrong" than "they're burying their heads in the sand".

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolutely ridiculous. Hyypia has to go or the atmosphere will really turn bad at the Amex.

Surely not? If the fans at the Amex are of the same nature as many of those on NSC, two or three wins and we will all be looking how far we are off the play offs :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely not? If the fans at the Amex are of the same nature as many of those on NSC, two or three wins and we will all be looking how far we are off the play offs :)

At this moment in time two or three wins will be all we'll get between now and the end of the season.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It seems weird to me that the 'spend in January' theories, while an option that almost demands keeping Hyypia in place, directly contradict Bloom's oft-repeated dislike for the inflated fees that this transfer window always features. I find it hard to believe that anyone will get a budget to buy players who might cost twice as much next month than if they'd been bought in the summer

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I worked for a chap who was wealthy but not as per TB who spent 1 month in Uk, I month in Gozo then 1 month in Ireland then back to Uk. Didnt pay tax anywhere I dont think. He got done on DD and then obtained a licence in Gozo and drove in the UK on an international licence all perfectly legal.

No, it really wasn't. A driver is disqualified from driving, not the license. The fact he obtained another in order to show that if stopped, doesn't alter the fact that he was guilty of driving whilst disqualified (as well as drink driving, obviously). He sounds great.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So Birmingham haven't been on a fantastic run since Rowett took over and are now well ahead of us despite being adrift when he went there. Bolton have been unbeaten at home since Lennon went there, in fact I would say onlyWigan (luckily for us) haven't picked up since changing manager as even Blackpool seem to be showing signs of life.

Again you're preaching to the choir. Paul Barber claimed in another email that went on twitter that we had a chance of winning "every game" this season up to Derby which, IMHO, is nonsense.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Again you're preaching to the choir. Paul Barber claimed in another email that went on twitter that we had a chance of winning "every game" this season up to Derby which, IMHO, is nonsense.

I suppose up until KO time every team does have a chance of winning so Barber is correct there, but once the whistle is blown we have in 90% of games just not looked good enough and would struggle in L1

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It seems weird to me that the 'spend in January' theories, while an option that almost demands keeping Hyypia in place, directly contradict Bloom's oft-repeated dislike for the inflated fees that this transfer window always features. I find it hard to believe that anyone will get a budget to buy players who might cost twice as much next month than if they'd been bought in the summer

Even if we spend bucketloads, Sami will need three months to make them 'gel'......(or in reality knock any last vestige of confidence out of them) by which time it'll be too late anyway.......

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Why should anything be done to change a situation all the time that there's no problem? As any doctor knows, the first stage of treatment is diagnosis. But the Iraqi Information Minister is running the show.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
A real fan rather than a corporate babble speaker will have realised long ago that we weren't likely to win many with our approach this season. Even against Wigan when we won, we really struggled to hold on in the 2nd half. Sadly Barber looks like the archetypal ditherer and denier of the blinking obvious (see the previous two managerial crises). Meanwhile Reading have identified the problem, made a swift move, and replaced their problem with a solid and dependable solution. When the CEO and board finally accept that something needs to happen, it will now be too late, and the financial meltdown the club will face in League One will be their next nightmare. My confident prediction is that Barber will already be planning his escape route. What's happening right now is dreadful mis-management in my opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, it really wasn't. A driver is disqualified from driving, not the license. The fact he obtained another in order to show that if stopped, doesn't alter the fact that he was guilty of driving whilst disqualified (as well as drink driving, obviously). He sounds great.[/QUOTE

Wrong you are not banned from driving you are disqualified from holding a licence and you need a licence to be able to drive. He checked it out and was told it was perfectly legal provided he had an address in the country of the licence, which he did have a house in Gozo and was only a visitor, which he was for a month at a time 4 times a year. So drove on an international visitors driving licence, which you can do for 12 months.

He could easily afford to employ a trainee stocktaker of 18 years old to drive him, and in those days had it paid for under YTS, but after being told of this loophole didnt bother.

I know a publican who did the same who owned a house in Florida and obtained a licence there.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, it really wasn't. A driver is disqualified from driving, not the license. The fact he obtained another in order to show that if stopped, doesn't alter the fact that he was guilty of driving whilst disqualified (as well as drink driving, obviously). He sounds great.

Wrong you are not banned from driving you are disqualified from holding a licence and you need a licence to be able to drive. He checked it out and was told it was perfectly legal provided he had an address in the country of the licence, which he did have a house in Gozo and was only a visitor, which he was for a month at a time 4 times a year. So drove on an international visitors driving licence, which you can do for 12 months.

He could easily afford to employ a trainee stocktaker of 18 years old to drive him, and in those days had it paid for under YTS, but after being told of this loophole didnt bother.

I know a publican who did the same who owned a house in Florida and obtained a licence there.

Oh for feck sake get a grip on replying with quote!

What on earth does this have to do with this thread -or the Albion - anyway? Or has Sami only got an Angolan coaching certificate or something?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was speculation about TB and the time he can spend in the UK for tax reasons. I then pointed out that an ex boss of mine spent 4 months in 3 different countries each year and paid tax to nobody, so TB could do similar. As usual HKFC tried to be superior, as he always does and I then had to put him right once again. Sorry for the distraction from the original subject.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There was speculation about TB and the time he can spend in the UK for tax reasons. I then pointed out that an ex boss of mine spent 4 months in 3 different countries each year and paid tax to nobody, so TB could do similar. As usual HKFC tried to be superior, as he always does and I then had to put him right once again. Sorry for the distraction from the original subject.

The original subject is depressing as **** anyway so no harm done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here