The weekly Hyypia IN or OUT Poll

Hyypia, In or Out

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
OUT OUT OUT.

I can't believe anyone is still voting IN. It's time now, there can be no arguments.

Maybe Bloom decided some time ago to give him until Christmas. That's one game, so anything less than a thumping home victory on Friday has to result in a change of manager, surely?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
250-16. And I'd wager EVERY one of those 16 are either Palace or, as a matter of policy, minded to give ANY new manager until Christmas.

No one at all has said they believe in Hyypia to turn this around, merely that 'knee jerk' sackings are immoral.

Staggering stats here, this isn't about Sami anymore this is a test of Bloom.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Been saying out for weeks.

Clueless & Loan Albion.

Derby are doing it the right way. No parachute payments, similar crowds & play offs last season. But they've kept their squad together & appointed a good manager. Only making slight adjustments to the team.

Everyone I speak to wants him out & also wants the recruitment side fixed urgently. They're all mightily p*ssed off with the nonesense we're seeing & hearing.

Bloom is a gambler, but he's gambled the wrong way. It's either a result of poor investment or (even worse) wasted investment.

How many years did it take Nigel Clough to evolve the squad into this state, and then Steve McLaren to step in and assume any glory. There is no comparison to be made between Derby and Brighton currently, not with regards to the teams on the pitch. They are the sort of club we are looking to emulate though, and stability is a strong part of it. Nigel Clough did a very solid job for a number of years, I would assume the main reason that Sami Hyypia wasn't binned after Rotherham is that sacking a manager isn't a solution to a problem. The board's approach appears to be to back him, and hope he comes through it. I have nothing against the man, and have no specific desire to see him sacked. I trust the club to make the right, informed, decision.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
How many years did it take Nigel Clough to evolve the squad into this state, and then Steve McLaren to step in and assume any glory. There is no comparison to be made between Derby and Brighton currently, not with regards to the teams on the pitch. They are the sort of club we are looking to emulate though, and stability is a strong part of it. Nigel Clough did a very solid job for a number of years, I would assume the main reason that Sami Hyypia wasn't binned after Rotherham is that sacking a manager isn't a solution to a problem. The board's approach appears to be to back him, and hope he comes through it. I have nothing against the man, and have no specific desire to see him sacked. I trust the club to make the right, informed, decision.

But is bringing in a load of loan players the way to build long term stability? One or two season long loans in a team is acceptable but we just seem to be taking a lot of knee jerk decisions to 'support' Hyypia. Fair enough in the circumstances but bringing in E Bennett and Bent has seen no improvement. The man in charge is devoid of tactical nous and the ability to motivate.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I believe some of what you say rings true. However and it's a big however hyypia has shown such a lack of knowledge it's a wonder he's everplayed the game.

His team selection is baffling his tactics are baffling.

I bet there's not one of us who would have picked such a weak midfield as he did today. Not one.

That alone says to me he's not up to it.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I would assume the main reason that Sami Hyypia wasn't binned after Rotherham is that sacking a manager isn't a solution to a problem.

Are you trying to tell me that a total NSC meltdown isn't a problem?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But is bringing in a load of loan players the way to build long term stability? One or two season long loans in a team is acceptable but we just seem to be taking a lot of knee jerk decisions to 'support' Hyypia. Fair enough in the circumstances but bringing in E Bennett and Bent has seen no improvement. The man in charge is devoid of tactical nous and the ability to motivate.

No, and I wish it wasn't required. We all remember the mess we got into in 2008/2009, a team full of loanees which nearly got us relegated into League 2. The contrast between that season and this is concerning, Sami this time and Micky Adams back then, have lost NSC. The players we have brought in on loan are good players, but ultimately, we're just playing catch up for a poor summer transfer window. I wonder if the club privately have accepted the business done wasn't good enough, and are prepared to let Sami have the January window to mould a squad that he wants. If at the end of February, we have seen no improvement then Sami has had reasonable time and has had reasonable resources to make a better fist of the job.

Can we wait that long? Debatable, and it's fairly obvious what the majority on here think. Personally, I suspect Bloom and the board would prefer not to sack Sami Hyypia and I support that, but one thing everyone can agree on is that he needs a result on Friday.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No, and I wish it wasn't required. We all remember the mess we got into in 2008/2009, a team full of loanees which nearly got us relegated into League 2. The contrast between that season and this is concerning, Sami this time and Micky Adams back then, have lost NSC. The players we have brought in on loan are good players, but ultimately, we're just playing catch up for a poor summer transfer window. I wonder if the club privately have accepted the business done wasn't good enough, and are prepared to let Sami have the January window to mould a squad that he wants. If at the end of February, we have seen no improvement then Sami has had reasonable time and has had reasonable resources to make a better fist of the job.

Can we wait that long? Debatable, and it's fairly obvious what the majority on here think. Personally, I suspect Bloom and the board would prefer not to sack Sami Hyypia and I support that, but one thing everyone can agree on is that he needs a result on Friday.

That's a very reasoned argument, but frankly today was the final nail in the coffin for me and I want the man gone by the time we get to the Millwall game. I actually think just getting rid of him would lift the players.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I believe some of what you say rings true. However and it's a big however hyypia has shown such a lack of knowledge it's a wonder he's everplayed the game.

His team selection is baffling his tactics are baffling.

I bet there's not one of us who would have picked such a weak midfield as he did today. Not one.

That alone says to me he's not up to it.

And despite all I've said tonight, I don't disagree with these comments. I saw the team picked today and laughed. The team selection was madness, if ever there is a game for Rohan Ince to play, it is today and Sami clearly realised that with his early substitution. I wrote a piece on here a little while ago saying that his "full backs as wing backs" system can't work. He started with a 4-4-2 against Fulham and we were bright, positive and on top. Then the LuaLua injury happens, and Sami changes back to the same shape that hasn't worked - and once again it didn't work. Today he chose to stick with the same formation, but away to the league leaders with a fairly formidable home record. Oscar and Gus both said the same thing, we play the same home and away. But it wasn't actually true, they were far more cautious and far more considered.

I have my concerns over the tactics, and have raised them previously. I want Sami to pull this around and keep the same manager for a period of time, but I can see the reasons why other people disagree with me (the reasons are obvious to anyone!).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's a very reasoned argument, but frankly today was the final nail in the coffin for me and I want the man gone by the time we get to the Millwall game. I actually think just getting rid of him would lift the players.

And if he HAS lost the dressing room, then that's a reason to sack him. I can only type about how I perceive things and how I consider things. I have full faith in the club to make the right, informed, decision. Whatever happens, and forgive me for repeating myself, but the fans will outlast every manager and there's always another match around the corner.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And despite all I've said tonight, I don't disagree with these comments. I saw the team picked today and laughed. The team selection was madness, if ever there is a game for Rohan Ince to play, it is today and Sami clearly realised that with his early substitution. I wrote a piece on here a little while ago saying that his "full backs as wing backs" system can't work. He started with a 4-4-2 against Fulham and we were bright, positive and on top. Then the LuaLua injury happens, and Sami changes back to the same shape that hasn't worked - and once again it didn't work. Today he chose to stick with the same formation, but away to the league leaders with a fairly formidable home record. Oscar and Gus both said the same thing, we play the same home and away. But it wasn't actually true, they were far more cautious and far more considered.

I have my concerns over the tactics, and have raised them previously. I want Sami to pull this around and keep the same manager for a period of time, but I can see the reasons why other people disagree with me (the reasons are obvious to anyone!).
I hate changing managers. I feel sorry for all concerned but the problem here is he is so obviously out of his depth it's painful.

Also interesting that Jones very rarely is interviewed a big contrast to last year.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
And if he HAS lost the dressing room, then that's a reason to sack him.
Why doesn't my workplace work this way?
Perhaps there needs to be an internet message board dedicated to it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hate changing managers. I feel sorry for all concerned but the problem here is he is so obviously out of his depth it's painful.

Also interesting that Jones very rarely is interviewed a big contrast to last year.

I think that Nathan Jones' role in the club is interesting in general, he's the man on the touchline barking out orders but how much does he really contribute around the training ground? I'd be interested to know whether it's him responsible for the training of the players, or whether Sami is hands on. We can only really judge Sami on his results and the team selections, and neither are good. But I'm still not at the point of wanting him sacked.

Why doesn't my workplace work this way?
Perhaps there needs to be an internet message board dedicated to it.

Frankly, I am glad there isn't an internet messageboard at my workplace, some of the comments would be brutal! And my approval rating probably wouldn't differ significantly from Sami's in this poll. Happily, I don't answer them, I answer to my Team Leader. Sami's lucky to be in the same position with his Chairman.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It's a results business and Hyypia's record is now indefensible, even to the most hardcore fan!! Even though I feel for him he simply has to go now quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here