Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance v Fulham on Saturday...

Name the other clubs in the country who would get 28000/30,000 for a December relegation scrap in the championship against Fulham. There might be a couple more more, but off the top of my head, Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland (maybe), Aston Villa, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea. Point is, there are plenty that wouldn't. Brighton? Lower league club, premier league fans.

Technically we are not getting that amount though are we? It's all tickets sold now, which is very good as a figure on its own but it's not the actual people who turn up on the day. There is an argument now that if the mediocre season continues the optimistic, occasional fans who bought season tickets this season, won't bother next year and you may get a more accurate 'attendance' figure next season.

I've never been comfortable with the tickets sold figure being announced as attendance.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just absolutely gutted I'm not there for this one. Big crowd, a game with an edge to it, should equal a cracking atmosphere.....should do.

Feb 14, 2010
Technically we are not getting that amount though are we? It's all tickets sold now, which is very good as a figure on its own but it's not the actual people who turn up on the day. There is an argument now that if the mediocre season continues the optimistic, occasional fans who bought season tickets this season, won't bother next year and you may get a more accurate 'attendance' figure next season.

I've never been comfortable with the tickets sold figure being announced as attendance.

its how every club disclose attendance so you compare brighton with other clubs, so the point stands, name the other clubs who would do the same

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
We were given two extra batches of tickets, I think its getting on for 3000 now. Fulham did it on a one per season ticket holder points basis and said it wouldn't go on general sale, because of this quite a few have bought tickets in the section next to the away end.After getting this last clump of tickets Fulham actually put the last few on general which has seriously p***ed off fans who got em in your bit.I'm pretty sure you wont even know they're in the there, they'll be well behaved and wont go broadcasting it. Dont think it'll be like the game in 1996.
Reading this thread our visit might not get the juices flowing for some of you but Brighton has always had a bit of a derby feel for Fulham fans,I've probably witnessed or heard of more trouble involving games with you than any other club.Remember big crowds home and away in the late 70s.Second biggest crowds of the seasons at the Cottage two years running.First saw us at the Goldstone in 1983, and seen nearly away game at Brighton since.
Really looking forward to the weekend , be great to play in front of a big crowd again.

We were given two extra batches of tickets, I think its getting on for 3000 now. Fulham did it on a one per season ticket holder points basis and said it wouldn't go on general sale, because of this quite a few have bought tickets in the section next to the away end.After getting this last clump of tickets Fulham actually put the last few on general which has seriously p***ed off fans who got em in your bit.I'm pretty sure you wont even know they're in the there, they'll be well behaved and wont go broadcasting it. Dont think it'll be like the game in 1996.
Reading this thread our visit might not get the juices flowing for some of you but Brighton has always had a bit of a derby feel for Fulham fans,I've probably witnessed or heard of more trouble involving games with you than any other club.Remember big crowds home and away in the late 70s.Second biggest crowds of the seasons at the Cottage two years running.First saw us at the Goldstone in 1983, and seen nearly away game at Brighton since.
Really looking forward to the weekend , be great to play in front of a big crowd again.

tbf we have had more dust ups with Fulham than most London clubs,recall the Fulham fan with a kniife in both hands slashing an Albion fan behind the goldstone west stand,and the only fans to attack us going back to the heath were fulham,having said that i enjoyed my trip to hamburg with Fulham.:moo:

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
tbf we have had more dust ups with Fulham than most London clubs,recall the Fulham fan with a kniife in both hands slashing an Albion fan behind the goldstone west stand,and the only fans to attack us going back to the heath were fulham,having said that i enjoyed my trip to hamburg with Fulham.:moo:

Fulham fan with two knives slashing a Brighton fan??, you sure mate?.Never heard of anything like that before.Been going Fulham home and away for 36 years and know a few of the faces. Cant imagine anyone carrying a knife

Fulham fan with two knives slashing a Brighton fan??, you sure mate?.Never heard of anything like that before.Been going Fulham home and away for 36 years and know a few of the faces. Cant imagine anyone carrying a knife

Well the guy with the scars around his throat must have been mistaken,we have been attacked with glasses wooden bats returning on the train from the goldstone even the girlies were tooled up! Not always been one way but we have had alot of trouble from a supposedly family friendly club,i first started going to fulham 41 years ago.

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
Well the guy with the scars around his throat must have been mistaken,we have been attacked with glasses wooden bats returning on the train from the goldstone even the girlies were tooled up! Not always been one way but we have had alot of trouble from a supposedly family friendly club,i first started going to fulham 41 years ago.

Well I'm shocked ,first I've heard of it and thought I would've done, doesn't mean it didnt happen though.As you say it wasn't always one way but lets leave it there. Tooled up girlies though? at Fulham? Have I woke up in some alternative reality this morning?

its how every club disclose attendance so you compare brighton with other clubs, so the point stands, name the other clubs who would do the same

I wasn't disagreeing with assertion that we are doing well to get approximately 28,000 tickets sold when we are in the bottom five. I was stating that we won't actually get that amount of people through the turnstiles.

Where is the proof that 'every' club announces 'attendance' as tickets sold now?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here