Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC 2014 Sports Personality of the year,The Ten.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So? Henry Cooper, Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell have each won it twice, Steve Davis has been in the Top 3 five times.

And on top of what Wilkinson has achieved in 2014 he's also done something that only Bradley Wiggins has managed before him, which is to make the French nation fall in love with an Englishman.

Ah, Steve Davis, he could teach some of these whippersnappers what being a true legend is all about. Not just saying that because there is a piece with him in today's Times... :whistle:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our Celtic brethren have pretty much cleaned up on this since 2006 whilst Lewis Hamilton has already finished second twice. On recent form it looks like McIlroy has this in the bag, and it is extremely unlikely Rory will better 2 majors and a Ryder Cup in the same year.

I fancy Lewis will win F1 again in 2015, equal the great Sir Jackie Stewart's 3 F1 crowns and in a non-Olympic / Commonwealth year win SPOTY next time around.

In the event Lewis wins this year I fancy Rory could win it next year if he can complete his set of golf majors by winning The Masters.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just looks a very light year this year, however, when the chips are down the British SPOTY voter tends to go for the obvious one so it's the Oirish bloke with small balls or the Donut King Racer for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here