Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liam Bridcutt to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apart from the OP I can find no info on the web confirming LB's loan move.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wonder if Buckley will be shipped out on loan too ? I always wondered if Poyet signing Bridcutt and Buckley was just a means of him getting back at Bloom by destabilising us ?

A bit like a sacked employee of Sainsbury's getting back at them by doing some shopping there few weeks later. Strange act of revenge.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes but i seem to recall also kept the vast majority of his toys in his pram and stayed focused and for that matter had no suspicious injuries/viruses that kept him from the field of play and did things properly..

Yes, I think that EB's departure was rather more dignified. To be fair to them both, it would be harsh to deny them the chance to eg triple their wages in a move that they would presumably see as setting them up for life financially. In all honesty, if you had no allegiance to the Albion or Sussex, would you not have done the same. They were employees of the club, not fans -that is NOT to say that they should not have given their all and latterly in LB's case, I am not sure that we could make that claim. It is probably rather nasty of me, I accept, but nonetheless, I do admit to a rather smug feeling, that this particular gentleman has found that perhaps the grass is not always greener on the other side - no pun intended! Buckers next ?and even in Ulloa's case, the goals seemed to have dried up after an exciting start at Leicester . . Perhaps it puts the business acumen of the club on a rather more positive footing than some posters gave it credit for.

I wish him nothing but ill in his further endeavours as a "professianal" football player.

I'm hoping he will have a severe cricked neck from having his head turned and his "focus" never returns.

UP YOURS LIAM.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes, I think that EB's departure was rather more dignified. To be fair to them both, it would be harsh to deny them the chance to eg triple their wages in a move that they would presumably see as setting them up for life financially. In all honesty, if you had no allegiance to the Albion or Sussex, would you not have done the same. They were employees of the club, not fans -that is NOT to say that they should not have given their all and latterly in LB's case, I am not sure that we could make that claim. It is probably rather nasty of me, I accept, but nonetheless, I do admit to a rather smug feeling, that this particular gentleman has found that perhaps the grass is not always greener on the other side - no pun intended! Buckers next ?and even in Ulloa's case, the goals seemed to have dried up after an exciting start at Leicester . . Perhaps it puts the business acumen of the club on a rather more positive footing than some posters gave it credit for.

I know what you mean about them failing and to a degree it is human nature,to that end my thoughts are that those that go in the manner of Bridcutt (my favourite Albion player since Gary Nelson btw so that says a lot) should be afforded from me anyway the very best of wishes when they go and i always want to see ex Albion players do well,for i feel it reflects well on us a club,but really i would not want to see him back here ever again..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The difference being Sainsbury's can immediately and adequately replenish their shelves with another Bridcutt and Buckley, we can't.

Right that's it then DFP we are going out shopping tonight.. :lolol:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I wish him nothing but ill in his further endeavours as a "professianal" football player.

I'm hoping he will have a severe cricked neck from having his head turned and his "focus" never returns.

UP YOURS LIAM.

What a lovely comment although I am not sure he will be bothered about how you feel, plus the money he is now on means he only needs a contract for say a third of the time he would have had to play at Brighton, with a 4/5 year contract he would earn more than he would do playing for Brighton till retirement

What a lovely comment although I am not sure he will be bothered about how you feel, plus the money he is now on means he only needs a contract for say a third of the time he would have had to play at Brighton, with a 4/5 year contract he would earn more than he would do playing for Brighton till retirement

Got what he wanted then, now shipped out.

BTW, I really couldn't give a toss what you think of my comment. I hope he never gets to the big stage again (if true)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All true, but you can forgive us for feeling a little bit left down by the way he departed the club.

Class, you've either got it or you haven't.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
All true, but you can forgive us for feeling a little bit left down by the way he departed the club.

Class, you've either got it or you haven't.

Of course, I know as a fan exactly how that can feel although it is something I then remind myself that footballers have really no affinity to a club and all we do is pay wages and set them up for life

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Got what he wanted then, now shipped out.

BTW, I really couldn't give a toss what you think of my comment. I hope he never gets to the big stage again (if true)

Not sure if it is and he did play yesterday so would be interesting if true. Be careful what you wish for though as Wickham went on loan last year (also to Wednesday) and came back to help Sunderland stay up

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Of course, I know as a fan exactly how that can feel although it is something I then remind myself that footballers have really no affinity to a club and all we do is pay wages and set them up for life
Absolutely, but there are ways of doing things. Look at Ulloa for instance, he's still held in high regard with all of us yet the net result is the same, he plays for a different club.

Not sure if it is and he did play yesterday so would be interesting if true. Be careful what you wish for though as Wickham went on loan last year (also to Wednesday) and came back to help Sunderland stay up

The only thing I wish for is Bridcitt and Buckley to fail, big style.

Judging by the Sunderland forums they are too.

I wish no ill to Sunderland BTW, but them, loads.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Absolutely, but there are ways of doing things. Look at Ulloa for instance, he's still held in high regard with all of us yet the net result is the same, he plays for a different club.

Good point but I think in modern day football the player is almost a "face" for his team and the real problem is with the agents who will be constantly in the players ears telling them how to act, not to play to ensure they done get injured etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here