Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady on his way to Sheffield United?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Also, COG is one the our highest earners if not the highest.

Not plausible at all ...... coming from Barnsley at a £500K fee suggests otherwise, there would be absolutely no need to make him a high earner. As much as I'm no PB fan I don't regard him as daft

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'll think about that analogy on the way to work!

Many have been on his back since day 1, makes me think "we sold a striker for £8M+ and we bought one for £500K so he must be crap"

I'm not expert but I always thought he'd play as part of a Little and Large pairing but apart from once or twice he's been used mostly as a wide player. When he has teamed up with Baldock then the little guy has hardly done his bit.

COG holds the ball up as well as most and is a strong fella but he rarely has runners around him so I've got a lot of sympathy. Playing a "conventional" 4-4-2 I think he could have done really well but we'll never know.
Hope he goes to Sheff U and scores a boatload ... then it will be "well L1 is sh*t" ... even CMS could score there

yep agreed wish we had played that with Ulloa and CMS and with KLL and Buckley supplying the crosses. 442 seems very unfashionalbe these days but I would have like to see us give it a go or at least use it as plan b. Shame really now we have a team that dont appear to know what to do or where to play.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Ever since Gus/club/GM (take your pick) broke up the Murray/Barnes partnership, we have struggled for goals. We either play a big bloke with no one to run off him or we play a little bloke who never gets the ball/cannot hold the ball or is out muscled by huge centre halves. If O'Grady could just be paired with Baldock/CMS/Clunge for a couple of games we might see how two up top could/would work. Is it not beyond Sami/Jones to try 4,1,3,2 or heaven forbid 4,4,2. Especially when we are so struggling for chances let alone goals.

Dream land mate, if only it would come true eh

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Believe you'll find Baldock cost almost £3m

At the time of the deal, the official reporter for the Bristol Post tweeted that the upfront fee was £1.5million, and with add-ons the deal could rise to £2million.

Bristol City also have a sell-on clause.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
According to the Argus

O’Grady has also spoken about the difficulties he has encountered adapting to Albion’s tactics

There you go...tactics! What tactics? He is having trouble adapting to the utter shambles out on the pitch! Well derrrr

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
If you say so but I've been informed differently.

Also, COG is one the our highest earners if not the highest.
Could you let us all know where you get these figures. "If you say so but I've been informed differently" and where you heard Baldock cost THREEEE MIL?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here