Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** NFL Fantasy Football - NSC League halfway point and onwards ***

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
See you in the 'SuperBowl' [MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION] :wave:

Really enjoyed this year and looking forward to next already!... Thank you Mr Viper for organising!

Which 3 players has everyone got on their keeper list? (I don't think it matters if you say, no one can steal them).
Beckham Jnr & The Gronk for definite, unsure about number 3 but will probably keep Shady McCoy.

Antonio Brown, Travis Kelce are the certs. I might pick C.J Anderson or Jonathan Stewart for the other depending on what those teams do in the draft or free agency - possibly Jarvis Landry as he will only cost a low pick and will get better next year.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Antonio Brown, Travis Kelce are the certs. I might pick C.J Anderson or Jonathan Stewart for the other depending on what those teams do in the draft or free agency - possibly Jarvis Landry as he will only cost a low pick and will get better next year.

I let Stewart go earlier in the season, thought I was pretty much covered at RB with LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller & Joique Bell... Would love to get my hands on all three of those again next year!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Right chaps, been really busy lately and not had anywhere near as much opportunity to keep up with this as I had before. But I am so pleased you all enjoyed yourself and a big well done to our winner Atlanta Rabbitohs!

Onto the subjects of Keepers etc, the one thing I have seen is those with alot of keepers in their leagues tend to get quite consistent winners/high placing teams and it sucks the fun out of it somewhat, but I also don't wanna **** people about with it by constantly changing so I really need to come to a decision, I'm really leaning towards just the one keeper now, because you get the chance to keep an amazing player for you and it also gives everyone a chance to mould a team to their own again with alot of variety, particularly newcomers to fantasy.

If you wouldn't mind I want to change it back to one. Thoughts please? :)

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Right chaps, been really busy lately and not had anywhere near as much opportunity to keep up with this as I had before. But I am so pleased you all enjoyed yourself and a big well done to our winner Atlanta Rabbitohs!

Onto the subjects of Keepers etc, the one thing I have seen is those with alot of keepers in their leagues tend to get quite consistent winners/high placing teams and it sucks the fun out of it somewhat, but I also don't wanna **** people about with it by constantly changing so I really need to come to a decision, I'm really leaning towards just the one keeper now, because you get the chance to keep an amazing player for you and it also gives everyone a chance to mould a team to their own again with alot of variety, particularly newcomers to fantasy.

If you wouldn't mind I want to change it back to one. Thoughts please? :)

I think just one is better for sure.

Congrats to the Rabbitohs, an incredibly strong roster for a 16 man league.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well, 1 does make my decision making process pretty easy.

But even as someone whose team struggled this year I'd prefer 2 or 3. How many peopled used keepers on Ray Rice or Adrian Petersen this year? It can go wrong very quickly.

You also lose the draft pick you used on that player- so if you are using a keeper on someone you got in an early round it can be a disadvantage.

Admittedly if you picked up Odell Beckham on waivers, you're laughing.

I'm happy, whatever the decision though.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Weeeeeeeee are the Champions! :clap2:

Congrats I doff my hat to you, Beckham has been a stand out pick up - my higher scorers were the ones I picked up high in the draft!

Personally I think 1/2 would be good although I am happy to go with your choice and I also have an avid NFL fan lined up if we need as I guess 1 or 2 struggle to keep up for the season

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Thank you all, looking forward to next year already... Personally I think 2 Keepers would be best all round, some want 3, some want 1 so the middle seems the best option.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well done Viper, it really has been excellent. Well done Trigger.

Personally, I think 2 keepers would be great, but I have no strong opinion either way, will go with the majority on this.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Congratulations to Trigger. I'm not saying that because I beat the Rabbitohs in week 3 I'm the real champion; that would possibly be unfair and untrue.

Many thanks to Viper for running it, it's been most enjoyable.

I'd say one or two keepers, but then my team is atrocious.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Also seems like the overwhelming decision is 2 keepers, I'll change that now and we'll be announcing a draft date around mid august.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant stuff Viper, looking forward to it already... 2 keepers works fine for me :)

Be lucky to find another Odell Beckham this year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here