RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simples.
20,000 fans each stump up £1000. That way the owner(s) can fire themselves at the first hint of a run of bad form.

Me Out!

And transfer decisions can be reached by using the same voting system as Strictly Come Dancing.

Based on the fact that Judy Murray has been top of the public voting every week we would have Shamir Fenlon and COG as our major strike force not the best players

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
okay so things aren't looking that brilliant at the club at the moment and this definitely isn't going to help.

I know a man who used to work high up at the club and still remains in football. he is from a jewish family and they are very close with the blooms. according to him bloom simply cant afford to keep the club running and is "apparently" looking to offload.

I seriously hope this is bullshit but thought it should be reported.

*queue binfest*
Wow! There's no smoke without fire. My ex girl friends cousin who I work with on Sunday shift said she knows a neighbour of Bloom's second cousin's vet. Anyway, i often get the inside track through this source. Apparently Brighton can't afford to stay at the Amex and the only club who will allow them to use their ground who the FA will allow are Sunderland. Apparently they are looking into the prospect of Brighton playing at the Stadium of Light and being a feeder club for Sunderland. I tell you you just WOULD NOT BELIEVE half the stuff I get to hear!!

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
I had dinner Friday night with BHAFC director and TB right hand man Adam Franks and I know they would like
The club to be self funding,which is near impossible in today football world,TB is here to stay and I think you might even see his young son as chairman in 30 years time he has no plans to sell or spend millions on a squad it's going to have to be developed over a number of years hence the funding of the training ground.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I had dinner Friday night with BHAFC director and TB right hand man Adam Franks and I know they would like
The club to be self funding,which is near impossible in today football world,TB is here to stay and I think you might even see his young son as chairman in 30 years time he has no plans to sell or spend millions on a squad it's going to have to be developed over a number of years hence the funding of the training ground.

What did you have? Bargain bucket or popcorn chicken mega?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Tony Bloom has repeatedly spoken of his intention to get The Albion into a more sustainable financial position. I'm not sure how he can keep injecting significant funds year on year, without exploring the alternatives.

I would suggest that rather than sell, it would make sense to be seeking other significant investors and sponsors, hopefully with Tony retaining a controlling share. I think most Albion fans would want to see a genuine fan like Tony remain in control.

Quite who would want to invest in The Albion is another matter. Someone with the vision and willingness to get us into the Prem and then have the patience to consolidate, as they surely won't see a return on their investment for a year or two....

'Return on investment?! Does anyone put money into a football club looking for a return on investment?
Despite massive increases in PL revenues by hundreds of millions of pounds in 2012/2013 PL clubs lost over £300m in total and the average revenue/ wages ratio in the Championship was 106% so I think that gives the lie to anyone thinking they will get much of a return for investing in a football club!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Cannot see anybody Jewish buying the club unless like TB a fan as i is a licence to lose money. If anybody more likely to be Russian, American or Arab who can see potential. Why would he sell with making plans for a hotel?

:facepalm:

What religion is the Russian who owns Chelsea or the Americans who own Man Utd ???

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Maybe the £200million was not all his in the first place ?

This is not far away from what I was told. No idea if bullshit or not but if the person who told me had posted this directly a lot would be inclined to belive

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The only fact i have to contribute to this thread of rumour, speculation and mischief making is that the last time to my knowledge Tony Bloom talked about his future at the club, only few weeks ago, was at the recent Seagulls Over Burwash forum. He said he envisaged being here for quite a while longer yet.

[tweet]507262736997552128[/tweet]

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We had the last two seasons where the plan was to go up.
I believe the plan now to be wait it out while the academy starts to produce.
Can't see him selling to lose a colossal amount of money, but rather seek investment while we attempt to financially stabilise ourselves.
I don't see a relegation fight being part of the plan but it's certainly a reality now.

I have no "inside info", but this surely has to be the position…..this season is almost certainly a write-off in terms of on-field progression - we just need to avoid relegation at all costs. This is a long game, and Tony is still a young guy. His family has a dynastic involvement in the club, and I'm pretty sure he therefore has a VERY long time-horizon for this project. The academy is the key, not whether Sami is the right manager (as long as he doesn't get us relegated).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have no "inside info", but this surely has to be the position…..this season is almost certainly a write-off in terms of on-field progression - we just need to avoid relegation at all costs. This is a long game, and Tony is still a young guy. His family has a dynastic involvement in the club, and I'm pretty sure he therefore has a VERY long time-horizon for this project. The academy is the key, not whether Sami is the right manager (as long as he doesn't get us relegated).

I'll be absolutely stunned if the entire business plan is to sit back and wait for the academy to produce talent. It's going to take years, and that's if it produces anything at all. My concern is that what kid would want to come here anyway? Why, if from local counties, would you come here instead of Southampton or Palace? Both have a track record of producing top players, both are in the Premier League. Just because we have the flashiest facility means cock all, it's a ridiculous risk to take and it could result in a disaster. If the club doesn't invest in some decent players we are going to get relegated, that spells catastrophe, the club can't make ends meet with 20,000 st holders and record sales of everything, 10k crowds at the Amex will be an absolute hammer blow.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How on earth are we going to end up with 10K crowds ? If we are relegated, still unlikely, then season ticket sales (presumably kept frozen or reduced) are really going to fall by 60% ??

:lol: are you new to the Albion or something? And do you actually believe there were 24k people there yesterday not 18/19k? Also, why is it unlikely that we will get relegated, is it the talented squad, free scoring strikers, experienced manager, huge transfer budget?
Season ticket prices reduced? :lol: not a chance. We have a solid fan base of 9-10k I reckon, you'll be hard pushed to find folk that want to spend £450 a year to watch league one hoof ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here