Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom looking to sell (rumour)

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Cannot see anybody Jewish buying the club unless like TB a fan as i is a licence to lose money. If anybody more likely to be Russian, American or Arab who can see potential. Why would he sell with making plans for a hotel?

Surely if any of those can see possible 'potential' why wouldn't Tony Bloom also see those possibilities? !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
okay so things aren't looking that brilliant at the club at the moment and this definitely isn't going to help.

I know a man who used to work high up at the club and still remains in football. he is from a jewish family and they are very close with the blooms. according to him bloom simply cant afford to keep the club running and is "apparently" looking to offload.

I seriously hope this is bullshit but thought it should be reported.

*queue binfest*

Jews don't blab about other Jews business dealings. This rumour is clearly horseshit.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have followed the line that TB cannot afford to keep piling money into the club. Some on here just can't believe it, because he is a fan, but its a massive cash cow and fan or not, there comes a time when its time to bail. Rumour or not, I have had a feeling since the end of last season that there is an exit strategy for him. Stand back, look at what is happening and consider where the club is currently going and what money it has available. We have experienced a fire sale of players, turned over managers, imported free and on loan players and gone for a cheap manager with no championship experience. Our time was in the last year of Poyet and that would have fitted the plan and returned the chairman a great deal. Its been down hill since then, there isn't the money around take a look at everything.

I have zero insider knowledge but I can tell you with utter certainty that Bloom does have an exit strategy. It might be 1 week, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years or more but he'll have a plan that includes some form of sell off. It's what the mega rich people do. It doesn't mean he's gonna walk away, just that you don't get where he has in life without thinking these things through and planning how things might end.

What comforts me is that whatever else he is, he's BHAFC through and through, and you can be sure whatever he may or may not do in the future, he won't put the club in a position where we can get exploited by a maverick 'Tan' like owner. The Club is in his blood, and for that I for one am extremely grateful.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I have followed the line that TB cannot afford to keep piling money into the club. Some on here just can't believe it, because he is a fan, but its a massive cash cow and fan or not, there comes a time when its time to bail. Rumour or not, I have had a feeling since the end of last season that there is an exit strategy for him. Stand back, look at what is happening and consider where the club is currently going and what money it has available. We have experienced a fire sale of players, turned over managers, imported free and on loan players and gone for a cheap manager with no championship experience. Our time was in the last year of Poyet and that would have fitted the plan and returned the chairman a great deal. Its been down hill since then, there isn't the money around take a look at everything.
Totally disagree with what you are saying because he invested in Gus Poyet. Don't you remember that Gus was involved with the design of the Amex, had input in to how the Training centre should be set up. He was hugely let down by his first managerial appointment.
So was I btw!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Totally disagree with what you are saying because he invested in Gus Poyet. Don't you remember that Gus was involved with the design of the Amex, had input in to how the Training centre should be set up. He was hugely let down by his first managerial appointment.
So was I btw!

Oh, Poyet had a hand in the design of the Amex, you are having a laugh surely? The issue is that there clearly is a squeeze on the purse strings.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Oh, Poyet had a hand in the design of the Amex, you are having a laugh surely? The issue is that there clearly is a squeeze on the purse strings.

Um this wasn't that long ago. We were in League 1, planning permission had been granted, Don't you remember?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Tony Bloom has repeatedly spoken of his intention to get The Albion into a more sustainable financial position. I'm not sure how he can keep injecting significant funds year on year, without exploring the alternatives.

I would suggest that rather than sell, it would make sense to be seeking other significant investors and sponsors, hopefully with Tony retaining a controlling share. I think most Albion fans would want to see a genuine fan like Tony remain in control.

Quite who would want to invest in The Albion is another matter. Someone with the vision and willingness to get us into the Prem and then have the patience to consolidate, as they surely won't see a return on their investment for a year or two....

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
when did Ian Hart play for the Albion:D

poster probably got mixed up thinking it was OGH.

Apologies I was indeed confused as to the author of the article.

But back to my point, why would Barber quit over an article in a paper? It carries about as much weight as some of the ramblings on here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's all about the biggest prize in sport.

thats Sky marketing talk. in reality, as so many clubs find once there, you spend all the TV and sponsorship money on transfers and wages to stay there. so what the prize other than sheer kudos? and how much is that really worth, unless you have so much money you can drop tens of millions on a hobby? i dont doubt they have the money, but i doubt they have the interest. cant see any reason why they'd want to buy in, especailly as there are other options probably cheaper. excepting they may have already made some invovlment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem is who would buy and why would they buy? With FFP you can't pump in millions and buy your way to promotion.

I can see that although FFP is prudent and makes financial sense why would anyone want to buy a non- Prem club with no parachute payments? I fancy a lot of owners will be stuck with an asset they cannot sell.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Tony Bloom has repeatedly spoken of his intention to get The Albion into a more sustainable financial position. I'm not sure how he can keep injecting significant funds year on year, without exploring the alternatives.

I would suggest that rather than sell, it would make sense to be seeking other significant investors and sponsors, hopefully with Tony retaining a controlling share. I think most Albion fans would want to see a genuine fan like Tony remain in control.

Quite who would want to invest in The Albion is another matter. Someone with the vision and willingness to get us into the Prem and then have the patience to consolidate, as they surely won't see a return on their investment for a year or two....

It's precisely because he's a fan that I suspect he'll be looking for investment - he'll know that, having had a punt for a few seasons and come up a bit short, we've now had to reduce costs and settle for a squad that isn't going to get us to the prem. And the business model in the championship simply doesn't stack up.

So we'll need some additional investment from somewhere. The issue is that it's unlikely we'll find anyone who's prepared to put the sort of money we'll need in without wanting a controlling interest in the club. Which will leave TB in a difficult position - keep control and know that, even spending a lot more of his money, we're likely to continue as a championship club where the business model simply doesn't stack up - or sell a controlling interest to enable the club to move to the next level. There's plenty of examples of this - madjeski springs to mind - unfortunately it usually means foreign investment which will probably make us all more nervous about the owners intentions. Ideally TB would remain involved but he might not want to be if he isn't the "owner" any more and might prefer to revert back to being a fan - albeit one who should go down in club legend for his contribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here