• back him

Votes: 145 34.3%
  • fence

Votes: 105 24.8%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well. I'm sad after today's performance but to come on here and see a thread started where the thread title and posts can not even manage to spell our current managers name right. dismays me almost as much as the dross iv'e witnessed today.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Well. I'm sad after today's performance but to come on here and see a thread started where the thread title and posts can not even manage to spell our current managers name right. dismays me almost as much as the dross iv'e witnessed today.

Or your punctuation/grammar.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Fence

First time in AGES i have been on the fence regarding our manager too, that is the sort of situation we are in. No improvements are being made and its currently the same sh*t week in, week out.

The next 4 weeks have got to be make or break for him. He has the players and the resources - he needs to bloody start getting it right, preferably before we become embroiled in a deep relegation battle.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I don't like to say it but I think out. Yes we have limited options up front and a keeper that has lost his confidence but for me it is the fact that we have no discernible pattern to our play and a lack of desire which is personified by a manager that seems devoid of passion. The manager and the players seemed resigned to a defeat once the first goal went in.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
yoov payed fourty kwid to wach dross and your worryied about the odd spelling miss take?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
IN, get a decent striker on loan. How many poor performances under Sami?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm on the fence but very close to calling for his head. Last time I felt this negative about our manager was after the defeat against 9 man Walsall under Adams. There is the same element of clueless stubbornness about Sami I fear.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Nearly half of the votes so far want him gone. I wonder if he'll vocally get it against him on Tues / next Saturday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm on the fence but very close to calling for his head. Last time I felt this negative about our manager was after the defeat against 9 man Walsall under Adams. There is the same element of clueless stubbornness about Sami I fear.

Can you remember what happened at the next game?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you remember what happened at the next game?

Yes, can you remember the dross served up until he was sacked in virtually every other game?

Maybe we are going to have a totally unexpected victory at Huddersfield. That would be nice and it would be worth points, unlike the victory over Citeh.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
-Provided him with an inept squad of midgets with not one forward who can head and finish from within the penalty area.
-Not one winger who can provide a cross for the aforementioned to happen OR shoot on target.
-A central midfield that goes to pot with one or two injuries.
-A defence that with contracts and loans expiring will be decimated at the end of the season.
-A goalkeeper that we paid a fee for who appears no better than the one we released.

Defence - We have a defence of internationals, goal scorers, and players with Prem League or La Liga experience. Several of whom (Greer, Dunk) are in better form for years.
Wingers - Hyypia chooses not to play that way relying on wing backs (Bennett, Bruno, Calde ) to deliver crosses and KLL playing central. Our u21 eng winger is injured.
Central Midfield - Our central midfield did go to pot yesterday as Hyypia took them off the pitch ending the match with Colunga, O Grady, Baldock, and KLL all up front and on the pitch. Holla, JFC, McCourt, Teixeira all have shown impressive form this season , if fleetingly. Stephens and Crofts of course are unfortunately injured.
Goalkeeper - well he's definitely been unlucky this season...His distribution is better than his predecessor. We also have the most promising youth goalkeeper in England. And Casper :)
Strikers - they've struggled so far but are hardly players with little pedigree. La Liga, a prolific Championship scorer, top scorer in L1.

11 signings this summer. So any manager would struggle to blend that with an existing squad (although Koeman seems to be coping at Southampton for example with a high squad turnover) But given the above it does beg the question. Burke, Bloom and Barber have given the Albion a competitive squad. Why can't we get them to play together ? Why only 2 wins in 12. Formation ? Motivation ? Tactics ? Substitutions ? Luck ?

Fence...for now. TB might be less patient.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
by my reckoning , Sami has had two international breaks to sort thing out, bearing in mind only defenders and one midfielder have been away. Surely to god something could have been worked on ?
I will get slated for this, but get Billy Davies in sooner rather than later, been there, done it and got the t-shirt .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It has to be in at the moment but I'm not convinced the club will stick by him. He's been screwed up by the club and you have to blame Tony Bloom (he's the one who decides on budgets presumably). Middlesbrough's striker cost £2.5 million from Spain and looked a real handful yesterday, even if he dived a lot. If we'd shown the ambition to go for a striker like that, we wouldn't be struggling like we are. I know the suggestion is we are awful all round but a quality striker would change all that in my opinion.

I stood by the club all summer and said I would judge after the transfer window. It looks like we got it completely wrong and should have spent money on a striker. I think Hyypia will pay the price but I don't really blame him. Yesterday was poor but if we'd won against Cardiff and Watford, where we had comfortably enough chances to win, there wouldn't be the panic there is now.

I think a bad result against Huddersfield and Bloom will probably act but I don't think it's right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think he should go at the moment. I would like to see the scouting staff come up with a cheap foreign striker in the Ulloa mould. He was relatively cheap by FL standard and there must be others in Spain or elsewhere in Europe particularly Eastern Europe like Romania, Bulgaria etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It looks like we got it completely wrong and should have spent money on a striker. .

The club did spend money on a striker. Three of them. Several million, its reported, on Sam Baldock and we also found an ex La Liga striker and prolific Champ scorer to be a fringe/squad player alongside a £2.5m striker coming back from injury.
Unfortunately they either cannot reproduce their form, aren't being played in the right system getting enough chances or its far too early to say.
But the idea that the club hasn't funded and given the manager a competitive strike force doesn't make sense.

Wolves bought a prolific L1 striker for about the same money as Sam Baldock and have come good with Callum Wilson. Was that the right approach ?
Fulham bought a Championship striker for even more money as Ulloa. 2 goals for Ross McCormack. Was that the right approach ?
I suspect nobody has any idea. Its easy to sit here and say we obviously did the wrong thing. But what would you have done in the summer ?

All these calls for "We should have bought a striker" . Well we did. Can we get them to play ?
Sadly no. Perhaps if we bought someone else then the manager might not be able to get them to perform either ... They certainly did for their previous clubs which is why they were brought in...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The club did spend money on a striker. Three of them. Several million, its reported, on Sam Baldock and we also found an ex La Liga striker and prolific Champ scorer to be a fringe/squad player alongside a £2.5m striker coming back from injury.
Unfortunately they either cannot reproduce their form, aren't being played in the right system getting enough chances or its far too early to say.
But the idea that the club hasn't funded and given the manager a competitive strike force doesn't make sense.

Wolves bought a prolific L1 striker for about the same money as Sam Baldock and have come good with Callum Wilson. Was that the right approach ?
Fulham bought a Championship striker for even more money as Ulloa. 2 goals for Ross McCormack. Was that the right approach ?
I suspect nobody has any idea. Its easy to sit here and say we obviously did the wrong thing. But what would you have done in the summer ?

All these calls for "We should have bought a striker" . Well we did. Can we get them to play ?
Sadly no. Perhaps if we bought someone else then the manager might not be able to get them to perform either ... They certainly did for their previous clubs which is why they were brought in...

In the last 12 months, we've made about £15 million through the transfers of Bridcutt, Barnes, Buckley and Ulloa. We've only brought in Stephens, Stockdale, Baldock and O'Grady for significant transfer fees (somewhere in the region of £4 million). Clubs who make that kind of profit over a year for transfers will be less likely to improve.

We bought in Baldock (when the gamble on buying a prolific League 1 striker had already failed with CMS in terms of goals) and a player who got relegated from this league last year, although did do quite well. We need to spend big on a striker and didn't. We're now paying the price.

As for Wilson, I assume you mean Bournemouth. The difference with him is he's very young and talented whereas Baldock had been played at Championship level before and not worked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here