Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Coin Op Arcade Game??

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I loved World Cup soccer and golden axe.

Been toying with he idea of trying to make one. Seems like it could be a nice project, has anyone on here gone to such lengths?
I've looked online at the different ideas of how to do it. Basically using an old tv connected to an old pc with an emulator downloaded on it with all the games!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What was the footie game that you moved players using the giant mouse type ball and it had a flat screen.

Used to cause blisters and cut your hand from frant attacks using the roller ball :lolol:

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Many have been mentioned on here already such as Turtles, Simpsons etc remember playing all of them. Remember Golden Axe and spending a lot of time on Street Fighter 2. Memorable mention as well for Crazy taxi which is a great arcade game

D

Deleted member 22389

Going on the old days of computing is anyone old enough to remember the computer shop in Brighton called Gamer. It was on the same road as the cinema. We used to go there every Sat to buy Spectrum and Commodore 64 games.
I remember seeing the Atari ST and Amiga on display. Everyone wanted one of those beauties, then pestering your parents for one. Never happened for me, but a few years later when I finally started working I bought myself an Amiga 600. Best computer I ever had.

D

Deleted member 22389

Pole position

I remember Pole Position. Parents only allowed me a couple of plays at 10p a time lol.
That soon changed when I got an Atari 2600 with Pole Position. Played it for hours as a youngster and pitfall.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Joust. Riding around on a flying ostrich with only a lance to defend yourself. Seem to recall the only button was labelled "Flap".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Anyone remember what that crossbow game was called?......your character would walk though different areas (desert, town, jungle etc) and you had to protect him using a crossbow. They had one of these down at Peter Pans.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Exciting Soccer?
That was it I think, thanks. Had six or eight teams including Austria iirc.

Going on the old days of computing is anyone old enough to remember the computer shop in Brighton called Gamer. It was on the same road as the cinema. We used to go there every Sat to buy Spectrum and Commodore 64 games.
I remember seeing the Atari ST and Amiga on display. Everyone wanted one of those beauties, then pestering your parents for one. Never happened for me, but a few years later when I finally started working I bought myself an Amiga 600. Best computer I ever had.
Got my ST there I think (replacement for my Acorn Electron :) ).

Anyone remember what that crossbow game was called?......your character would walk though different areas (desert, town, jungle etc) and you had to protect him using a crossbow. They had one of these down at Peter Pans.
You'll never guess :lolol: To be fair, I couldn't remember til I looked it up :)

D

Deleted member 22389

That was it I think, thanks. Had six or eight teams including Austria iirc.

Got my ST there I think (replacement for my Acorn Electron :) ).

You'll never guess :lolol: To be fair, I couldn't remember til I looked it up :)

I actually remember my friend got an Atari ST, I was still stuck on the Commodore 64 at the time. The Atari ST blew us away.
I remember he got starglider and we kept playing back the soundtrack. Amazed we could here actual voices coming from the speakers.

That shop Gamer has a lot of memories. Do you remember the Amiga in there and they had the juggling balls demo. Think it was this one below

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I actually remember my friend got an Atari ST, I was still stuck on the Commodore 64 at the time. The Atari ST blew us away.
I remember he got starglider and we kept playing back the soundtrack. Amazed we could here actual voices coming from the speakers.

That shop Gamer has a lot of memories. Do you remember the Amiga in there and they had the juggling balls demo. Think it was this one below

I can. I remember doing similar ray-tracing on the ST using a program free with a magazine - you had to set up all the images using 2D top, front and rear views and then wait all night for the actual image to be calculated. I'm sure you can imagine how many times a worthwhile image was produced, even if the program didn't crash half-way through.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Double Dragon - COMPLETED
Time Crisis - COMPLETED (number 3 I think)
Streets of Rage
Final Fight
Street Fighter II

Jul 7, 2003
I was always crap at those types of video games - even that simple classic Boot Hill seemed to be too much for me. However, in an arcade there is nothing better than a pinball machine.

So hard to find one nowadays - the last one I played was in Basel airport. Given my history with video games, I now play Pinball Arcade on my iPad which has some pretty good representations of the classic pinball tables.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here