Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice is back!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out of interest, if your remit on any given task was to make as much money as possible, why wouldn't you just rip off your punters as best possible?

I'm referring to the totally laughable "lunch" that was provided on one of the tours, where people had paid up to £99 for an amateur coach tour with lunch included. Why did Nick Hewer make a point of asking the camera whether it was reasonable for punters to expect "a bit more" than the crap sandwich, for their money? Well yes Nick, OBVIOUSLY. But you're the expert - why are YOU involved in writing up such shìt challenges, where the winner is the one who makes the biggest profit on the day? Clearly that means minimising costs. In those circumstances, if I was doing it, I'd give the punters a can of value soup and then CHARGE to warm it up in a microwave.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Out of interest, if your remit on any given task was to make as much money as possible, why wouldn't you just rip off your punters as best possible?

I'm referring to the totally laughable "lunch" that was provided on one of the tours, where people had paid up to £99 for an amateur coach tour with lunch included. Why did Nick Hewer make a point of asking the camera whether it was reasonable for punters to expect "a bit more" than the crap sandwich, for their money? Well yes Nick, OBVIOUSLY. But you're the expert - why are YOU involved in writing up such shìt challenges, where the winner is the one who makes the biggest profit on the day? Clearly that means minimising costs. In those circumstances, if I was doing it, I'd give the punters a can of value soup and then CHARGE to warm it up in a microwave.

Cheapskate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agreed. Presumably its just too much EFFORT on the part of the producers (or they feel its too much thinking on the part of the viewers) to have the outcome of the task decided by some combination of profit + customer satisfaction. The winning team won PURELY because they sold their tours for a higher price - nothing else mattered - had the shit team plucked a fugure of £100 out of thin air, and sold the tours on a pack of lies, then the Wheels On The Bus tour would have won*, despite being inferior in every single aspect of the entire task.

*Proviso to that, is that had anyone insisted on a refund, (based on previous episodes) those figures would have been deducted from their totals.

By the way - where are you plugging in this microwave? Have you actually thought this through?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By the way - where are you plugging in this microwave? Have you actually thought this through?
I'll plug it into the coach's 6V cigarette lighter using some sort of adapter. Which I'll then claim doesn't work and get a refund from the shop.

It might blow the coach up, but that doesn't matter, obviously, as I'll have already FLEECED enough punters to win the task.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll plug it into the coach's 6V cigarette lighter using some sort of adapter. Which I'll then claim doesn't work and get a refund from the shop.

It might blow the coach up, but that doesn't matter, obviously, as I'll have already FLEECED enough punters to win the task.

Good plan

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gotta love the way Karren Brady rolls her eyes! :rolleyes:

I wonder if she rolled her eyes when she found out what other businesses her employers, Messrs Gold and Sullivan, were running while at Birmingham City ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The only disappointment this week was that they didn’t get the candidates to drive the coach as well. You just know they would have ended up hopelessly lost in Chatham rather than Canterbury asking some hooped earring girl chav with a push chair ‘’Where are the Chatham tales exhibition love?

As for the Aussie bloke, he is great at telling us what shouldn’t be done but less so on what he would actually do to fix it. We’ve all got a PHD in hindsight mate. Still, he is one of the better ones which, in this series, isn’t exactly hard. I’d wager the PM on the winning team couldn’t sell bottled water to someone who had just finished a marathon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder if she rolled her eyes when she found out what other businesses her employers, Messrs Gold and Sullivan, were running while at Birmingham City ?

Unlikely - she worked for Sullivan on The Daily Sport, BEFORE they bought Birmingham.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
James should have gone, he wasted time with pathetic "negotiation" at the first tour then his antics on the bus and generally irritating attitude towards everything.

Bianca being bought in was questionable, had they sold the tickets at full price they still would have been short of change and lost.
Gemma was useless, but not really entirely at fault for the lose of the tour....

You are missing the point as it is all about ratings. Sugar already knows who is going to win as he had read their business plans so knows which is a goer for him to make money. The plums are left in because it makes great TV when we all laugh at their incompetence. James has a few more weeks shelf life I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here