Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pietersen at it again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And - FWIW - I used to get bollocked by the bowler and skipper if I dropped a catch or did a misfield when I played for Preston Nomads Under 13s in Wish Park aka Dogshit Alley. Why on earth should people who are getting paid to travel the world first class get away with such mistakes? "Oh bad luck Charles" is for the under 9s and the Sunday Seconds.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
1: It's the Daily Mail.
2: Strauss called KP a c*** live on TV.

KP can be a plum, he's also scored more runs than any England batsman. The 'dossier' reveals his sacking to be down to Flower Power.

Mail or not no legal action from K/P. Strauss called K/P that,if it was me it would have been alot worse.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I see that Jonathan Agnew, the voice of the ECB and Waitrose, has quit Twitter after a row with KP's wife Jessica Taylor. Agnew, in a complete irony bypass, claimed he was being bullied.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
And - FWIW - I used to get bollocked by the bowler and skipper if I dropped a catch or did a misfield when I played for Preston Nomads Under 13s in Wish Park aka Dogshit Alley. Why on earth should people who are getting paid to travel the world first class get away with such mistakes? "Oh bad luck Charles" is for the under 9s and the Sunday Seconds.

Rubbish! Rubbish! Rubbish! Do you really think it makes people perform better by shouting at them when they make a mistake? Dear me - all it does is make the one who shouts feel better for a moment. Good leaders inspire, they don't frighten. Your bowler and skipper when you were 13 should be banned - dreadful attitude. How many kids did they put off playing for ever I wonder?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Even if I had been unfairly treated I would not make such an issue if I was made up financially for life, travel the world and do a job I love. Hearing about innocent people being killed and tortured, people suffering from fatal diseases in Africa and thousands in the UK suffering from asbestos exposure etc etc, I get the impression he's a tad of a big girl's blouse.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just watching him over here, leaving the tail end exposed to protect his batting average, utter turd.
First TV interview I saw with him and first comment,'well, it's nice to have 1 million in the bank'.
As far as he is concerned, he is the greatest.
He's even brainwashed his Mrs into believing it.
First class tosser and ****, good riddance.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
England 'A' as it was then played a full strenght Australian side at Worcester around 2009 in the 1st innings England just after tea were something like 190 for no wkt,Brett Lee had looked nothing special until Ponting gave him a mouth full (mainly due to what many would consider Lee's jokey-bloke manner with the crowd) Lee was brought straight back into the attack and within 5/6 overs Brett Lee overs he had reduced England to something like 215-4-6 in which he took five wickets in a devastating spell of fast bowling,Ponting was'nt bothered who heard his remarks he wanted a performance and got it.

Mike Brearley tells a similar story about Botham.

You are spectacularly missing the point. Pietersen isn't talking about established members of the dressing room recieving a dressing down for under-performance (in fact if you listen to/ read what he is actually saying I'd imagine he would have welcomed that.) He's talking about a cabal of senior players undermining new entries to the dressing room, motivated not by a desire to make the team better but by self interest. I make the point that the fact there was not one successful integration into that dressing room from Trott's debut (2009) to Flower's departure (January 2014) is an utterly damning indictment.

In the period from Jan 2014 - present we have seen Root, Ballance and Mooen Ali establish themselves in the team. There were 2 players who undoubtedly had the potential to be 100 cap test cricketers in that time (09-14) entering the dressing room - Steve Finn England's brightest bowling prospect in my memory, who ended up carrying water in Australia and Joe Root who by the end of that tour looking anything but a Test Cricketer.

I don't really see how it's even up for deabte that there wasn't something seriously wrong with the dressing room during this period.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

You are completely missing the point. Pietersen is saying that particular players who were not part of the cabal were singled out for treatment. Pietersen himself was not a victim (as I expect the cabal of senior players considered him too important to the team.)

This was not with the intention of improving performance, it was with the intention of maintaining the positions of the senior players in the team.

Shahzad, Tremlett and Trott have all to an extent backed Pietersen here.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The bit about Prior and Cook telling Flower what Pietersen said about the coach in a supposedly confidential team meeting is utterly disgraceful. If I was KP I would have walked then.

In fact, if I was KP I would have walked after the fallout over the original Moores sacking.

Nobody is arguing that KP is an easy character but he has been continually and catastrophically mishandled over the course of his England career.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You are spectacularly missing the point. Pietersen isn't talking about established members of the dressing room recieving a dressing down for under-performance (in fact if you listen to/ read what he is actually saying I'd imagine he would have welcomed that.) He's talking about a cabal of senior players undermining new entries to the dressing room, motivated not by a desire to make the team better but by self interest. I make the point that the fact there was not one successful integration into that dressing room from Trott's debut (2009) to Flower's departure (January 2014) is an utterly damning indictment.
And you are being spectacularly one-eyed about the whole affair. Your chosen time period of 2009-Jan 2014 includes some of the biggest successes and best performances English cricket has ever known.

We don't know the detail of what went on in the dressing room but it was bound to be an extremely challenging environment with the established players dominating the scene.

Broad seems to be generally a massive knob. Highly aggressive and selfish. Very good at winning cricket matches.
Anderson & Prior similarly high achieving and demanding individuals.
Swann - a bit different. Apparently "nicer" but with a sharp tongue and no doubt when number one bowler in the world a decent sized ego.
KP - without question, by far the biggest **** of the lot. Tolerated while winning matches consistently. Jettisoned when focus and performances started to wane.

I don't see a massive problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here