Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford / Lord Bracknell - doing well

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very glad to hear Ed is back in the land of the living (well, Firle anyway).

My best mate had bowel cancer and has been in full remission for 18 months now. It is a hell of a battle, but it can be beaten!

Keep the Faith Lord B.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ahh...good news TLO. Hopefully Lord Bracknell's return to the Amex will coincide with our imminent (surely) return to form!

Once again, thanks to everyone for their kind messages.

But what I'd really like to say is thanks to all of the folk who have contributed to the advances that the medical profession have made in recent years.

When I was first diagnosed early last year, I was, to be frank, scared of what might lie ahead of me. But, in the case of my particular cancer, it's now clear to me that the oncologists, the surgeons, the radiologists, the therapists and the nurses do, in fact, know what they are dealing with - and the great joy that I have found is that I can trust them all to do their jobs brilliantly.

There is no need to be "battling bravely" (which is not my style, anyway). It's more a question of trusting the expertise that is available and being immensely thankful for the gem that is the NHS that makes curative cancer treatment not only possible, but accessible to everyone who needs it.

A simple piece of advice to everyone ... don't be scared to accept the invitations that will come your way to take part in screening programmes.

And, if you do ever find yourself in the situation that I'm in, just enjoy the buzz that you will get from realising just how kind and good your friends and family can be.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

But what I'd really like to say is thanks to all of the folk who have contributed to the advances that the medical profession have made in recent years.

When I was first diagnosed early last year, I was, to be frank, scared of what might lie ahead of me. But, in the case of my particular cancer, it's now clear to me that the oncologists, the surgeons, the radiologists, the therapists and the nurses do, in fact, know what they are dealing with - and the great joy that I have found is that I can trust them all to do their jobs brilliantly.

There is no need to be "battling bravely" (which is not my style, anyway). It's more a question of trusting the expertise that is available and being immensely thankful for the gem that is the NHS that makes curative cancer treatment not only possible, but accessible to everyone who needs it.

A simple piece of advice to everyone ... don't be scared to accept the invitations that will come your way to take part in screening programmes.

And, if you do ever find yourself in the situation that I'm in, just enjoy the buzz that you will get from realising just how kind and good your friends and family can be.

I have an 83 year-old aunt who had almost exactly the same operation just over two weeks ago..... although the "bits" removed would obviously be slightly different.

She is doing well, but like you, she and her husband would echo the comments about the quality of the people who have dealt with them, from the surgeon all the way through.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Great news for Ed and Lady B. Glad you feeling so positive. Best wishes to you both and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

good to hear you are on the mend, and some great advice.
the big"C" came and touched our family a little while ago, and the advances they have made with treatment are miraculous.
reading this thread has made me smile a lot
all the best

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great to hear from you ed. This is great news, we were all very concerned for you . Take care mate...rest and recuperation are the orders of the day!

Kind regards
Dave

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
That's brilliant news to hear!!! Get well soon Ed (I'm Mike Langridge by the way, just in case we have never met before!! 😉)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the best to the legend and the legend Roz... :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never met Lord B, but have read many of his NSC posts. I wish him all the best for a full recovery, and then many happy & healthy years ahead. It's even more important than the bickering about transfers, D.Burke and the usual NSC stuff!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wonderful news Ed. Gute besserung, alter Kumpel.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm jolly touched by all your kind messages and the support we've had.

I'm delighted at how chipper His Lordship is. We've just been visited by the District Nurses and on their way out the senior nurse said "Your husband looks amazing! When we read his notes we were expecting to see someone who was very poorly but he doesn't look ill at all!"

I'm almost certain that his current well-being has a lot to do with knowing just how many people are cheering for him. Many thanks to you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here