Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you, if circumstances allowed, Forgive Gus and welcome him back to the Albion?

To Gus or not to Gus?

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. Have some self respect. You wouldn't get back with a bird that cheated on you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Never wanted him to leave and would love to have him back. Not sure we could tempt him to be honest, he's progressed further than we have.

Best manager we've ever had IMO,

Why? He had more money to spend on players than anyone before him and in all honesty, his record is poorer than Barry Lloyd who took us to a play-off final. Mullery was by far our best manager having taken us to the first division.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The answer to this question depends how much self respect you have.

Gus is like an ex-bird who cheated and left you. You always knew deep down that it wouldn't last when she flirted with other blokes when you were out, right in front of you. She'll do it again because you were only ever keeping her warm, she thought she was doing you a favour by going out with you.

It doesn't matter how fit she is or how good her blowjobs were or if she left you for Brad Pitt - a confident man with even the slightest sense of self worth would believe he can do better and tell her to do one if she ever came crawling back.

BHAFC is not Gus' bitch. You don't get to where Tony Bloom is by getting walked over, so I trust it will never happen.

Strange analogy - you may have fallen in love and now feel spurned - I don't.

A far closer analogy is an employee who feels he can progress his career with another firm - sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the parting is acrimonious with the original employer feeling slighted because they'd provided the employee with everything needed to be successful.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If all is made up with the board, then id support the board in him coming back.

However, if it was to happen, it wouldnt for many years - I fully support Sami too.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I voted as if the job was avaliable - in that case then yes definitely.

however I trust in Sami.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted yes, tomorrow, just as an indication that I would not hesitate.

That does not mean, however, that I am on the "Sami out" bandwagon - nowhere near.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Yes, as i'd be able to wear the t-shirt again...

Poyet  T-Shirt.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not Sami out but yes GP can come back tomorrow ....... and I don't need to forgive him as I don't think he really did anything wrong.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not Sami out but yes GP can come back tomorrow ....... and I don't need to forgive him as I don't think he really did anything wrong.

So having private discussions with Reading FC, whilst his own club was in the midst of a play-off campaign and facing its biggest challenge for years was not doing anything wrong. Armed with an offer on the table from Reading, he then went back to the board and used it as leverage to try and get a better deal for himself. He was trying to play one club off against another. Was it any surprise he wasn't focussed at one of the most important times in our history. The man showed his true colours at this time. It was him first and BHA, the club and the fans a distant second.
We were a stepping stone in his managerial career and he was bored with us long before the acrimonious departure. He wanted out and he stage-managed a situation that left the board with no alternative.
In all his time at BHA he got fantastic support fromTB but that wasn't enough and eventually he threw it back in his face. He achieved one promotion and consolidation in the Championship but he chucked away our best chance of promotion in years. It was a good tenure without being outstanding and was tarnished by the last few months. You've probably guessed that I wouldn't have him back. He's ensconced at Sunderland now and probably planning his next step up the managerial ladder.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're rewriting history Mo. He had permission to talk to Reading, & it was in March. He turned them down straightaway, as Tanno said (it's still on Player) 'no, offence but it was only Reading'.

The old 'couldn't win a game from behind' whinge from drew, is also selective memory, as there weren't many games where we went behind first.

It is irrelevant now as Poyet has moved onwards & upwards. He never made a secret of his ambitions, & I would always prefer honesty, rather than a manager who hides his feelings & then just walks out, like Taylor, or Garcia.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The answer to this question depends how much self respect you have.

Gus is like an ex-bird who cheated and left you. You always knew deep down that it wouldn't last when she flirted with other blokes when you were out, right in front of you. She'll do it again because you were only ever keeping her warm, she thought she was doing you a favour by going out with you.

It doesn't matter how fit she is or how good her blowjobs were or if she left you for Brad Pitt - a confident man with even the slightest sense of self worth would believe he can do better and tell her to do one if she ever came crawling back.

BHAFC is not Gus' bitch. You don't get to where Tony Bloom is by getting walked over, so I trust it will never happen.
Good analogy Billy...totally agree.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Would love to go back and see a team defensively well drilled, able to retain possession and not afraid to play in and around their own box to break on teams. Poyet's teams were always very well organised, motivated and I felt all eleven players on the pitch bought into his ethos and keep ball philosophy.

His record in the transfer market was generally good and the first year of the playoffs we played some great stuff and wasn't a million miles away from automatic.

What I didn't like about Gus was our disciplinary record, his stubbornness/refusal to change tactics and general histrionics on the touch line.

But I would still take him back tomorrow. The club had direction with him at the helm and since his departure we have gone backwards.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
So having private discussions with Reading FC, whilst his own club was in the midst of a play-off campaign and facing its biggest challenge for years was not doing anything wrong. Armed with an offer on the table from Reading, he then went back to the board and used it as leverage to try and get a better deal for himself. He was trying to play one club off against another. Was it any surprise he wasn't focussed at one of the most important times in our history. The man showed his true colours at this time. It was him first and BHA, the club and the fans a distant second.
We were a stepping stone in his managerial career and he was bored with us long before the acrimonious departure. He wanted out and he stage-managed a situation that left the board with no alternative.
In all his time at BHA he got fantastic support fromTB but that wasn't enough and eventually he threw it back in his face. He achieved one promotion and consolidation in the Championship but he chucked away our best chance of promotion in years. It was a good tenure without being outstanding and was tarnished by the last few months. You've probably guessed that I wouldn't have him back. He's ensconced at Sunderland now and probably planning his next step up the managerial ladder.

Yup!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You're rewriting history Mo. He had permission to talk to Reading, & it was in March. He turned them down straightaway, as Tanno said (it's still on Player) 'no, offence but it was only Reading'.

The old 'couldn't win a game from behind' whinge from drew, is also selective memory, as there weren't many games where we went behind first.

It is irrelevant now as Poyet has moved onwards & upwards. He never made a secret of his ambitions, & I would always prefer honesty, rather than a manager who hides his feelings & then just walks out, like Taylor, or Garcia.
Not sure he is rewriting history.

The real truth about how the Reading saga played out needs to come out one day.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Strange analogy - you may have fallen in love and now feel spurned - I don't.

A far closer analogy is an employee who feels he can progress his career with another firm - sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the parting is acrimonious with the original employer feeling slighted because they'd provided the employee with everything needed to be successful.

We're showing our demographic Craeky, I'd wager the last time you got ditched by a woman colour TV didn't exist and that's why it doesn't make sense to you! My analogy is spot on, yours is arguably not an analogy - you've just stated what actually happened!

P.S Mo Gosfield has it spot on about 5 posts up ^^ :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here