Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The pre match love-in at football nowadays with shaking hands and hugging and alike. Do all that at the end, just warm-up, come out and get on with it.

The recent fashion of teams coming out of the tunnel wearing tracksuit tops.

Presumably in case the poor little boys get cold in the two minutes it takes to flex one's neck from side to side, jump up & down a couple of times, and shake the hands of eleven opponents and four officials. It's bad enough when commercially driven big clubs (eg Liverpool) do it, worse still when ones with delusions of grandeur like Leeds follow suit, but absolutely takes the piss when the likes of Reading and Bournemouth pick it up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've literally just received an out of office written in Comic Sans. Sweet Jesus.

Edit: If you can't beat em...

What's wrong with Comic sans - I like it.

I don't use it for everything, though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The recent fashion of teams coming out of the tunnel wearing tracksuit tops.

Presumably in case the poor little boys get cold in the two minutes it takes to flex one's neck from side to side, jump up & down a couple of times, and shake the hands of eleven opponents and four officials..

I presume its less to do with the lads getting a bit nippy, and more to do with producing something else to sell replicas of to mug fans.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The texters at the wheel are every bit as bad as drunk drivers in my book, and it needs to become far more socially unnacceptable. I'd ban them from driving for life - seriously. there is literally NO excuse for it. Zero tolerance.

I totally agree. I seem to having an agree with HKFC day.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What's wrong with Comic sans - I like it.

I don't use it for everything, though.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Hello,
I'm currently out of the office on a golfing trip with my very professional, grown-up, rich friends.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

------------------------------

Hello,
I'm currently out of the office doing playtime with my people wot is in my skool.

Derrr,
Tom

------------------------------

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Almost certainly the same people who publish almost daily photographs of said offspring on Facebook, doing such hilarious, rare, and unspeakably cute activities as walking, going down a slide, or wearing a hat. I pity the Harrys of this world, whose entire lives have been meticulously documented, hour by hour, since birth, and who will die of embarrassment as a result once they reach their teens.
This

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
People who have to say 'Like' every 2 or 3 sentences, I was like and he was like so I was like.

People who have waited 10 mins for a bus and then only look for their ticket once they are on the bus.

People who have been shopping and only once they realise they have to pay decide to look for their purse/wallet

TV programmes that give too much away in the "coming up after the break/next week" or the adverts.

Adverts that give away the cliffhanger on last weeks show before you can watch this weeks on catch up, Oh so they didn't die at the end of last weeks episode then as there they are running about in the advert!!!

Cold callers, despite being on the TPS.

People who seem unable to drive a consistent 40mph in Handcross Hill roadworks, either 35 or 42 mph.

People who still haven't fathomed that the camera at the end of the roadworks is not a speed camera, therefore slamming on your brakes because you are doing 42mph isn't an issue.

Handcross Hill roadworks.

American TV series that get cancelled just when they were getting good.

People that move into an area and then complain about stuff that has been like that long before they arrived e.g. pubs with live music etc..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's not really about you forgetting though is it? It's about cheap/easy programming - the more you can repeat things in the form of recaps and glimpses of what's coming up later on the show the less you need to film. Come Dine With Me are the masters of this technique.

This ! In fact it's even worse on shows such as Titchmarsh and O'Grady I think you could call it a pre-cap as such, large chunks of the show are spent whipping up the rabid audience further in to a frenzy by telling us which non-celebrity is coming up later.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Parents of small children that allow them to run riot in public places, and then justify this as 'letting them express themselves.'

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
It's not really about you forgetting though is it? It's about cheap/easy programming - the more you can repeat things in the form of recaps and glimpses of what's coming up later on the show the less you need to film. Come Dine With Me are the masters of this technique.

Yeah, very true!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here