Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What should you do if someone has invaded on your privacy online?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
NSC. *collapses in giggles*

Seriously, I've just restarted The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell (novelist). Set just off Nagasaki in a Dutch trading zone at the time the Japanese wanted to trade with the West but not actually have Westerners land on their islands. I started it on holiday and left it at my mum's place overseas but I got it again on Amazon as I enjoyed the first bit so much. Short chapters, witty dialogue, historical and a bit grim which ticks all my boxes.

Interesting - I'll have a look. Ta. I'm half way through The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Narrated by Death, it's the story of a little girl, living with her foster parents in 1939 Germany as her biological parents have been sent to concentration camps, who steals books. Beautifully written and pretty dark.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Interesting - I'll have a look. Ta. I'm half way through The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Narrated by Death, it's the story of a little girl, living with her foster parents in 1939 Germany as her biological parents have been sent to concentration camps, who steals books. Beautifully written and pretty dark.

Heard of it but not read it. That would probably tick my boxes too. I'll put it on the list :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thank you very much, but I cannot take the credit, sadly. I have been waiting for the perfect one to appear and it did so earlier today on facebook, so I shamelessly stole it.
Good work!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
a4v7du.jpg

'The Truth' and 'hybrid x'

One of them is a woman pretending to be a man...

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What a great read to come home from work to. I was so engrossed I haven't even opened my beer yet.

Thanks to all involved.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Truth has a serious problem here? I don't find it funny. I imagine a young guy with a REAL problem behind that keyboard.

He seems absolutely desperate for attention. Posting a thread like this, banging on about some bird called Rosa and suggestion we've got an obsession with her? Never ever leaving a thread without having the last (usually provocative) word. It all smacks of somebody who just wants people to notice him.

From what I've read, I don't believe there's a girl called Rosa, I don't believe he djs in Ibiza, I don't believe a ****ing word he says. It's sad. Very sad.

If you read this Mr. Truth, my advice would be to stop reading your silly websites (they ARE silly), stop posting on North Stand Chat for a while and if you're anything like your posts on NSC in real life, you should seriously consider going to talk to somebody about your issues. I'm not one for piss taking. But you've got to understand when your actions start to have an effect on other people the way they have done in this thread, you need to look at your actions rather than criticising others. Your paranoia has actually ****ed up someones day. This is your problem, no one elses. Sort yourself out mate.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Truth has a serious problem here? I don't find it funny. I imagine a young guy with a REAL problem behind that keyboard.

He seems absolutely desperate for attention. Posting a thread like this, banging on about some bird called Rosa and suggestion we've got an obsession with her? Never ever leaving a thread without having the last (usually provocative) word. It all smacks of somebody who just wants people to notice him.

From what I've read, I don't believe there's a girl called Rosa, I don't believe he djs in Ibiza, I don't believe a ****ing word he says. It's sad. Very sad.

If you read this Mr. Truth, my advice would be to stop reading your silly websites (they ARE silly), stop posting on North Stand Chat for a while and if you're anything like your posts on NSC in real life, you should seriously consider going to talk to somebody about your issues. I'm not one for piss taking. But you've got to understand when your actions start to have an effect on other people the way they have done in this thread, you need to look at your actions rather than criticising others. Your paranoia has actually ****ed up someones day. This is your problem, no one elses. Sort yourself out mate.
No, it isn't just you. I have read the whole thread and there is nothing funny about it. This guy has problems differentiating between reality and fantasy and needs to seek help. It's not the responsibility of any of the posters involved to provide that help, but continually sniping back at him was a poor show from some in my opinion. Mental health problems aren't funny, and The Truth fairly obviously needs to either talk to someone, or try and live in the real world.

Far easier said than done when your fantasy makes you much happier than your reality does.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If Rosa's identity, employer and other personal information,

Isn't moved from this thread. Further action will be taken.

This thread is a sad case for cyber bullying. Anyone who thinks it's Gold should be ashamed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

This thread is a sad case for cyber bullying. Anyone who thinks it's Gold should be ashamed.

I assume you'll go through this and other threads and remove your accusations of sexual offences as well then ?

I'm sorry, but clearly you don't understand that the information about Rosa was published by you, you've made a bit of a prat of yourself and that your best course of action would be to keep a low profile for a while.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Mate, leave the thread. If Rosa wants her personal information removed from this thread, she's perfectly entitled to request as much. You can't carry on chucking threats around. Posters on here don't need to be nice or compliant with you. You need to understand that.

If it's a case for cyber bullying, the best thing is to take a holiday from NSC. Come back and enjoy the forum how it should be, don't make it all about you. This thread is a massive cry for attention when you read it back, you can't be surprised how it's gone.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I assume you'll go through this and other threads and remove your accusations of sexual offences as well then ?

I'm sorry, but clearly you don't understand that the information about Rosa was published by you, you've made a bit of a prat of yourself and that your best course of action would be to keep a low profile for a while.

I won't be taking any action.

Rosa will be. It's her profession and well being which is in jeopardy. No one else.

After what happened to 'Jamie'. She has a right to be concerned at work.

The information about Rosa was posted by a mod who received this info by private message. Not fair at all on her.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Rosa will be. It's her profession and well being which is in jeopardy. No one else.

Jamie was a racist bigot who was offered a way to apologise and refused. Rosa has done nothing wrong and isn't about to be 'Jamied'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No, it isn't just you. I have read the whole thread and there is nothing funny about it. This guy has problems differentiating between reality and fantasy and needs to seek help. It's not the responsibility of any of the posters involved to provide that help, but continually sniping back at him was a poor show from some in my opinion. Mental health problems aren't funny, and The Truth fairly obviously needs to either talk to someone, or try and live in the real world.
It's possible, but we don't know. We have plenty of people behaving strangely on NSC who don't have serious mental health issues, we can't just act like the Samaritans. The Truth is not the only one who believes all the conspiracy theories and he got paranoid, but when he realised he had used his mum's email to register here, he accepted it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The information about Rosa was posted by a mod who received this info by private message. Not fair at all on her.

Either the shortest 'holiday' in NSC history or re-registered already. Either way a glutton for punishment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Hmmm, I wonder who originally gave Rosa's details out over the internet..................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here