Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your LEAST favourite band of the 80's

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
get back into your frilly shirt and guy liner :whistle:
regards
DR

Ah Das, good of you to show. We've done this on the BBS a couple of times over the last decade so no harm in doing it here as well. To paraphrase 80s band NKOTB:

You got the reich stuff, baby
Love the way you turn me on
You got the reich stuff, baby
You're the reason why I sing this song
All that I needed was you
Oh girl, you're so reich
Said all that I wanted was you
You made all my dreams come true

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It was definitely a gash-tastic musical decade in many respects - Brother Beyond, Johnny Hates Jazz, Kajagoogoo (later Kaja), Hall and Oates, Swing Out Sister, Haircut 100, Bruce Willis etc. but cream of the crop for me is Miami F***ing Sound Machine. AAARRRGGGHHHH! Miami Fricking Sound Machine! AAARRRGGGHHHH! AAARRRGGGHHHH! Miami Bloody Sound Machine! AAAARRRGGHHH!....

I quite liked Haircut 100.
The Wombles must be up there somewhere.
Interesting that nobody has mentioned any of the bands from the emerging British jazz funk era (level 42 does not count) I am talking about bands like Light of the world or Lynx who I liked but were they universally popular?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought the 80's were a good time for music. Lot's of people would listen to radio 1 on Sunday evening to hear the new top 40. Live aid was a huge event. Havent had a clue who has been number 1 this week, and i would say the same for ages.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The Associates, Simply Red, Human League, Go West......the list is endless, but the biggest pile of shite from the 80's has got to be Dr and the Medics

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the 80's were a good time for music. Lot's of people would listen to radio 1 on Sunday evening to hear the new top 40. Live aid was a huge event. Havent had a clue who has been number 1 this week, and i would say the same for ages.

Exactly.......

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Associates, Simply Red, Human League, Go West......the list is endless, but the biggest pile of shite from the 80's has got to be Dr and the Medics

I saw Dr & The Medics at Coasters. They were a great live band. Don't judge them by one novelty cover version.

I can't look further than Duran Duran as my least favourite band. They were a crap boy band who had such arrogance that they thought they should be taken seriously as rock artists. In reality, even the genius Nile Rogers couldn't make them sound any good.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I saw Dr & The Medics at Coasters. They were a great live band. Don't judge them by one novelty cover version.

I can't look further than Duran Duran as my least favourite band. They were a crap boy band who had such arrogance that they thought they should be taken seriously as rock artists. In reality, even the genius Nile Rogers couldn't make them sound any good.

I saw them at the Frog and Bucket , Ide Hill and they were awful.Worse than Sigue Sigue Sputnik who Ialso saw at a tiny venue, though I cant remember where.( Rusthall Village hall rings a bell ?)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Got to be Cliff Richard for me during his "wired for sound" period utter crap fron a utter wanker.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
So many to choose from, so little time. The 80s were completely divisive for me. On the one hand you had the six bands I named on the other thread and, honestly, I'd barely started with favourite 80s bands. Then there was some hideous, hideous cheese, some awful Thatcherite posing and that greatest of oxymorons "Soft Rock".

If I was going to have to pick one it would have to be Culture Club, whiny overproduced pop crap that was on the radio every two minutes until you'd wake up singing it and end up with the urge to purge your brain with a large hockey stick. However this is only because Phil Collins isn't a band and Chicago aren't English.

The 80s - the tasteful decade that taste forgot.

I thought there were some good bands from the 80's Eurythmics , Level 42,Tears for Fears,Depeche Mode and I am sure there were more, but not fair to write off a whole decade. However, agreed there was some rubbish but you cannot seriously blame Maggie for that too

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The Clash, started in seventies but became big in 80's and The Smiths, and any of the morphed heavy rock bands like Iron Maiden and the USA ilk such as Aerosmith. 80's Rolling Stones get an honourable mention.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Joe Dolce,Go West and I couldn't stand Duran f***ing Duran. Simon le bons voice was like air raid siren.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A Flock of Seagulls. Bloody awful. I did like King though. 2MB was a classic song off a great pop album that has been vastly under rated

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410212795.328471.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410212795.328471.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 148

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I recall Richard Jobson BOUNDING onto the stage at the Top Rank with The Skids in 1980 in flared PANTALOONS, which were covered in gob by the first four rows of the audience in seconds.

Stuart Adamson was a good guitar player though, tragedy that he hung himself.

My first ever gig....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here