Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the JOCKS will vote YES ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No I understand completely why the jocks get he hump sometimes, for balance. For example Last bank holiday the BBC announced it was a uk bank holiday on national news, when it wasn't in Scotland. Might sound trivial and semantic, but as an Englishman living in Scotland I cringed and thought bloody hell we don't help ourselves sometimes. This was picked up massively in Scotland. This is our state broadcaster getting it wrong. I am a unionist but ffs do yourselves a favour.
So mistakes are made sometimes, and they get the hump. Scotland gets more air time than other UK areas with a similar population, they just get told they're being hard done by.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The ONE show was reporting from a square (don't know which one) in Glasgow tonight. There were a lot of NO voters waving Union Jack flags and a fair few YES voters. The reporter reported the situation as "Tense". Wouldn't be surprised if it kicked off.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The ONE show was reporting from a square (don't know which one) in Glasgow tonight. There were a lot of NO voters waving Union Jack flags and a fair few YES voters. The reporter reported the situation as "Tense". Wouldn't be surprised if it kicked off.

That's Glasgow on a Friday night. Don't worry about it.

Last weekend in Buchanan street all the yes agitators were middle class English swp. Total spazmos.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No I understand completely why the jocks get he hump sometimes, for balance. For example Last bank holiday the BBC announced it was a uk bank holiday on national news, when it wasn't in Scotland. Might sound trivial and semantic, but as an Englishman living in Scotland I cringed and thought bloody hell we don't help ourselves sometimes. This was picked up massively in Scotland. This is our state broadcaster getting it wrong. I am a unionist but ffs do yourselves a favour.

it *is* trivial, and really just demonstrates some north of the border have a large fried tatty on their shoulder. we've had to watch the highlights and scores from their so called premier league in place of our second tier, and have Auld Lang Syne rammed down our throats every year. getting upset because 90% of the country have a bank holiday on a different day, especially when you get one more, is rank pettiness.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
it *is* trivial, and really just demonstrates some north of the border have a large fried tatty on their shoulder. we've had to watch the highlights and scores from their so called premier league in place of our second tier, and have Auld Lang Syne rammed down our throats every year. getting upset because 90% of the country have a bank holiday on a different day, especially when you get one more, is rank pettiness.

starting to reveal true colours….

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
starting to reveal true colours….

English first, British second, anything wrong with that? Welsh and Scots heritage in my family, i see many sides of this.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Every single BBC weather forecast gives Scotland more than the 5% coverage it's population deserves. Do you cringe at that?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Every single BBC weather forecast gives Scotland more than the 5% coverage it's population deserves. Do you cringe at that?

The weather forecast should be based on population density ? That's an interesting one, but you may have a point.

I've become increasingly bored on what's happening weather wise in the Atlantic even if it heading towards us.

Those bloody fish live under the sea, why would they care ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Glaswegians being friendly on a Friday night out , nothing to worry about.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I know Scotland have trouble beating other countries, but this time they lost to themselves.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Theres been a small bit of trouble tonight, though on Twitter, the "yes" voters are making it out to be a full scale riot, when it doesnt look much worse than what you get with violent football fans. Also rumours on Twitter that our friends the EDL have travelled up North to join in, as well as Rangers fans.

This does look pre-planned too, with all the hallmarks of the EDL/football violence. It would have kicked off whatever the result was tonight I reckon.

One things for sure, the "Yes" voters are the most pathetic of the 2 sets of voters. Claiming that all the media is biased and against them as they arent showing live coverage....yet that is because there isnt anything to show.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I just saw a video of a sky news segment where there's a massive pile of no votes. Trouble is there's plainly visible Yes votes among the no votes.

I'm not one who is into conspiracy theories at all but it does make one wonder if it was all done legitimately or at the least professionally.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I just saw a video of a sky news segment where there's a massive pile of no votes. Trouble is there's plainly visible Yes votes among the no votes.

I'm not one who is into conspiracy theories at all but it does make one wonder if it was all done legitimately or at the least professionally.

Whatever else we might think I have no doubt that the count was scrupulously honest. Besides. I a country of 5 million there was a half million more "nae" than "aye". That would be fraud on an epic scale.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Scotland is over 8 percent of the uk population not 5 per cent. For land area even higher. Kind of proves my point eh.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

Those were unsorted votes, that just happened to be stored on a table with a 'No' sign on it.

The official Dundee Yes campaign confirmed that on Twitter shortly after that footage was broadcast on Thursday night.

People will still be sharing the footage and ridiculous conspiracy theories about it fifty years from now, though.

People are like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here