Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds at 40 have fun on their message board

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I used to be absolutely addicted to McDonalds. I ate there 4 or times per week.

In 2011 my Mrs bet me that I couldn't go a year without having food from there (I won't disclose the terms of the prize for winning or losing the bet!)

For a couple of months it was ridiculously tough, I almost felt like a drug addict having cold turkey.

But by the end of the 12 months it was no bother at all.

And I managed it. Decided to have a quater pounder with cheese sometime in January 2012 and walked in.

The smell, which previously I loved so much, was absolutely disgusting. I felt physically sick.

And walked straight out.

I occasionally still have a burger and chips (maybe once every 3 months) when I'm driving and that is the food offering from the service station I stop for a break or am with a group of mates who demand that's where we are going to eat.

Happy to say I am no longer addicted though.

You're mistaking 'cool' with 'sensible'.

If you don't know why people don't like them, you haven't been asking the right questions, nor bothered to find out for yourself.

In which case, what's your point?

Well, take a look at the post I quoted Al, which is rather a generalisation wouldn't you think?

But I suspect you're just after an argument and I can't be arsed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Because millions of people enjoy the food.
It's used as a quick and easy option for a lot of families, a treat for kids at weekends, the quickest way to get a hot drink for people on the way to meetings.

McDonalds gets a lot of stick from the public which I think mostly is underserved. The food is a lot healthier than that found on burger vans, kebab shops etc and the amount of options they now provide gives you a decent choice if you want healthy. They are so heavily scrutinised and audited it really has to be.
A McDonald's kitchen is also usually one of the most hygienic places you will find that prepares food. Training is thorough and all staff have health and safety rules drummed into them from day one. They employ nearly 100,000 staff, mostly young people while they are in education and also provide genuine routes of progression through to management for all staff.

I worked at a franchised store for 2 and half years while I studied, and although it was never a permanent career choice for me, it is definitely a job that I would recommend to others looking for work. That and even after getting a free meal every day for those 2 and half years I actually lost weight, felt healthier and didn't die a painful obese death like people would expect....I still love the food too! :p

I can't agree with this. It is the typical of a francise operation, employ young people on or about the minimum wage and work them hard but offer the carrot of Career Progression. Why are they able to offer this progression to store management ? almost certainly due to burnout by the demands of the target led business to achieve year on year growth. Managers basically are run in to the ground and they are either forced out or leave due to stress.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Plenty of bland statements from the food snobs on here, but none of them have given a single reason why we should not eat there.
Please educate us.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Plenty of bland statements from the food snobs on here, but none of them have given a single reason why we should not eat there.
Please educate us.

Eating there every now and again is fine I think, wouldn't want it every day though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Nothing wrong with a Maccy Ds matey !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People put far worse stuff in their bodies every day.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, you don't like it. Hardly a reason for everybody to stop eating there.

Tried the " Fillet 'o' Fish once, that was awful too. In the last 10 years I think I have bought one coffee in there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good current up to date knowledge

I was in a McDonalds last night actually, my friend who is diabetic had to eat something or he would have gone hypo. I watched him eat something. The menu certainly did not encourage me to eat with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here