Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He's gone we only started with him to get a higher fee as if he is a first choice started. Baldock is fit and better so there is no other reason?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can any of those who think Baldock is better than CMS please explain why they think that?

Obviously I've seen much more of CMS than I have of Baldock, but I get a feeling they're of similar quality - i.e. both able to bang goals in at League One level, but very mediocre in the Championship.

I reckon we're still a decent 20 goals a season striker short of a quality squad.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If Baldock was a really good bet to fire a team to the Championship play-offs we would likely be paying a lot more for him that we have. Hopefully though he will be good enough to get a starting position from time to time and poach a few goals.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There has to be a reason why the club spent the money on Baldock who is similar to CMS in his play, logically it is because we are selling CMS.

I agree. Trouble is I don't see Baldock getting us any more goals than CMS in this division.

How many sniffs of goal did Vetokele get yesterday? Two I think?, and how many did he score? That man will score 20+ goals for Charlton this season I'm sure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If Baldock was a really good bet to fire a team to the Championship play-offs we would likely be paying a lot more for him that we have. Hopefully though he will be good enough to get a starting position from time to time and poach a few goals.

Again, agreed.

I'd still like to see an icing on the cake striker signing on the last day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[al=1066familyman;6547802]Again, agreed.

I'd still like to see an icing on the cake striker signing on the last day.[/QUOTE]

That massive signing Warren Aspinall mentioned?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[al=1066familyman;6547802]Again, agreed.

I'd still like to see an icing on the cake striker signing on the last day.

That massive signing Warren Aspinall mentioned?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I was at the game so didn't hear what Aspinall said. I don't even know what striker I want in, but I do think we're still a proven quality striker short.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Can any of those who think Baldock is better than CMS please explain why they think that?

Obviously I've seen much more of CMS than I have of Baldock, but I get a feeling they're of similar quality - i.e. both able to bang goals in at League One level, but very mediocre in the Championship.

I reckon we're still a decent 20 goals a season striker short of a quality squad.

For someone who has seen very little of baldock, you seem very sure he's only going to be mediocre............

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For someone who has seen very little of baldock, you seem very sure he's only going to be mediocre............

I never said I was "sure". I said I "get a feeling".

The price we paid, and the stats, suggest he's unlikely to bag the amount of goals Murray and Ulloa did.

I'd absolutely love to be surprised though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here