Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Peterborough?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If it means replacing him, then I'm more than happy to see CMS go back to Peterborough. I'm sure there is better talent out there for us to grab.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Loan move?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Really hope not. Against Bolton he was back to his best. Thriving on the balls over the top. Would miss his energy and he can score goals that no one else can. Like against Burnley for example

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Thought this as soon as Baldock came in. CMS back to his level and another bigger unit striker in.

We haven't used CMS at all correctly, granted but aside from 2 purple patches he's been pretty terrible for us. If his redeeming feature is his engine, I'm sure we could have got a far cheaper and cleverer one.

His first touch and finishing just aren't top end Championship quality.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't think Sami is a great fan of CMS, therefore I believe he will be mainly a reserve striker (bench mostly) if he stays.
I think the three main strikers will all play assuming fit, COG is the odd one out and must be regretting his move. Sami will play 2 and bench 1.... then bring him on as fresh legs late on..... CMS will score plenty this year.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought this as soon as Baldock came in. CMS back to his level and another bigger unit striker in.

We haven't used CMS at all correctly, granted but aside from 2 purple patches he's been pretty terrible for us. If his redeeming feature is his engine, I'm sure we could have got a far cheaper and cleverer one.

His first touch and finishing just aren't top end Championship quality.

Think that's harsh on CMS. We've never really played to his strengths and he missed over a year with the injury. Think we could be about to really play to his strengths and with him, Baldock and Colunga (although I think he'll play wider) and then O'Grady to come on as plan B, we're looking as strong as I can remember up front (even without Ulloa).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Turns out Peterborough journo tweeted Baldocks arrival was good for posh, some took it as possibly CMS going there, what he meant was rival losing best player and captain

[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: @MrSamWilson Correct, having just spoken to him. Nothing to do with coincidental, and to my knowledge unfounded, speculation re: CMS.

You're wasting your time pointing this out, as posters want to have something to get upset about. Facts don't come into it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some right pussies on this thread. A move for CMS in this window, would likely depend on us signing someone better. We have 3 titches plus COG. This might work in a run around like crazy sort of way, but it might not. Someone quick and tall would make more sense at this stage and selling CMS might be enough to get one more deal across the line.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Think that's harsh on CMS. We've never really played to his strengths and he missed over a year with the injury. Think we could be about to really play to his strengths and with him, Baldock and Colunga (although I think he'll play wider) and then O'Grady to come on as plan B, we're looking as strong as I can remember up front (even without Ulloa).

I think we could have done and could do a lot better with the money.

He's impossible to dislike, I just don't think he's quite good enough. I certainly won't object to him staying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here