Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Peterborough?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He could of had a hatrick saturday.

If he wasn't such a poor finisher. His limitations are the same regardless of the system we play, his finishing and control just aren't up to being a top end Championship striker.

I love his effort and I like him as a character but I'm sure we could do better.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's been a very long time since we've genuinely had competition for places up front with more than 2 strikers who look like they’ll score goals, let alone 3 or 4. I’d be very loathe to see him go unless there’s already a plan to bring in another striker or we get a silly offer. Both seem unlikely.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would you spend a whole season getting fit, then come in and score for the Albion, then sign for a League 1 club who you'd left 3 years ago? Surely now he's fit he has to believe his goals will power us to the Prem? This should be his time.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Why would you spend a whole season getting fit, then come in and score for the Albion, then sign for a League 1 club who you'd left 3 years ago? Surely now he's fit he has to believe his goals will power us to the Prem? This should be his time.

Exactly! Never stops running, a pain in the RRR's to defend against, especially now he has adequate and various cover alongside. :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The ball is being played from back to front loads faster than any of the last three seasons.... That together with the ability of our 'new' midfield ...will see CMS have the chance to prove his doubters wrong IMHO

The only way I can see him moving back to Peterbro is if he needs Barry Fry to babysit

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Offer him an extension of one year now so he can have one guaranteed whole season in the Premiership with the Albion

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Not this old "we haven't played to his strengths" chesnut again................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We haven't though have we until now. Can see him getting 15+ goals this season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Doing the rounds on twitter.

Someone mentions it on here, gets picked up and put on twitter, several days later people post on here about twitter chat saying the same as the original post on NSC. A new set of twitter chat appears (repeating original post message from NSC) because it was mentioned again on NSC and then this in turn leads to a new NSC thread about it which again leads to new twitter chat about the move again, leading to a new NSC thread on the subject and so on.

Just suspect this is a case of made up old gossip endlessly being rehashed as its heard by people on the various media platforms

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
so your saying a 2.5M striker can only play 1 way, in 1 formation/1 system and cannot adapt to any other?

A £25m striker (or even a £50m striker would struggle if they had no service or support and left to be out-numbered by defenders with little to work with from the rest of the team (which is pretty much what CMS had when he first moved here) - he missed almost all of last season with an injury, but got 11 in 29 the season before prior to his injury and that was with the unsupportive, negative tactics of Poyet so give him some help, quicker attacking emphasis and a half decent supply and the goals will flow

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Let's be honest, he is the only one of of our strikers proven in the Championship. Even if he did start, just imagine how the opposition would feel with 25 minutes to go if CMS and KLL came on? They would be tired and then go and do that! Hypia has already proved that he can substitute wisely, a skill never possessed by Poyet at Brighton. To keep competitive over 46 games plus cups, we need four strikers as a very minimum.

I wondered before Tuesdays wonder goal whether there is any merit at trying Rohan Ince as a striker? I think that more now with his power, pace, heading and shooting ability. It is about a squad and we now have six players who could score between 12 and 20 goals and that my friends would equal play-offs minimum. I am excited!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bristol City are seen as promotion rivals to Peterborough, but there is no imminent fixture and Agard and Emmanuel-Thomas will probably will probably be a handful enough.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Interesting that Burke was quoted as saying it's nice to have the majority of business done before the end of the window?

Does that mean there is more to come in or go out?

If the club did suddenly bring in a big target man out of nowhere then it might suggest CMS would be a possible departure?

I still think though having spent the last year supporting him in getting fit it would seem pretty strange to now move him on, especially as he has started in a very promising fashion.

Suspect there is not much in this story, although I do find Burke's quote intriguing - the implication being that maybe not all transfer business is yet done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here