Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
These thoughts from a City fan,

SC alluded to the thought that another club that isn't Brighton is preparing an offer!

My instinct is that that Blackburn could be the club simply because the pieces fit!
I don't see that Blackburn would cock around knowing Brighton are sniffing, but if I were Sam you got to be thinking Blackburn are a good club and Brighton seem to want to shop at bargain basement prices.
3m or figure rising to that would get the man I'm sure! (Not forgetting 25% sell on)

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
These thoughts from a City fan,

SC alluded to the thought that another club that isn't Brighton is preparing an offer!

My instinct is that that Blackburn could be the club simply because the pieces fit!
I don't see that Blackburn would cock around knowing Brighton are sniffing, but if I were Sam you got to be thinking Blackburn are a good club and Brighton seem to want to shop at bargain basement prices.
3m or figure rising to that would get the man I'm sure! (Not forgetting 25% sell on)

Blackburn have no money they are heavily in debt and needing to comply with ffp

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
What Cotterill said, and what he meant

"We haven't bought Kieran Agard because we want to sell Sam Baldock or we've got any idea that we're going to sell Sam Baldock. Because, for the simple reason, anybody that's come in and offered money for Sam Baldock is nowhere near [our valuation]. We bought Kieran Agard because Sam Baldock will be sold in this transfer window

"I've got a sneaky feeling that there might be a twist in this tale, because whilst all the offers have come from Brighton - and somehow they get to be made public which is disappointing. We like to try and keep out business in house and keep everything private. But I still think there might be somebody else who might be a little bit more interested in Sam Baldock."
i'm desperately hoping another club come in for Sam Baldock to drive the price up. We have 'arranged' for Brighton's offers to be leaked in the hope that other clubs will join the bidding. So far this hasn't happened, but here's hoping!

The City boss did little to ease fears of the Ashton Gate faithful when he continued: "There is a business side to all of this - we know that and we understand that. As it stands at this moment in time it would be fantastic if the window shuts and we had Sam Baldock and Kieran Agard in our squad. Can I promise that? No I can't promise that. Sam is as good as gone

"All I can promise is if Sam ends up going anywhere, and we don't want that to happen by the way, he goes somewhere where there's a fee that measures up to his ability." Sam is as good as gone

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What Cotterill said, and what he meant

"We haven't bought Kieran Agard because we want to sell Sam Baldock or we've got any idea that we're going to sell Sam Baldock. Because, for the simple reason, anybody that's come in and offered money for Sam Baldock is nowhere near [our valuation]. We bought Kieran Agard because Sam Baldock will be sold in this transfer window

"I've got a sneaky feeling that there might be a twist in this tale, because whilst all the offers have come from Brighton - and somehow they get to be made public which is disappointing. We like to try and keep out business in house and keep everything private. But I still think there might be somebody else who might be a little bit more interested in Sam Baldock."
i'm desperately hoping another club come in for Sam Baldock to drive the price up. We have 'arranged' for Brighton's offers to be leaked in the hope that other clubs will join the bidding. So far this hasn't happened, but here's hoping!

The City boss did little to ease fears of the Ashton Gate faithful when he continued: "There is a business side to all of this - we know that and we understand that. As it stands at this moment in time it would be fantastic if the window shuts and we had Sam Baldock and Kieran Agard in our squad. Can I promise that? No I can't promise that. Sam is as good as gone

"All I can promise is if Sam ends up going anywhere, and we don't want that to happen by the way, he goes somewhere where there's a fee that measures up to his ability." Sam is as good as gone

Very much like as that just about sums it up. :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And also about to sell Jordan Rhodes to Hull for £10M.... So would make perfect sense.

They apparently have turned down that and want 15m (newspaper talk?) ..also apparently Huddersfield get a fair whack of any sale...plus there was a bit quoted direct from the club saying not much of the rest can go on transfers...maybe enough to secure Baldock? ..i think 4 mill will be out of there reach too. (i don't think we would pay that much)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
They apparently have turned down that and want 15m (newspaper talk?) ..also apparently Huddersfield get a fair whack of any sale...plus there was a bit quoted direct from the club saying not much of the rest can go on transfers...maybe enough to secure Baldock? ..i think 4 mill will be out of there reach too. (i don't think we would pay that much)

You can see why clubs are so keen to go abroad for players.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do they really think he'll be firing them to promotion? I wouldn't have thought so.

Yes. They're very confident this season. They have Baldock, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Luke Freeman and now Agard. They finished last season quite strongly after an abysmal first half and are absolutely full of ideas of promotion.

I'm not sure it's entirely justified, personally, but you never know.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If I was Bristol City I would hold on to him and convince that promotion with them would be better than moving to a new place and hoping that it works out. I don't hold out a lot of hope for securing Baldock.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yes. They're very confident this season. They have Baldock, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Luke Freeman and now Agard. They finished last season quite strongly after an abysmal first half and are absolutely full of ideas of promotion.

I'm not sure it's entirely justified, personally, but you never know.

You forgot the goal machine Aaron Willbraham, a striker we recommended to you last season.
Your loss Edna.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You forgot the goal machine Aaron Willbraham, a striker we recommended to you last season.
Your loss Edna.

Yes, a massive loss to us :lolol:

The League One goal machine Aaron Wilbraham. The absolute limit of his ability.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would have been a better option than COG, and cheaper.

Cheaper yes.

He is total shit and you know it though. He's a striker who doesn't score goals. What's the point in that?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Cheaper yes.

He is total shit and you know it though. He's a striker who doesn't score goals. What's the point in that?

You're feisty tonight Edna, worried about facing Dishy Douglas tomorrow ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're feisty tonight Edna, worried about facing Dishy Douglas tomorrow ???

Freedman's presence makes no difference to me to be honest :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here