Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Pulis never comes across well, but Parrish shouldn't have stuck his nose into transfers, other than sanctioning the financial side. The Board have put their faith in Pulis as club manager and coach, with only his head on the block for results and so the choosing of players transferring inwards for footballing reasons has got nowt do with a busybody Chairman.

Have seen this a few times before - the money Chelski blew on flops Shevchenko and Torres, because Abramovich overrode everyone else in the club, being his choices. Often ends in tears.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Play hideous football and achieve mediocre success or stick to your principles.

Stick to your principles, get some balls and do things the right way and don't just take the quick fix.

If you stick to your principles and keep failing..................you probably need some new principles.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He has a record of going in to clubs that are struggling and working wonders with what he has at his disposal (it's when he decides to spend money and kicks off that he comes unstuck) so an England set up where you have to work with what you're given should suit him perfectly.
Would love to be proved right or wrong.

Look at the managers England have recruited over the last decade. Look at the honours they had won. Some of the very best managers in modern times. They couldn't do it, so I'm pretty sure Tony Pullis couldn't. Anyone who thinks that the problem with the English national team is the manager is completely deluded.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Pulis never comes across well, but Parrish shouldn't have stuck his nose into transfers, other than sanctioning the financial side. The Board have put their faith in Pulis as club manager and coach, with only his head on the block for results and so the choosing of players transferring inwards for footballing reasons has got nowt do with a busybody Chairman.

Have seen this a few times before - the money Chelski blew on flops Shevchenko and Torres, because Abramovich overrode everyone else in the club, being his choices. Often ends in tears.

I'm not sure theres any proof that Parish has stuck his nose into transfers. In fact on Sky Sports just the other day he said 'Manager has final say on all players'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pulis is a class act. Pure and simple and the sad thing is he we probably wouldn't even be on his short list of 10

He out spent Wenger and most of the Premier League and finished in the top 10 once. Mark Hughes came in and did it in his first season. Pulis barely bought through a player who went onto better things. His coaching and bringing through youth is appalling. He'd be the last thing we want in charge of a first rate academy.

Stoke had to get rid of him because he nearly bankrupted them, and no doubt is now trying to do the same at Palace.

But people like yourself thing he's a class act and that's your opinion, but many many managers have done a lot more with a lot less than Pulis had at his disposal.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I'm not sure theres any proof that Parish has stuck his nose into transfers. In fact on Sky Sports just the other day he said 'Manager has final say on all players'

So why is it widely reported that Parrish is lining up Zaha when Pulis doesn't?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Look at the managers England have recruited over the last decade. Look at the honours they had won. Some of the very best managers in modern times. They couldn't do it, so I'm pretty sure Tony Pullis couldn't. Anyone who thinks that the problem with the English national team is the manager is completely deluded.

Excellent reply. And pointless. 'Look at the managers' let's take our current one shall we.
The England team problems are far deeper than just the manager and I don't dispute that but Pulis has a success record of remarkable results with minimum resource.

He's at least worth a shot! And wouldn't cost anywhere near the Capellos, Svens of this world

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Form what I've read/heard its a power struggle over Zahahaha. Pulis doesn't want him back and Parish does. Pulis wants the money spent elsewhere. Either way I'm quite looking forward to watching the wheels fall off this 'Established Premier League Club'

See you soon!

Didn't Zaha go to forest on loan?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
So why is it widely reported that Parrish is lining up Zaha when Pulis doesn't?

Is it? Earlier today Daily Mail, Standard, Telegraph and Croydon Advertiser were all reporting different things. Daily Mail were saying 'Pulis wants more cash', Standard were saying 'Parish refuses to deny Pulis is leaving', Advertiser were saying 'Parish wants Zaha and Pulis doesn't' and finally Telegraph were saying 'Pulis angry over missed targets'. Now its possible that each is a contributing factor but the fact that other media outlets are reporting their favourite article as fact is hardly surprising. As it is no one really knows anything right now so all I can go on is past form which shows that every transfer window Pulis demands more transfer funds and owners pay them. Nothing else to say really.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 Promotions and a Fa Cup runners up...Tell me who has he managed, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or City???...No Stoke, Palace, Gillingham, Portsmouth, Bournemouth....Call me old fashioned, but you wouldn't know a good manager if he was stood in front of you. Which you clearly don't.

Why do you think none of those clubs have given him a chance? Perhaps because they don't think he is as great as you do? He's not crap, only an idiot would say that but his style of football is hideous and boring...

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Didn't Zaha go to forest on loan?
Fell through apparently. Sometihng about Forest wanting to pay a minimum of his wages and United wanting them to pay more and no middle ground being found.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This is why you have to love football. We have made hard work of the transfer window so far but when it all looks a little gloomy out of the light your closest rivals try and out do you.
We announce ward and mccourt at the same time Pullis is saying bye to Parrish (potentially)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Excellent reply. And pointless. 'Look at the managers' let's take our current one shall we.
The England team problems are far deeper than just the manager and I don't dispute that but Pulis has a success record of remarkable results with minimum resource.

He's at least worth a shot! And wouldn't cost anywhere near the Capellos, Svens of this world

Pointless because you don't agree? You make the same point I'm making- look at Hodgson, the most successful English manager in the game, and one of the most respected in world football. He couldn't even coax a single win out of the team at the World Cup. But yes, let's stick Pullis in there, because he's 'worth a shot'.

Remember what an awful manager McClaren was, the way he couldn't even get England to the Euros? Turns out he's actually quite good eh. I really fail to see how someone like Pullis could do a better job for anyone than the likes of Capello, Errikson, Hodgson etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here