Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
The boys in the Development Squad must be getting excited. They will all be getting a game soon.

One Club. (Speaks for itself). One Ambition (To be the only club to comply with FFP).

My prediction of 14th this season is looking very shaky after only one game.

EW

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We seem to be excellent at selling players - not so good at buying them.

It's all very well saying sell him, good money etc but the squad will be one more player down.

I'm really starting to get fed up with this. When are we actually going to bloody but someone?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Fwiw in our current system Buckley won't thrive. His strengths lie in him being aloud to be isolated in one on one situations with the left back. His game is relatively one dimensional so anything over 2 million I would take. March I feel would be much better in our current system. I think we need technically gifted all round players.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sky Sports Transfer Centre
22:27
Sunderland manager Gus Poyet is confident of making further additions to his squad before the start of the Premier League season.
I don't want to say how many, because people will throw it back at me, but I am expecting more signings before the season starts.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We seem to be excellent at selling players - not so good at buying them.

It's all very well saying sell him, good money etc but the squad will be one more player down.

I'm really starting to get fed up with this. When are we actually going to bloody but someone?

Then how did we get them in the first place?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we sell Buckley, and add that fee to the Bridcutt and Ulloa money, will we be able to afford to build the hotel? That should bring in a good wedge to help us comply with FFP.

We could have a big DIY warehouse / shop too....................

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
That's him gone then seeing we are a selling club, I'm sure we'll use the money for something other than new players too.

Aug 4, 2011
Would like to see what Buckley can offer us this season. Would be dissapointed if he goes but be good for him to play in the premier league, would be intersted to see how he steps up. Quality player when played correctly

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
25 years old, on a long deal. A player that poyet bought and admires greatly. Quick, a good finisher. 2.5m is a joke offer. I'd want way more than that. A good central midfield player that can pick his runs and deliver a pass and Buckley is a top player. When he combined with Vicente it was awesome. Come back with 7m minimum and we can start to talk.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought he was more of a winger when he first arrived but dropped back a bit as the years went on? Absolute wand of a left foot, fantastic player to watch.

Yep. Survived Cloughie, but so did Tony Towner.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
In his first season, he was arguably up there with Tom Ince and a couple of others as the best winger in the division.

In the past couple of seasons he's had 2 or 3 good games, and little else in between. His game was all about pace, and now he seems hesitant to run at players, knowing the chances of him injuring himself is seemingly ever-present.

If we got £3m for him, and managed to get Anthony Pilkington who seemingly isn't getting much game time at Norwich, i'd be pretty happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here