Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're on the right path.....

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Clearly I would have preferred us to get something from yesterdays game, but equally it's better to get that sort of result out of the way now - rather than after the transfer deadline. Hopefully it will focus the minds on completing some decent transfer business.

IMO we have a lot of similar style midfielders and our build up play is still bit too steady to frighten many sides. We lack a creative player capable of the unpredictable. Kemy has been given a precious chance to show what he can do but......... We will struggle to break down sides without that 'X' factor.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
This is our forth championship season its not like were new boys anymore we should have enough about us to put Wednesday under all sorts of pressure especially at home.

It's the first game of the season! Maybe you should start your crying at the end of August? We were very average yesterday as we were at Leeds first game last year!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
It's the first game of the season! Maybe you should start your crying at the end of August? We were very average yesterday as we were at Leeds first game last year!

take your point, but three points makes a hell of a difference at the end of the season in such a competitive league

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How can you compare to last season? the squad for a start was stronger than it is now. That's like saying don't panic we had a decent season two seasons ago.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
take your point, but three points makes a hell of a difference at the end of the season in such a competitive league

Yes it does, but you know what we will lose more 3 pts this year (as we have done for the past 3 seasons) to teams we feel we should beat. I am also concerned about the team but think we need more than one game before we all start throwing ourselves off the WSU!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I saw enough yesterday to suggest we could be a good side if the board actually back Hyypia with some quality signings.

I thought he took the job as a yes man and now they don't have to get quality signings.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We're going to have to disagree on this. I think your view is tainted by your negativity. We were poor, Wednesday were worst. They had no ambition. Scored a freak goal and had no other shots on target, even against 10 men for a lot of the game.

I'm not saying we were good yesterday. But to say we were a lot worst than Wednesday is a joke in my view.

You do realise that Wednesday are considered to be one of the clubs to be relegated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Sheff wed were worst, 1 decent strike and apart from that they offered nothing. Granted we lacked any quality in final third. Thought it had 0-0 all over it just like the Brum game does.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We're going to have to disagree on this. I think your view is tainted by your negativity. We were poor, Wednesday were worst. They had no ambition. Scored a freak goal and had no other shots on target, even against 10 men for a lot of the game.

I'm not saying we were good yesterday. But to say we were a lot worst than Wednesday is a joke in my view.

Your argument started well but a freak goal.......?? Errr he meant that 100%. That was no fluke

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
This. You can pretty much dismiss any post that contains it.

And most of the ones that it refers to!

We do have a midfield player/winger capable of unlocking defences- Solly March. Think he would have started ahead of Fenelon yesterday if he was fit.

Both sides looked pretty ordinary yesterday, but for me in this system the most important signing is going to be a left back. Hyppia obviously doesn't rate Chicksen or Maximenko, and for all his effort Calde is not capable of performing at left back in an attacking capacity. As I say just my opinion, but for what its worth, too many fans are getting upset too early in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here