Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia not even clapping the crowd.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I have worked with a Finn and he told me Finns tend to be reserved, polite, calm and collected and find it shameful to lose their cool and let their emotions run away with them. It's the way they are brought up and it's a cultural trait.

Sami appears to be showing these traits. So he doesn't jump up and down off the bench during a match, he doesn't make a show of waving to the crowd at the end of a match and he wants to show respect to the referee regardless of whether they give good or bad decisions. Better get used to it because he is a Finn. That's why they are called "ice men".

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
For Christs sake this thread is amazing.

Hypoxia has been saddled with a substandard team. He's looking for fans to get behind the team. We cannot possibly right him off. He has been hugely respected wherever he's been. Finns are not particularly animated or demonstrative people. If you want Poyet go and support Sunderland -and the best of luck.

I've been accused like others of being a bedwetter because I think the team is not ready or adequate. It's not good enough yo start the first game with key players missing. However that is not Samis fault and I will always support whatever team we put out. It's only fair to see this as a rebuilding season for Sami. Lets hope the board realise they have to invest and let's all give Sami a chance!

Ps. But for me, Agustien has now had ALL his chances -GET RID!

Just reread this and saw that my predictive text had turned Hyypia into hypoxia. I know there isn't enough oxygen in this discussion buts that's ridiculous! :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

Tidy haul Hust :moo:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I have worked with a Finn and he told me Finns tend to be reserved, polite, calm and collected and find it shameful to lose their cool and let their emotions run away with them. It's the way they are brought up and it's a cultural trait.

Pretty fair assessment. May I also add to that based on Finnish sister in law and having been there :

Blokes can seriously drink especially vodka due mainly to high levels of depression exacerbated by reduced daylight hours for most of the year. When not drinking vodka one of the largest consumers of coffee. Obsessed with the sauna and diving into frozen lakes. And the rest of the world pronounces it incorrectly it's SOW-NA! More forests and lakes than you wave a shitty stick at an invariably seem to churn out world class rally drivers. A generally miserable demeanour that suggests that they still think the old Soviet Union is poised to invade.

Kiitos

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Sami appears to be showing these traits. So he doesn't jump up and down off the bench during a match, he doesn't make a show of waving to the crowd at the end of a match and he wants to show respect to the referee regardless of whether they give good or bad decisions. Better get used to it because he is a Finn. That's why they are called "ice men".

Pretty much this. If people want constant histrionics, they can **** off and follow Gus up to Sunderland.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm sorry but I expect a bit of passion from our manager, today all I saw was him sat on his arse, didn't seem bothered and certainly didn't showany of the passion and enthusiasm I've seen over the years from Garcia or Poyet.

That surely reflects onto the players and it was quite apparent amongst the fans.

I'm sorry but I get the impression his heart isn't 100% in this and rightly or wrongly I can't see him being here beyond Xmas.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is good that no one is over reacting after a defeat then.

Sack Sami
Sack the Board
Sack the fans
Actually lets just pack up the stadium and not bother anymore.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We can accept a defeat. We can understand the board wanting to bring in players at the right price and within the pay structure we have.

But I'm sorry, the least I expect is a bit of passion and motivation from our manager.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
What would he be clapping? First game of the the new season and our support was shit..

Not interested in him clapping the crowd... How about getting out of his seat and at least showing some passion ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Difficult when by 85 everyone had left the ground to get the train, it would have not looked right for him to just clap the Wednesday fans

Judging by the queues in the concourse bars in the North after the final whistle, plenty had left their seats, but just to drown their sorrows, and who could blame them !! As an aside, I asked the server at HT what the Guest Pie was. He didn't know, had to ask a few others, how many had he served up pre-match, oblivious to what they were ? Just comes across as clueless. As another aside, didn't fancy the Balti Pie and as thats all they had at HT had a Pork Bap, roll was rock hard, like it was frozen, then defrosted in a microwave, surely not for £4.10 !!??

Just reread this and saw that my predictive text had turned Hyypia into hypoxia. I know there isn't enough oxygen in this discussion buts that's ridiculous! :)

You've rescued this thread with Hypoxia :clap:

It seems all oxygen has been cut off to NSC's brain at times like this

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is difficult and an unfair to judge after one game but Hyppia sat in the dug out the whole game with his arms folded looking totally disinterested. It was Nathan Jones who was directing the team and giving instructions. Hyppia did have the strength to get off his chair a couple of times in the second half, briefly. A little worrying his seemingly total lack of involvement in the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here