Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Canary

May 21, 2014
This isn't an elaborate hoax is it?

Nope.

Like I said in the summer you tried to buy him then. Didn't happen because of values and ours being too high, but ultimately Benno hasn't even been good enough to make the match day squad this season, and thus the loan is on.

But if an injury happens to Redmond/Lafferty/Murphy I'd expect he'll be recalled

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love Eliott abd would like to see him come back BUT you have to ask if he isn't good enough for Championshio Norwich will he do it for us? Would be happierif it was a longer term deal as one month just sees him getting match fit at our expense.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why feel the need to post this? We finally get a thread where everyone is unanimous in their support for something and you post this sly little number.

Sorry, can you email me that post template so it conforms to your needs?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Nope.

Like I said in the summer you tried to buy him then. Didn't happen because of values and ours being too high, but ultimately Benno hasn't even been good enough to make the match day squad this season, and thus the loan is on.

But if an injury happens to Redmond/Lafferty/Murphy I'd expect he'll be recalled
His set-piece delivery was utterly superb for us in our promotion season - be interesting to know whether he's ever been given much of an opportunity to showcase it for Norwich? I know you've had the likes of Snodgrass, Surman, Hoolahan etc.. in recent years who've probably taken their fair share.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bennett would be an immense improvement as he is a genuine wing back who is equally at home either playing as a winger or as a full back, so is quick and can tackle. Hope it comes off.

Perhaps the recruitment team arent sitting around doing nothing.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Second half of the season could see a largely new midfield for us with Bennett, March, and Stephens returning.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Now if this were to happen, surely it would suggest a change of tactics? Two wingers, KLL on the left and Bennett on the right

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now if this were to happen, surely it would suggest a change of tactics? Two wingers, KLL on the left and Bennett on the right

No - he's not very big, is he...........so, lone striker. Just has to be!

Joking aside, good player - won't do any harm to have him back for a while.

Canary

May 21, 2014
His set-piece delivery was utterly superb for us in our promotion season - be interesting to know whether he's ever been given much of an opportunity to showcase it for Norwich? I know you've had the likes of Snodgrass, Surman, Hoolahan etc.. in recent years who've probably taken their fair share.

He never really got the chance, but then I suppose that was mainly because he was never able to nail down a regular starting spot.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I'd imagine we would play him at RWB. I think he'd be exceptional in that position. Problem is we don't have a Glenn Murray or Ashley Barnes anymore to finish off the chances...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Two short term loans?
And people think the clouds are lifting over the Amex?
1 keeper
1 winger
Sami doesn't play wingers

Can't see what people are getting excited about
It's like sticking a band aid over a gaping wound

Al HABSI can't play against Wigan on Tuesday
BENNET can't play against Norwich our next away game

Need strikers
Need Sami out
Then I'll be excited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here