Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ben duncan green councillor = tosspot

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And u think Caroline had a choice lol she's the constituency MP ffs

She's not actually his constituency MP, as I'm pretty sure that he lives (and represents) Kemptown. He did use to be her Press Officer, which makes his incursions into the public realm all the more surprising.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"There was never any intention to cause any offence. It was part of a broader conversation with my son which was put on Twitter and that has been taken out of context.

So who put it on twitter, and what other context is there to put it in?

Spot on.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
She's not actually his constituency MP, as I'm pretty sure that he lives (and represents) Kemptown. He did use to be her Press Officer, which makes his incursions into the public realm all the more surprising.

He was the Green Party candidate for Kemptown at the last election IIRC.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Quite. The guy is an absolute Belmont. Like all Green councillors, bar none.

Well, I know a number of Green councillors and they work hard for their wards-as do many from other parties. Unless you know them all personally, I fail to understand your statement.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've met Ben on a number of occasions, and whilst I like him personally, he does have a tendency to put his foot in it. I don't generally find his pacifist views offensive, but there is a time, a place, and an appropriate context. Today was a rather embarrassing fail on all three.

Also, it is important to understand that most Green Party members do respect the work of the armed forces. Most of the ones I know would be giving a bit of a :facepalm: to this latest gaff.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ben Duncan
" I knew there'd be some reaction - but I'm overwhelmed by the messages of support amid the abuse, threats and swearing: thank you all! "

he knew there would be reaction but went ahead and tweeted it anyway........what a plank!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Ben Duncan
" I knew there'd be some reaction - but I'm overwhelmed by the messages of support amid the abuse, threats and swearing: thank you all! "

he knew there would be reaction but went ahead and tweeted it anyway........what a plank!

I'd like to know who has supported him.

Hopefully not the Green Party who should kick him out immediately

Brynsleynudge1

Jun 2, 2014
What a disgusting individual, its thanks to the bravery of our so called hired killers that clowns like duncan enjoy freedom of speech.... He should have his benefits stopped or at least taxed.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Strange. I'd find it far easier explaining to my kids that I was a member of the armed forces than I would explaining I was a local councillor.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was a daft thing to say. But a bit too much hand-wringing on this thread.

It's political correctness gone mad when someone can't express an alternative view on the armed forces.

It was a daft thing to say. But a bit too much hand-wringing on this thread.

It's political correctness gone mad when someone can't express an alternative view on the armed forces.

I don't class referring to our Armed Forces as "Hired Killers" an alternative view, I'd call it a highly inflammatory statement. One which I hope he loses his job over.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't class referring to our Armed Forces as "Hired Killers" an alternative view, I'd call it a highly inflammatory statement. One which I hope he loses his job over.

Are the armed forces hired? Yes.
Is there a likelihood that many of them have killed others in armed conflict? Yes.
Is what Ben Duncan has said an alternative view to what is the generally accepted depiction of the armed forces? Yes.
Is what he said a highly inflammatory statement? Yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here