Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola Ameobi

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well I for one would be very happy with this, ESPECIALLY if we do lose COG.

He is that physical option that we absolutely need.

Lets be honest, you're wasting your time if you want to sit there, look at his goal record and raise that as an con. He is never going to be a 20 goal a season man. However, what a presence to have if you are chasing a game or even seeing one out in the last 20 mins.

Its a YES from this particular onlooker.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Can't say I like the bloke, but that's not important.
He would be a very good signing IMO.

Besides, I'll probably like him more if he plays for us [emoji1]

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Would be a good signing.

Baldock, CMS and Colunga + Tex, JFC would all benifit hugely from being able to play off him.

Scored 10 in 18 appearances last time out in the Championship.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I certainly think he would be worth a punt. he may not have set the premier league alight, but he has featured fairly regularly.

I wonder who people think we might get sometimes. Andy Carroll? Diego Costa? Sergio Aguero? Harry Kane on loan? We do need to be realistic.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm really tied on this one.

Ameobi has never been a prolific scorer and I have to admit to saying I think the guy is one of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen play in the BPL. However, there is something here which makes me think that he could become a bit of a cult figure for us. He's 33 years old and in the twilight of his career, but if he can get the best out of CMS, Colunga & Baldock then maybe he could be a good fit.

Whether I would prefer him over a younger, fitter and keener O'Grady though? I'm not sure.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Ameobi has never been a prolific scorer and I have to admit to saying I think the guy is one of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen play in the BPL. However, there is something here which makes me think that he could become a bit of a cult figure for us. He's 33 years old and in the twilight of his career, but if he can get the best out of CMS, Colunga & Baldock then maybe he could be a good fit.

Whether I would prefer him over a younger, fitter and keener O'Grady though? I'm not sure.
Yep, all of that. As for your last sentence, I'm fairly sure we're only even looking at him because COG wants to go back to Yorkshire. I was hoping COG would try and work it out down here, but to me, this looks like he's made his mind up.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Ogrady is not keen, he is saying the right things, but for me is desperate to go back up north.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In view of the overall cost of COG (wages x length of contract) I think the club would like to do a Dobbie (get rid).
In view of the interest in COG from Sheff Utd and the fact his family issues will not change we should get the best deal possible..
This kind of short term signing would make sense....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not many forwards out muscle El Abd

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Could do a similar job that Lloyd Owusu did for us a few years back - playing alongside OGH I seem to remember. Kept us up that year!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Won't score as many as Glenn Murray but would create just as many goals for CMS/Baldock playing off him.
With COG needing to settle his family it's a no-brainier for me. Sooner the better.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm sure he would do a decent Job, people already writing him off before he has signed or even kicked a ball.

Got a lot of experiance and that drop in divisions may see him thrive, as previosuly mentioned other ex players have done very well here.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
What we need is a physical presence, if COG's family is unsettled, he's likely not to play well. With his current career here so far, it maybe mutually beneficial to sell him to Sheffield United and then free-up some wages for a fella who'll likely to just want to play due to him being in the latter stages of his career.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I'm sure he would do a decent Job, people already writing him off before he has signed or even kicked a ball.

Got a lot of experiance and that drop in divisions may see him thrive, as previosuly mentioned other ex players have done very well here.

Not that many writing him off on this thread. A few admittedly, but not many. I think he'd be just what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here