Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Upson joins Leicester City on one year contract

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
That is so disappointing. I wish him well but that is a big blow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I suspect he might not do much for Leicester next season, a bench warmer maybe. And that makes me sad, because he could have been a real asset for us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Upson and ElAbd now need replacing in central defense.

Can one of these be replaced by someone from the DS ???

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Upson and ElAbd now need replacing in central defense.

Can one of these be replaced by someone from the DS ???

Glen Rea has impressed me whenever I've seen him, not sure whether he is ready to make the step up just yet though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I suspect he might not do much for Leicester next season, a bench warmer maybe. And that makes me sad, because he could have been a real asset for us.

You would have to think it came solely down to money then. I agree about the the bench warming, you'd think at his age he'd want as much game time as possible, but alas it looks like he's topping up his pension instead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This

...and this...

But get a grip. It's the 23rd MAY. 'Wheels are coming off', FFS.

If players like Matt were not possible to find, how did we sign him (and Bridge) in the first place?

Big loss, absolutely, but we'll replace him, just like we've replaced every single other player thats left the club, in the last 113 years.

Gutted personally, though. Absolutely my favourite ALbion player.

This. Good luck to him and has earned a last crack at the Prem and thanks for giving it everything whilst here. Class act. New manager in within the next 2/3 weeks or so, three months to get things sorted, all under control.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Gutted as I think he would have had another good year for us and was calming influence at the back. Is he premier league quality still...not sure he is. But it's one last pay day and we'd probably all take that. With no manager in place who's to say our new manager would have rated him. Uncertainty and more money...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Twitter always makes me laugh on days like this:

Still in shock at the way the club is being run at the moment it's a ******* joke #fuming #bhafc
and from the same bloke:
**** sake Upson has left gone to Leicester! Were ****ed next year we havnt got a team we need at least 6 players and a manager! #bhafc

It's not even June yet. Madness.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Twitter always makes me laugh on days like this:

Still in shock at the way the club is being run at the moment it's a ******* joke #fuming #bhafc
and from the same bloke:
**** sake Upson has left gone to Leicester! Were ****ed next year we havnt got a team we need at least 6 players and a manager! #bhafc

It's not even June yet. Madness.

Looks like 'Mong Season' starts earlier every year.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Makes it all the more important that we do all we can to bring Wardy back for next season to maintain as much stability as we can having lost Kush and Upson.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bad news for us and bad news for Upson.
We lose a top player and he gets his bank balance to £5.7m instead of £5.6m (bet that's so much more thrilling at the Cashpoint) gets lost in the stiffs, works out of a dreadful town 100 miles from the sea and retires on a low in a year or so

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Good luck Matty. I'll miss wasting 50p on you as an 'anytime goalscorer' week in and week out. You served us well. Thanks.

I'd just like to thank next year's player of the season for his efforts, and wish him well at his new club for the 2015/16 season.

Once is unlucky, twice is careless... :wozza:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's amazing how we managed to have one of the best defences in the league seeing how Upson is past it, Calderon and Bruno can't defend, Greer is shit and TK wasn't really all that. Thank **** we've still got Ward.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Thanks for the memories Matty, enjoy your last big payday, you deserve it. :)

What else is there to say? We offered a deal to him, but Leicester have come in with no doubt a better offer. No one's fault, just economics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here