Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Seahawks defence breached again, quiet start to the 2nd half, but the Chargers find a gap to narrowly get a TD by an arms length - 27-14 down.

Awful off day.....at least next week is an easier game. Oh hang on, its against the Broncos....

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Seahawks defence breached again, quiet start to the 2nd half, but the Chargers find a gap to narrowly get a TD by an arms length - 26-14 down.

Awful off day.....at least next week is an easier game. Oh hang on, its against the Broncos....

More worried about Earl's injury, did they say how bad it was?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders again a pile of shite

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Seahawks have lost - now that was f*cking awful. Non existent defence and a very poor attack. Credit to the Chargers who were pretty good and certainly are dark horses this year, but that is a MASSIVE wake up call for the team now, the work needs to start as if they play like that each week - they may as well just not bother.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Great comeback win by the mighty Pack. Down 21-3 to the sad Jets, they ended up 31-24 winners. Now we just need Chicago to lose in San Fran and we will have a third share of the lead in the division. 200+ yards for Jordy Nelson, and Aaron Rodgers passes Bart Starr for second all time passing for the Pack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to bed what the Packers elected to that their second FG.

With the exception of wide receiver they had a very familiar team but still looked pony.
I'll watch the highlights later.
Oh and i was watching on a very good Canadian feed :thumbsup:

As for RGIIIsus.
As much as I agree the Shannies need to take most of the responsibility he doesn't get a free pass.
He wouldn't sit out for Cousins even when his leg wasn't attached.
He makes everything all about himself.
He cranked up last season with his 'all in for week 1' adidas campaign, even when that clearly should have been week 6.

Finally what the feck are they doing to their turf.
It looked shocking yesterday FIRST game of the season.
I wouldn't be surprised if that takes some blame, again, this time for RG's dislocated ankle.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I neglected this thread for a few days and feel suitably ashamed for doing so.

In case it's not been mentioned yet, another win for the Cardinals. Certainly wasn't the best performance and will need to step it up a little against the 49'ers but hey, they all count.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I went to bed what the Packers elected to that their second FG.

With the exception of wide receiver they had a very familiar team but still looked pony.
I'll watch the highlights later.
Oh and i was watching on a very good Canadian feed :thumbsup:

As for RGIIIsus.
As much as I agree the Shannies need to take most of the responsibility he doesn't get a free pass.
He wouldn't sit out for Cousins even when his leg wasn't attached.
He makes everything all about himself.
He cranked up last season with his 'all in for week 1' adidas campaign, even when that clearly should have been week 6.

Finally what the feck are they doing to their turf.
It looked shocking yesterday FIRST game of the season.
I wouldn't be surprised if that takes some blame, again, this time for RG's dislocated ankle.

Think you are being overly harsh on RGIII there. The Shannies should have pulled him the Seahawks game after the first quarter injury, totally irresponsible and led to the second injury. Nothing wrong with him trying to get back for week one last season, but the coaching staff should have made the right call and not brought him back too early. yesterday he was just unlucky, he had an excellent start to the game and the throw to Roberts was outstanding, just an awful landing. He should be done for the year now. Griffin is a competitor and I believe him to be a team player too.

Great response by the whole team to the loss of griffin, d-jax and jordan reed yesterday. Ok the Jags were awful but one Rambo mistake aside we kept on top of the game throughout. Eagles and Giants next week so things get a lot tougher and we'll see how far Captain Kirk can take this team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think you are being overly harsh on RGIII there. The Shannies should have pulled him the Seahawks game after the first quarter injury, totally irresponsible and led to the second injury. Nothing wrong with him trying to get back for week one last season, but the coaching staff should have made the right call and not brought him back too early. yesterday he was just unlucky, he had an excellent start to the game and the throw to Roberts was outstanding, just an awful landing. He should be done for the year now. Griffin is a competitor and I believe him to be a team player too
He's definitely a team player, but HIS team on HIS terms.

I have the Shannies getting the lion share of the blame, I just don't think Bobby three sticks should get to walk (no pun intended).

It's one thing being a 10 year vet with SB rings thinking you can win on one leg.
But something completely different when you're a rookie having a repeat injury, with adequate cover on the bench.

I don't imagine for one minute the Shannies were allowed to bench RG for the start of last season.
Now how that pressure was leveraged and where it came from is anybodies guess, but hindsight says RG shouldn't have been anywhere near a field for the first half of last season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He's definitely a team player, but HIS team on HIS terms.

I have the Shannies getting the lion share of the blame, I just don't think Bobby three sticks should get to walk (no pun intended).

It's one thing being a 10 year vet with SB rings thinking you can win on one leg.
But something completely different when you're a rookie having a repeat injury, with adequate cover on the bench.

I don't imagine for one minute the Shannies were allowed to bench RG for the start of last season.
Now how that pressure was leveraged and where it came from is anybodies guess, but hindsight says RG shouldn't have been anywhere near a field for the first half of last season.

I agree he should not have been out there, but the buck stops with the head coach, he picks the team. He was dumb enough to leave him in the Seahawks game when he was clearly not able to function after the first quarter hit, so I think he was clearly dumb enough to bring him back early.

I think RGIII gets way too much stick these days, it's been disappointing to see people turn on him and make mountains out of molehills. I'll be interested to hear what MMQB and Kornheiser have to say about last nights game this morning and how they spin it. Plenty of positives to dwell on given how many injuries there were. Kirk looked good but he'll have a tougher game next week.

As for your Packers, I thought they dug themselves out of a hole very well last night. taking the early FG's and not panicking really paid off. Good stuff from Rodgers again.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
browns15-01.jpg

At last - a comeback win instead of throwing it away in the final seconds like normal! Haven't had many of those recently in Cleveland....if ever!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Your parties shit, and so are you!

Felt like the Leicester game last season all over again, 9ers with something celebrate in their shiny new stadium and despite 3 quarters of the most dull, boring and penalty ridden football in history Cutler and his injured WR's showed up in the 4th to leave with their first win there since 85.

NICE.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Who played Dennis Pitta rather than Antonio Gates in their fantasy team this week? That'll be me.

Strangely I didn't fancy Gates vs the Seahawks. 96 yards, 3 TD's, 27.50 points. This league is just crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here