Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alien Abduction meeeting in Brighton

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes of course, the absolute fact that the pineal gland is responsible for a natural production of DMT and our 3rd eye/gateway/transcendence to other realities/spirit molecule.

I'm confused, I thought the Jap's Eye was our third eye?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
To be fair, there's more chance of advanced life on another planet than Jesus Christ being the 'son of god'. :D

Preparing myself for the binfest...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There is a story about a lady who lived near here in the 50's, who was abducted by Aliens and impregnated. It is very interesting - you can read about it here. http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/africa/Photo36.htm.

Sadly in this account, they do not say whether she had the baby or not. Rumour is that she did and that the baby was, how can I say, darker than perhaps Mrs Klarer would have expected.

You can make your own minds up about that one then......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Western Meadowlark and similar bird species. Many types of beetle, worm and aphid. Then you have Ring Species which can and do sometimes interbreed but not the majority and Chronospecies which are the same species at different stages of evolution but existing in the same space and time frame.
Can you just pick on creature that looks almost identical to another, which is unrelated? Types of beetle, for example, are types of beetle, so are presumably related.

Just because somebody is offering up different theories about alien life that you don't agree with don't dismiss them wholesale.
I've said that it is extremely likely that there is life on other planets, and you've said it's highly unlikely there is. So what is it I've dismissed wholesale?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did I make a mistake in my calculations :shrug:

At the current speed Voyager 1 is travelling 17 km/ps it would take 8.8 million years to travel 500 light years.
No, I was referring to your comment that you're "100% sure that there are civilisations out there". So not just life, and not just intelligent life, but civilisations. Isn't 100% a bit too sure? (ps, I should have put a smiley after my comment, but I rarely bother).

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Our Solar System is just one member of the Milky Way galaxy with 200 to 400 billion stars. The current estimate is that there are 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which has hundreds of billions of stars. A recent German supercomputer simulation put that number even higher: 500 billion. In other words, there could be a galaxy out there for every star in the Milky Way. The chances of life out there, somewhere, is, therefore, almost certain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is a story about a lady who lived near here in the 50's, who was abducted by Aliens and impregnated. It is very interesting - you can read about it here. http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/africa/Photo36.htm.

Sadly in this account, they do not say whether she had the baby or not. Rumour is that she did and that the baby was, how can I say, darker than perhaps Mrs Klarer would have expected.

You can make your own minds up about that one then......
That sounds similar to how Jesus was conceived.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can you just pick on creature that looks almost identical to another, which is unrelated? Types of beetle, for example, are types of beetle, so are presumably related.

It's different species that is important. For example there is a mammal on New Zealand that looks exactly like one that lives in the Amazon. I forget the name but it looks similar to a small tree dwelling raccoon. You really would have trouble telling them apart without DNA testing but they are from completely different species they have just evolved almost identically.

I'm trying to find a link that will explain it better than I can.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Just going to chuck a curve ball into the debate for Hybrid X......

What if they are not Alien's but ourselves or a form of us that has evolved and discovered time travel and they need our DNA or some shit....

To me that is far more likely.....

Over to you Hybrid X.....

Why would they need some shit? That's just gross. How evolved are these people (ie. us)?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Our Solar System is just one member of the Milky Way galaxy with 200 to 400 billion stars. The current estimate is that there are 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which has hundreds of billions of stars. A recent German supercomputer simulation put that number even higher: 500 billion. In other words, there could be a galaxy out there for every star in the Milky Way. The chances of life out there, somewhere, is, therefore, almost certain.

How is it certain? And to be a pedant how can something be almost certain? You are either certain or you are not.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I've said that it is extremely likely that there is life on other planets, and you've said it's highly unlikely there is. So what is it I've dismissed wholesale?

The thylacine, also known as the Tasmanian wolf, is often used as a prime example of convergent evolution. Now extinct, the thylacine occupied the same ecological niche as canine predators in other parts of the world. Despite having almost no evolutionary relation, thylacines and gray wolves have very similar morphology, are roughly the same size and share many features.
You can probably see an example of convergent evolution right outside your window. There are tens of thousands of species of plants, many of them unrelated to each other. Yet plant species worldwide have evolved leaves. While leaves come in many shapes and sizes, we all know a leaf when we see one, because they’re all so similar. There are certainly cases of divergent leaf evolution (pine needles, for example), which only makes it all the more fascinating that so many species evolved leaves that look the same.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
How is it certain? And to be a pedant how can something be almost certain? You are either certain or you are not.

Nobody knows the actual size of the Universe. If it is infinite then life elsewhere is certain. Alternatively the odds are stacked in favour of life elsewhere. 400 billion stars in a galaxy x 500 billion galaxies is a LOT of stars with half a dozen planets in each solar system. The fact that moons orbiting Jupiter and Saturn have been identified as having subterranean water, the chances are that life will be found in our own solar system, not to mention the theory that life on Earth could have been germinated from Mars.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Who are you, Yoda?

Of course he's not Yoda. Nibble does NOT believe in Aliens. As Yoda is green, uses the force, was very old and is a Vodafone user, he is clearly an Alien. If Nibble was Yoda, this would be nonsensical.

Anyway, Nibble is often Angry. Anger is a trait of the dark side so he is likely to be Anakin Skyewalker or that bloke with red and black head that got turned over by Obi Wan Kenobi in that really crap film with Liam Neeson.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Like I say, nothing would surprise me but the exact conditions for life are so specific it is unlikely to be replicated...unless...life took on a completely, as yet unimagined form. In fact much of earth itself is unable to support life. But that is a long discussion more suited to when I'm blazed. For now I'm sticking with evil green men climbing down space ladders into our brains and cupping our balls.

There is practically nowhere on Earth that no life can be found, it is everywhere. The Tardigrade (a competitor for worlds Hardest Animal) can survive, if not carry out it's life cycle, at all kind of extremes.
The genesis moment is not understood, so it is impossible to predict the likelihood of life off earth, but once you have single celled organisms on a planet, it is highly likely that at some point intelligent life would evolve on that planet.
The fact that all life on Earth has shared DNA suggests that all life on Earth has the same early ancestry and that spontaneous life from a chemical soup is not common, so I think we are either pretty rare, or this planet was seeded from elsewhere, or both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here