Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Warwickshire v Sussex, Edgbaston, 13-16 April, LCCC Div 1***

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Total misunderstanding of Sussex cricket from BBC South(ampton) just now. Not only did we get Reading's wonder draw against Leicester and current play-off position analysed ad nauseam (Brighton and Bournemouth got a passing mention btw) but these immortal words followed:

"Sussex are well placed for an easy win vs Warwickshire at Edgbaston tomorrow needing just 57 to win with eight wickets remaining"

There is some comfort in getting BBC South East then.

#prayforbruceparker

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Total misunderstanding of Sussex cricket from BBC South(ampton) just now. Not only did we get Reading's wonder draw against Leicester and current play-off position analysed ad nauseam (Brighton and Bournemouth got a passing mention btw) but these immortal words followed:

"Sussex are well placed for an easy win vs Warwickshire at Edgbaston tomorrow needing just 57 to win with eight wickets remaining"

Oi - I won't hear a word said against BBC South, it gives me all the up-to-date news about Berkshire and Wiltshire that I really need.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Been out all day and just seen the score. Well, I was fearing the worst, but we've actually managed to take it into the final day - let's be thankful for small mercies. Kids are gutted. Absolutely crestfallen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well having expressed my faith in Sussex, I must speak of my disillusion. They have let us down today. Let's hope for rain.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe the amount of catches spilled by The Bears in this second innings. This reeks of bribery, there can be no other explanation for our false position.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm dreading tomorrow, a day of abject surrender and total humiliation beckons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Weather not looking good :-(

:nono: All hopes of a rain affected draw, gone.

image.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't believe the amount of catches spilled by The Bears in this second innings. This reeks of bribery, there can be no other explanation for our false position.

Bribery! It's quite the opposite, Pav.

The SNIDEY Bears have (whoops, I've dropped another!) elevated us into this seemingly unassailable ( :jester: ) position, so that they can fill their boots on the betting markets overnight (80/1?) before breezing through our shower this morning.

Disgusting, really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bribery! It's quite the opposite, Pav.

The SNIDEY Bears have (whoops, I've dropped another!) elevated us into this seemingly unassailable ( :jester: ) position, so that they can fill their boots on the betting markets overnight (80/1?) before breezing through our shower this morning.

Disgusting, really.

Don't be ridiculous. No-one would ever be 80/1 to beat Sussex.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Even if we get within 50 runs of them, which still seems rather unlikely, they will seal a rather comfortable win. I doubt that the odds on them winning have ever been over 1/2

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Having missed a whole day of this epic game, I see Sussex are having a team meeting at the boundary edge about how to knock of this challenging total, wonder what the tactics will be

Attachments

• Sussex  day 4.jpg
    Sussex day 4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 135

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Having missed all of yesterdays action, and expecting it to have all been over, did we get an extra half hour last night, I would have thought with the speed it looked like Rory was scoring runs, they could all have had a day off today

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just checked in to see that from the jaws of victory we couldn't close it out yesterday. Most disappointing. Whats worse is that I see Robinson wants to jump the burning ship and head off to England. As if they'd have him.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
entertain the masses in the stands ??

I do find it somewhat depressing watching highlights of the county championship games and seeing great shots and play in practically empty grounds. I'm not sure what can be done to attract the crowds but the fact that T20 is such a big draw shows there is a passion for cricket in this country. I guess it is hard during the week but even on weekends they don't look particularly full

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here