Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tomasz Kuszczak close to return to the Premier League"

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He's simply not good enough to be no. 1 at a Premier League club and there are far better goalkeepers within our own Division. Can't say I'd be that bothered TBH.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's stated his ambition to return to the Premier League. Why would he have tied himself down to a longer contract when there was no guarantee of playing Premier League football with us?

Apart from forcing him to sign at gunpoint (which is illegal) or guaranteeing promotion (which is impossible), I don't see how the club can be blamed for not tying him down!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
From a Polish site...

Tomasz Kuszczak takes very good season in the Championship. Polish goalkeeper until 15 matches kept a clean sheet, and his Brighton & Hove Albion still counts in the fight for the playoffs. In an interview with "Review of the Sports" revealed that his agent is in talks with several clubs and next season would again play in the Premier League.

Looking for number meetings in which I played, there were no major mishaps. I gave the team a lot, brought the experience of the Premier League. I know that I can safely play the class above. Some conversations are conducted. My agent is negotiating with several clubs, but for now I can not talk about specifics - said Tomasz Kuszczak.

Polish goalkeeper is known in the UK and the lack of listings after a good season should not complain. - I do not want to mention where I could hit. I'm certainly not an anonymous player. I play in the UK for many years and I am appreciated here. I have good contacts in several bands, so I can persuade someone on their services - joked Polish representative.

Kuszczakowi season expires at the end of the current contract with the club. In the event of a final decision what to do next, but points out that the most important thing is for him to return to the Premier League.

No surprise there with the lack of ambition for promotion shown by the club by not signing strikers capable of playing in this division.The defence keep a team safe the strikers get the team promoted, we all know that why dont the clubs board of directors

Last edited:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
fair play to the bloke, as long as the club dont plan to replace him with Brezovan or (as much as i like the guy) ankergren, its fine!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would be a loss, but this is modern football. The only stability for clubs is the support, loyalty from players is minimal.

Great goalie, one of the best we've had, but they'll be others.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Would be a loss, but this is modern football. The only stability for clubs is the support, loyalty from players is minimal.

Great goalie, one of the best we've had, but they'll be others.

He will be leaving for the same reason gus did,false promises of ambition to play in the premier league,who lets there leading goal scorer go on a free and signs 3rd division replacement on double the former players wage and also states ambition for promotion FFS.Tony may be a good businessman but he does not have a clue on how to run a football club.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been told that Kuszczak's agent is English (and not Polish) and this story is all fabricated.

It's help keep people entertained on an otherwise dull Friday though, so not all bad.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Had we agreed a contract three months ago he wouldn't be talking to anyone. I don't understand our reluctance to tie our players down.

He didn't want to talk about a new contract,let alone sign a new contract until he knew what division we are going to be in.

He wants to play in the premier league. If we don't go up, he's gone. If we go up, he stays.

Can't blame the club on this one.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He's simply not good enough to be no. 1 at a Premier League club and there are far better goalkeepers within our own Division. Can't say I'd be that bothered TBH.

Utter bollocks the sweaty sock would not sell him to a premier league or champions league team for fear of competition

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I've been told that Kuszczak's agent is English (and not Polish) and this story is all fabricated.

It's help keep people entertained on an otherwise dull Friday though, so not all bad.

Sake Bozza, sake.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Utter bollocks the sweaty sock would not sell him to a premier league or champions league team for fear of competition

Okay let's see the number of premier league clubs queuing up to sign him then, personally I wouldn't be overly concerned!

He's a decent keeper for this Division that's it, he'll be no 2 or 3 in the premier league.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Okay let's see the number of premier league clubs queuing up to sign him then, personally I wouldn't be overly concerned!

He's a decent keeper for this Division that's it, he'll be no 2 or 3 in the premier league.

Saved me typing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here