Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
My (badly made) point is that Jon Obika is not the reason we have to go to a replay. And, let's be clear - I'm not a fan at all.

And, my age old point still holds true - I'm not going to slate a player who is on the pitch for the Albion if he seems to not be good enough. Blame the people who put him there.

That would be Nathan Jones on this occasion?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
How can anyone say these things about Obika, David Burke and his data base had him down as a must have, through two transfer windows.
David knows how to pick a player.

Feb 14, 2010
My (badly made) point is that Jon Obika is not the reason we have to go to a replay. And, let's be clear - I'm not a fan at all.

And, my age old point still holds true - I'm not going to slate a player who is on the pitch for the Albion if he seems to not be good enough. Blame the people who put him there.

Blimey! Where did you stand at The Soldstone?! Moaning at our players was always as popular at moaning at the ref and slagging of the other sides players, both of which was only beaten with the shear joy in the crowd when someone like David Pleat or Peter Shilton turned up after their unfortunate press! I'm with the Soldstone crowd. My favourite memories were shouts like "Give it to Ward, your sh1t" or "Bloody Wendy" to Dean Wilkins who had the misfortune to have skill in central midfield and was therefore a "luxury"! If you cant give a player stick (preferable unjustified stick) then what has football come to? Obika was shocking, probably as bad at Tiltman, Cooper and Crumplin (before he became a right back and was almost OK), so the punters have paid their money and they are entitled to a pantomime villain. I suppose its "ubber" fans who wear football shirts these days. No humour, no fun. It wasnt just Brighton, it was all over the country, Danny Baker has similar stories at Millwall.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Obika looks like he will be the 3rd choice striker when CMS returns. If Spanish Rodney plays up front too , Obika will be relegated to 4th choice. Luckily for him by the time Hoskins is back the loan deal will be nearly over.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say that on every occasion I see Obika he looks less and less likely to forge a career as a professional footballer! As for his loan, we were desperately looking for back up to Barnes when we were without Ulloa/CMS and Hoskins without breaking the bank. Seems he might have looked good for spurs reserves but can't make the step up!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
September '77, Port Elizabeth weather fine
It was business as usual in police cell 619
Obika, Obi Obi Obika

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Precisley ! what on Earth has Nathan Jones done ? not a very good advert for his scouting prowess so far is it ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tracey has been crap since he arrived even at port vale he miss a simple one on one with their keeper two minutes before he scored. One mistake from Oscar tonight it should have been Rodders for Ulloa

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well I hope he scores the winner away at Hull. Give him a chance to shine. The club and management must see something in him, and I am sure Spurs have him signed up to an extended contract, while he wears the blue and white give him some support.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He wasn't great tonight, but he's been a bit part player in a new team. He's clearly got something about him if Spurs still own him. I don't think the scouting process or management need to answer to his signing and introduction on the evidence of a handful of games.

However, perhaps he is not a great signing considering he is effectively a traveling player. He clearly needs to settle down somewhere.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought he was poor but give the guy a break. Mostly playing five minutes here and there is not exactly going to make life easy - especially for a striker, who needs a bit of confidence. He looked decent at his previous loan clubs. Hard to be optimistic that will change on that showing but getting on his back certainly won't help.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dreadful player.

Looks like we are going to have to rely on Ulloa yet again. God help us if he gets injured again. CMS isn't a lone striker and is wasted up front on his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here