Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus after Ulloa?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gus can take Leo, Bridders and Buckley for a combined figure of 11 million....

I want to keep them all though if possible.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I've seen plenty enough of Wickham over the last couple of years to know he's a good striker, with the potential to get a lot better.

Is Leo going to get better at his age? Probably not.

I reckon they are very much comparable right now, and likely to move in opposite directions moving forward - thus a swap worthy of consideration.

Comparing them right now, Leo is probably better in the air (although Wickham IS a big strong bloke, too), but Wickham is MUCH quicker, which is something the Albion team desperatley needs, imo.

this post is bang on the money

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering Gus pursued Ulloa for about 18 months before finally landing him, it'll be no great surprise to see him come sniffing around for him before the month is out. Would pretty much put paid to any lingering top 6 pretensions here if he went though IMO.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Labrokes creating stories to stimulate betting interest????

I saw this on Twitter last night:

Breaking: Our sky source's believe if we feed you with enough of this crap You will pick up ur phones bet and make us looooads of money #SSN

I still do not know how there isn’t a conflict of interests with Sky/Sky Bet when they release news, transfer rumours etc then announce odds for that news/event happening.

Exactly a quick flick through Jack Beresford's pieces for this website includes a piece about Dappy/Celebrity Big Brother and three pieces about premiership managers looking to sign former players. There is also speculation Newcastle might be interested in a French striker.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Labrokes creating stories to stimulate betting interest????

I saw this on Twitter last night:

Breaking: Our sky source's believe if we feed you with enough of this crap You will pick up ur phones bet and make us looooads of money #SSN

I still do not know how there isn’t a conflict of interests with Sky/Sky Bet when they release news, transfer rumours etc then announce odds for that news/event happening.

The whole article is just guesswork but I suppose it gives the moaners another chance to declare how evil Gus Poyet is.

Save it for if and when Sunderland actually make a bid instead of getting upset over something that hasn't happened.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Gus can take Leo, Bridders and Buckley for a combined figure of 11 million....

I want to keep them all though if possible.

reduce that to 8m and Connor Wickham and you have got a deal

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Considering Gus pursued Ulloa for about 18 months before finally landing him, it'll be no great surprise to see him come sniffing around for him before the month is out. Would pretty much put paid to any lingering top 6 pretensions here if he went though IMO.

Gus pursued or the club?

I can't see TB selling Leo 12 months after it took us 18 months to get him here, also remember we turned down £5m from palace for him in the summer

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, we'd get money on top of the deal and get a decent striker with potential to become even better that we can sell on for even more money, because at the end of the day, it's all about money at the club these days isn't it?...

Ah i see where you are coming from

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would HAPPILY consider swapping Leo for Connor Wickham.

There, I've said it.

Wickham is much younger, quicker, and more clinical.

If there was a modest cash adjustment, in our favour, to cover Wickham's higher wages, I'm IN.

I agree with you!

It would surprise me that Gus would want to spend money on Ulloa when he already has a striker scoring for fun at the same level but in a weaker team.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
All this Sunderland interest sounds like paper talk. I bet they only buy Bridcutt.

But all this speculation does beg the question - why aren't we circling around a bunch of replacements? (Not sure Chris Baird is the answer)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
All this Sunderland interest sounds like paper talk. I bet they only buy Bridcutt.

But all this speculation does beg the question - why aren't we circling around a bunch of replacements? (Not sure Chris Baird is the answer)

Ive no doubt we are circling, we just dont do our business in public.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wickham...as good as he is is no good if he doesn't get the supply...wise to wait and see what Ulloa and CMS do or Hoskin when back playing...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I've seen plenty enough of Wickham over the last couple of years to know he's a good striker, with the potential to get a lot better.

Is Leo going to get better at his age? Probably not.

I reckon they are very much comparable right now, and likely to move in opposite directions moving forward - thus a swap worthy of consideration.

Comparing them right now, Leo is probably better in the air (although Wickham IS a big strong bloke, too), but Wickham is MUCH quicker, which is something the Albion team desperatley needs, imo.

Good points. I suppose it depends on whether we are looking short or long term as well.

If the deal went ahead I think we could assume that we've written off this year and are building for a big push next year.

We probably wouldn't have taken him too seriously before but his recent loan spell seems to have gone well for him.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Gus was after Ulloa for ages and then he gets to see his man play for less than half a season. I'll be AMAZED if Gus doesn't try and buy him.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The wanker is sticking 2 fingers up at us by trying to decimate a squad he helped to build.
His lack of respect for the fans that payed his wages and sang his name is ****ing disgraceful.

You are basing this all on one report on Ladbrokes site that hasn't made the press anywhere else...You are aware some journalists have been known to make stuff up in the past don't you?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Poyet this, Poyet that....FFS...it seems that this man is the centre of the Universe for some of the posters on here. Everytime he shits or blows his nose, there are people on here writing about it. They keep wishing him and his players the best of luck and not begrudging any of ours a move to Wearside. If you want to carry on a love affair with Gus Poyet...BECOME A SUNDERLAND FAN.
It doesn't seem to matter to a lot on here that he is de-stabilising us. He has unsettled our best player to such an extent that his head has gone and he doesn't want to turn out for us prior to his move. He is allowing himself to be linked with other players via the media and fanning the flames.
He burnt his bridges with us, big time. He held our club to ransom and scuppered our chances of promotion but still some of you think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If I was TB, I wouldn't do any business with him out of principle.
I guess a lot on here will never be able to move on and will never pay Oscar Garcia the respect he deserves.

Was this supposed to be on another thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here