Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-0 and so ****ing DULL !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Although I disagree FUNDAMENTALLY with his point, though, I THINK I sort of understand what he means. City are not all flicks and tricks - its more just doing the simple things, but just doing them brilliantly - quickly, accurately and brilliantly.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The finish by Edin Dzeko into the roof of the net was so CLINICAL I just LAUGHED the moment it went in.

"Yeah I'm facing the wrong way, Yeah the balls a bit behind me, so what". WHACK.

What a finisher. If he started every game he'd get you 30 a season in my view.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The finish by Edin Dzeko into the roof of the net was so CLINICAL I just LAUGHED the moment it went in.

"Yeah I'm facing the wrong way, Yeah the balls a bit behind me, so what". WHACK.

What a finisher. If he started every game he'd get you 30 a season in my view.

I was saying this to my lad last night. What a fantstaic player Dzeko is for City. Seemingly happy with his lower-bill status, he gets on with the job, and still notches up twenty goals a season, to allow them to take pressure off Negredo and Aguero, and help keep them on course across multiple competitions. Nothing flair about him either - he's just really GOOD.

Aguero 21
Negredo 20
Dzeko 14

Amazing. YAYA must have about 10 as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe when the OP said "Man City" he actually meant "Chelsea".

Although obviously when he said "5-0", he actually meant "Slightly FORTUITOUS and very DOUR 2-1"

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was saying this to my lad last night. What a fantstaic player Dzeko is for City. Seemingly happy with his lower-bill status, he gets on with the job, and still notches up twenty goals a season, to allow them to take pressure off Negredo and Aguero, and help keep them on course across multiple competitions. Nothing flair about him either - he's just really GOOD.

Aguero 21
Negredo 20
Dzeko 14

Amazing. YAYA must have about 10 as well.

And the small case of Stevan Jovetic to come back....

It's digusting.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Flair = goals!!!!!!! you are avin a larf. if they are so great why is the ethihad such a graveyard?
Because all you have to do to put six past Arsenal is turn up, right?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I feel sorry for the older City fans, they MUST be bored winning all the time, surely? I mean this was the team that were keeping the ball in the corner at home at the end of the season v Liverpool once, when they actually had to score to stay up! No wonder Hall coined Maine Rd the 'Theatre of Comedy'

City fans were just brought up on this sort of thing....

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Flair = goals!!!!!!! you are avin a larf. if they are so great why is the ethihad such a graveyard?

The fans being quiet isn't a fault of the performance of their team. If City were losing 5-0 to Blackburn and the fans were quiet then it would be the players fault. Probably.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes thanks for that, I was there.

OK, let me explain this a little more clearly for you.... are you comparing a Mark Hughes - Man City Team to the team they are now and saying they are no better?

Are you comparing the Adams team of '08 with the side now then? Both sides have improved, I'd say we've improved more than they have over that period. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here