Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Off to MELT! Festival today. Looking forward to this. Django Django, Young Fathers, Jamie XX, Jon Hopkins, Giorgio Moroder, Hercules and The Love Affair, Scuba, Marcel Dettman and the wonderfully cool Ellen Allien are all in my sights this weekend.

That sounds great. I wish they'd put it on a week later...

Have a great time!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
News to me, good news. The last time I saw them they were the highlight of an ICA fundraising do at The Dominion Th eatre. A night where they outshone The Kroros Quartet, Microdisney and David Bowie performing 'Look Back In Anger' on roller skates.

What a great line up.

Might be mistaken but you may be interested in this too:

Jason Isbell plays Concorde 2 Tues 19 Jan 2016. Tix on sale Fri 17 July. New album out same day.

I am VERY pleased he is coming to town.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just got tickets to see Low in October. Even better, they are playing the Manchester Cathedral, should be the perfect setting.

Last band I saw was Ride, they too were excellent, although Andy Bell was doing his best to look like Liam Gallagher.

Saw Low a couple of years ago at Hove Old Market. It was December time and they played Just Like Christmas from the excellent Christmas Album. It was quite outstanding.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What a great line up.

Might be mistaken but you may be interested in this too:

Jason Isbell plays Concorde 2 Tues 19 Jan 2016. Tix on sale Fri 17 July. New album out same day.

I am VERY pleased he is coming to town.

Yep, definitely having that. My favourite "Drive By Trucker".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That sounds great. I wish they'd put it on a week later...

Have a great time!

Thanks. High lights were Django Django and the astonishingly good Jon Hopkins. I've never seen a crowd truly lose it for a long time but the peak of his set had people round me just flinging their limbs around like dervishes. It's very clever how he builds his music and then plays with the sound volume when you think it can't go further. Truly mesmerizing stuff.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Thanks. High lights were Django Django and the astonishingly good Jon Hopkins. I've never seen a crowd truly lose it for a long time but the peak of his set had people round me just flinging their limbs around like dervishes. It's very clever how he builds his music and then plays with the sound volume when you think it can't go further. Truly mesmerizing stuff.

This was a cracking set - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02v3hl4/glastonbury-2015-jon-hopkins

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Anyone else see Luna last night? Was a shame that they got moved from the Old Market to Sticky Mikes but still a fantastic gig. Perfect summer tunes, and nice to see Dean Wareham and guitarist playing so well together. They should be playing to a lot more people.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Anyone else see Luna last night? Was a shame that they got moved from the Old Market to Sticky Mikes but still a fantastic gig. Perfect summer tunes, and nice to see Dean Wareham and guitarist playing so well together. They should be playing to a lot more people.

Gutted to have missed this. One of those bands I have a real soft some spot for. What was the set list like?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Gutted to have missed this. One of those bands I have a real soft some spot for. What was the set list like?

Can't give you too much info on set list as I'm only a recent listener to Luna, but I listened a lot to their 2002 love album pre gig and recognised a lot of the songs from that.

Anyone going to Sun Kil Moon tomorrow? Not quite sure how it's going to work with the St James Street Pride thing going on a few moments away - sure Mark Kozelek will have a few things to say about that. Are pubs around kemp town manageable outside of St James St or is the whole area just a bit shit whilst it's on?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Can't give you too much info on set list as I'm only a recent listener to Luna, but I listened a lot to their 2002 love album pre gig and recognised a lot of the songs from that.

Anyone going to Sun Kil Moon tomorrow? Not quite sure how it's going to work with the St James Street Pride thing going on a few moments away - sure Mark Kozelek will have a few things to say about that. Are pubs around kemp town manageable outside of St James St or is the whole area just a bit shit whilst it's on?

I believe it cuts off at the top of St James Street so Barley Mow, Thomas Kemp, Golden Cannon will open and accessible.

I would have gone but £30+ when there's plenty else to do seemed a bit steep.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I believe it cuts off at the top of St James Street so Barley Mow, Thomas Kemp, Golden Cannon will open and accessible.

I would have gone but £30+ when there's plenty else to do seemed a bit steep.

Thanks. It's bloody steep to be honest but I realised that if it was, say £20 in London I would have gone, so thought I might as well as it's on the doorstep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here