Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If your favourite singer committed child abuse would it put you off his/her music?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Having just finished a classics degree, one of the cornerstones of Greek and roman societies was patronage and influence. Supplying very young boys to the rich and powerful was seen as a legitimate leg up the social ladder. There is evidence that parents handed over their children knowing full well what was expected.

However the curious thing about the trial and eventual forced suicide of Socrates the philosopher was that he was accused of having relations with many young children!

It's is also very much a western argument here as in Pakistan for example, children as young as 13 will be put into marriages and expected to produce children as soon as they reach child bearing age.
All true. In addition, people didn't worry about "emotional maturity" in the Shakespeare's era - Romeo & Juliet were "normal" for their time, shagging away aged 14.

Oh and there are islands off the coast of North America where incest and underage sex is the norm - primarily because the population is so small.

I don't know why I'm saying all this really - if it was down to me I'd switch the consensual law to what Canada have!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All true. In addition, people didn't worry about "emotional maturity" in the Shakespeare's era - Romeo & Juliet were "normal" for their time, shagging away aged 14.

Oh and there are islands off the coast of North America where incest and underage sex is the norm - primarily because the population is so small.

I don't know why I'm saying all this really - if it was down to me I'd switch the consensual law to what Canada have!

What's that...." You can only shag moose and bison before you are 21"?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if there is any chance of a surge in sales of Lostprophets' music, due to publicity caused by the case....

I feel sorry for the performers/writers on Gary Glitter's records. Apparently they would typically clear around 30k annually from royalties from the hits....before Glitter was outed. Now it is negligible.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I feel sorry for the performers/writers on Gary Glitter's records. Apparently they would typically clear around 30k annually from royalties from the hits....before Glitter was outed. Now it is negligible.

if they are living on royalties from the early 70's then boohoo, that's just lazy....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Wikis not exactly the best place for a psychiatric assessment of a Pedophile. There's more to them than your silly ignorant assumption that they only like children before puberty.

I hope it's not going to be as narrow minded as Symyjyms take on them (To his credit, I think he just copy and pasted his 'knowledge' from wiki)

You really are a w****r, I went to wiki to prove my already well established argument and yet you are still in denial by saying wiki is giving false information.

You haven't even got the bollocks to admit when you are clearly wrong, which also proves your lack of intelligence in all of your debates. You are a narrow minded piece of shit and if you cannot understand something as simple as this you lose all credibility on all messages, ideas and conspiracies you are promoting.

This was never an argument over what a pedophile is, it has been a test of your integrity and credibility in debate and you have failed with flying colours.

Thank you for exposing what you are all about and it has been documented for others to see.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You really are a w****r, I went to wiki to prove my already well established argument and yet you are still in denial by saying wiki is giving false information.

You haven't even got the bollocks to admit when you are clearly wrong, which also proves your lack of intelligence in all of your debates. You are a narrow minded piece of shit and if you cannot understand something as simple as this you lose all credibility on all messages, ideas and conspiracies you are promoting.

This was never an argument over what a pedophile is, it has been a test of your integrity and credibility in debate and you have failed with flying colours.

Thank you for exposing what you are all about and it has been documented for others to see.

What's with all the swear words?

I am only disagreeing with your angle that Pedophiles are only attracted to children before puberty. Why get so irate? I know for a fact your narrow assessment isn't correct as there's a lot more about them than just the sexual attraction they have. I do know someone who worked on a pedo ward as a psychiatric nurse. He would laugh at what you've stated a pedo is! God knows why you're getting so defensive over your uneducated claims.
The fact you are getting so wound up calling me a wanker and mentioning my bollocks, telling me i'm a narrow minded piece of shit, all clearly shows who's probably got the best understanding. Insulting someone doesn't prove you're right, in fact the complete opposite usually.
Now go back on Wiki and keep learning old chum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's with all the swear words?

I am only disagreeing with your angle that Pedophiles are only attracted to children before puberty. Why get so irate? I know for a fact your narrow assessment isn't correct as there's a lot more about them than just the sexual attraction they have. I do know someone who worked on a pedo ward as a psychiatric nurse. He would laugh at what you've stated a pedo is! God knows why you're getting so defensive over your uneducated claims.
The fact you are getting so wound up calling me a wanker and mentioning my bollocks, telling me i'm a narrow minded piece of shit, all clearly shows who's probably got the best understanding. Insulting someone doesn't prove you're right, in fact the complete opposite usually.
Now go back on Wiki and keep learning old chum.

Whilst I cannot vouch for symyjym's paedo claims, he is accurate with his judgement in other areas :lolol:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You can add paedophilia to a list of things The Truth does not understand.

Care to enlighten me? You must know a fair amount about paedophilia to make statements like these.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I did not say that you Tw@, pedophiles can be married with kids of their own

Who said they can't!? Is this you trying to look like you know something about pedophiles? :clap2:

ps any chance of avoiding the swear words? It only makes you look more stupid .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Is this you trying to look like you know something about pedophiles?

That's exactly why you are a tw@

Read and learn, and if you disagree with wikipedia you can always try to edit it. I am sure they will look forward to hearing of your written summary and explaination of the meaning.

That's all I am saying on this because you have a morbid fascination for arguing the toss when you are wrong and especially on this subject.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophile

A pedophile is a person 16 years of age or older who is primarily or exclusively sexually attracted to children who have not begun puberty (girls 10 years old or less, and boys 11 year old or less, on average).[1][2][3][4][5] The prepubescent child must be at least five years younger than the person in the case of adolescent pedophiles before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1]

Medically, this condition is called "pedophilia" and is classified by the American Psychiatric Association as a mental disorder.[1][6] Some people with pedophilia have sex with children or use children in a sexual way. This is defined as "child sexual abuse" because children are defined to be unable to truly agree to sexual acts with an adult. Some adults have pedophile feelings but do not act by sexually abusing children. Some adults who are not pedophiles commit sexual abuse against children.

Not all pedophiles feel or act in the same way. Since the 1880s, psychologists have studied and shown that different pedophiles might act in different ways[7]:

Some pedophiles are only sexually attracted to prepubescent children. They are called exclusive pedophiles.
Some pedophiles have a sexual preference for prepubescent children but are sexually attracted to adults as well. They are called preferential pedophiles.
Some adults who prefer adult sexual partners are also sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

Adults whose primary sexual attraction is for pubescent children are properly called hebephiles, not pedophiles. Adults whose primary sexual attraction is for mid-to-late teens are properly called ephebophiles, but ephebophilia is not considered abnormal by mental health professionals.

For pedophiles who commit child sexual abuse, some studies have shown that pedophiles who are only attracted to children may abuse more children than pedophiles who also have adult sexual partners.[8][9]

The people who abuse children are often known to them -- such as parents, other relatives, and friends -- and are not strangers.[10] One research study found that half the adults convicted of child sexual abuse of children outside of their family were also sexually abusing their own children.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
That's exactly why you are a tw@

Some pedophiles are only sexually attracted to prepubescent children. They are called exclusive pedophiles.

Some pedophiles have a sexual preference for prepubescent children but are sexually attracted to adults as well. They are called preferential pedophiles.
Some adults who prefer adult sexual partners are also sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

Adults whose primary sexual attraction is for pubescent children are properly called hebephiles, not pedophiles. Adults whose primary sexual attraction is for mid-to-late teens are properly called ephebophiles, but ephebophilia is not considered abnormal by mental health professionals.

Did you read this bit of the page?

PS Are you constantly swearing at me because you know you can get away with it or does it just make you feel accepted?

Any chance( for the 4th time) you could tone it down with the swearing? No ones swearing at you!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did you read this bit of the page?

PS Are you constantly swearing at me because you know you can get away with it or does it just make you feel accepted?

Any chance( for the 4th time) you could tone it down with the swearing? No ones swearing at you!

What? you mean you are now agreeing with me and still arguing the toss :bigwave:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
What? you mean you are now agreeing with me and still arguing the toss :bigwave:

No i'm not agreeing with you. Just pointing out that you are generalising all pedophiles as 'exclusive pedophiles' which proves my earlier point. Your statement was narrow minded/stupid.

P.S well done for not swearing x

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No i'm not agreeing with you, Just pointing pointing out that you are generalising all pedophiles as 'exclusive pedophiles' which proves my earlier point

Absolute bullshit, all I have said is in response to you saying that "lowering the age of consent is to please pedophiles".

Lowering the age of consent is only going to please Pedophiles right now.

I said:

Pedophilia is different from the age of consent argument. Not that I think it should be lowered and I don't think it will be.

You said:

If the age of consent was brought down to 13 year of age. Does that not mean a 60 year old could sleep with a 13 year old? If so, how has it got nothing to do with Pedophiles?

I said:

No because the age that was being discussed was 15 not 13, and it is more about protecting people, of the same age having sex, from prosecution.

If anyone on here can see where I have contradicted myself or said something inncorrect with previous posts I am sure they will let me know, but you cannot even close one part of a discussion without jumping to another. The age of consent isn't even going to be lowered.

Anyway you are a tosser and I am not wasting any more time talking to a moron.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
A pedophile is a person 16 years of age or older who is primarily or exclusively sexually attracted to children who have not begun puberty (girls 10 years old or less, and boys 11 year old or less, on average.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

This is what we were discussing Symyjym. Don't lie like you have in the post above, you're not that pathetic are you?
The above is actually a description for an 'exclusive pedophile'. Not all Pedophiles match this same description. That has been my point in this current debate. I think you might be forgetting which day it is Symyjym.

Whtat's that about Morons.........?

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A pedophile is a person 16 years of age or older who is primarily or exclusively sexually attracted to children who have not begun puberty (girls 10 years old or less, and boys 11 year old or less, on average.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

This is what we were discussing Symyjym. Don't lie like you have in the post above, you're not that pathetic are you?
The above is actually a description for an 'exclusive pedophile'. Not all Pedophiles match this same description. That has been my point in this current debate. I think you might be forgetting which day it is Symyjym.

Whtat's that about Morons.........?

Tell me what part of the statement do you disagree with and then **** off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here