Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Chuter

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sad news indeed. Thanks for fighting the fight with style Roy. A new generation of Seagulls owe you.

May 8, 2008
Portslade
I'm another fan who never knew Roy personally, but saw him at games many times and knew what a legend he was.
Every single fan old and new owes their happy times watching the Albion to Roy.
Am sure he'll be soaring over the stadium with the other Seagulls and keeping an eye on things.
RIP mate, there'll be many a tear shed at the Amex when the well deserved tribute is made.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just seen this via twitter. Awful news. I met Roy on a few occasions, mostly in pubs, as he was good friends with mates of mine, some of who have posted on this thread. He's one of those blokes without whom we might just not have a club.

RIP. Thoughts with anyone close to him.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Sad news. I believe I had the pleasure of Roy's company - along with the Vicar on the train on the way back from seeing Donny beat Leeds in the play offs...
Condolences go out to all his close friends and family. A HUGE thank you goes out to Roy for his contribution to saving the club I love. x

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There are a few people who deserve some form of recognition/memorial/dedication for their part in the "troubles". Roy is one of them. RIP

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Am absolutely gutted at this news. I've known Roy probably over 35 years, through the good times and bad, through the campaigning, the heartache and more recently the joy of seeing our new stadium. I was friends with his sister and we shared many a tear at her untimely early death. He was definitely one of life's good guys. RIP Roy x

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A very sad day when we lose someone who I think just about everyone knew ............... RIP.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Absolutely devastated. RIP brother.

**** archer & Bellotti.. we WON
Up the Albion

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
RIP Roy- met you a couple of times and know that you will be looking down on the Amex with pride and that we finally made our way home! Thanks for all you did to help save our club!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Only knew him to say a hello to (mainly in the Evening Star) but everyone knew Roy.

RIP big fella; you won't be forgotten.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shocking, terrible news. I'd known Roy since the late 1970s, a lovely, lovely man. Can't say any more, too upset.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Very saddened.
Used to sometimes share a car with Roy in the Withdean era to Away games.
He would joke with me regarding Real Ale Vs Lager and his knowledge of wherever ground we were going to fascinated me.
RIP Roy. "The Liver is evil and must be punished"

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The Roy Chuter North Stand.

Would anyone argue? I didn't know him personally, but my parents do. My step dad in particular was really gutted by the news and said we'll never fully appreciate how much he did behind the scenes.

RIP.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Roy Chuter North Stand.

Would anyone argue? I didn't know him personally, but my parents do. My step dad in particular was really gutted by the news and said we'll never fully appreciate how much he did behind the scenes.

RIP.

I always felt that the 'legends wall' of banners, should include one fan, to represent the part the fan base played in the dark days. Who better than Roy Chuter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here