Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Barber become more hated than Archer and Belloti?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He's doing a great job. He may sometimes do things which we don't initially like, but its all for the longevity of the club and to ensure it is an organised and financially stable business. As mentioned, we are lucky to have him.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
He certainly has come in for some stick from NSC and Albion fans recently and probably even more so with tonights drama. Personally I cannot thing of anything that he has done to actually enhance the club's reputation with the fans. Agree totally with the fans not customers feeling and the other comment of us becoming Brighton and Hove franchise. Sad times indeed.

What the ****? How can you possibly draw a comparison, ffs, words fail me.....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What amazes me is that this bloke has been brought in to do a specific job albeit a difficult one as nobody likes anyone who says no we can't afford it.

Who employed him? Who approved the job description?

He is doing what Tony wants him to do but nobody would dream of criticising TB?

Clever :)

Indeed. Although 'clever' is a strong word, it's not the hardest thing to do to outwit a load of your average football fans.

People talk like Barber puts up prices and cuts costs because he wants to, to somehow try and spite the fans. He's only doing exactly what his boss tells him to (his boss that never comes in for any criticism ever!).

what amazes me is that this bloke has been brought in to do a specific job albeit a difficult one as nobody likes anyone who says no we can't afford it.

Who employed him? Who approved the job description?

He is doing what tony wants him to do but nobody would dream of criticising tb?

Clever :)

i've heard he has used mind control to take over tb and the club is effectively now run by barber and his financial backer lucky lord lucan,the operations are now conducted from offices off the main mine shaft under the amex,it seems that 83 cash was used to frack out a major mineral deposits under the stadium,all drilling is done during match time??? Barber must be stopped before falmer is lost in a major bath hole:moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Barber is doing a great job. Helped rid the club of the scheming Poyet (look at Sunderland now) without compensation, got the club out of the unfair catering contract, is tackling over-employment and inefficiencies, tackled head-on the financing of the expensive transport arrangements (to the dislike of some), and has got the club better sponsorship. All within the nightmare of FFP.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Don't you'll get me f'kin wound up by the mere mention of the Evil Ones. Paul Barber is doing his job and don't forget TB head hunted him! So in my book a slight against Barber is also one for our Chairman!!!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
i've heard he has used mind control to take over tb and the club is effectively now run by barber and his financial backer lucky lord lucan,the operations are now conducted from offices off the main mine shaft under the amex,it seems that 83 cash was used to frack out a major mineral deposits under the stadium,all drilling is done during match time??? Barber must be stopped before falmer is lost in a major bath hole:moo:

That explains a lot - but how do they know to stop drilling when the amex goes quiet?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Whether I, or any other fan, loves or hates PB is irrelevant - the important factor is how well he does his job.

The major part of his job is to maximise profits for the shareholders, or in the case of BHAFC minimise losses. How well he is doing won't really be seen until the next set of accounts are published. If they don't fall within the maximum level of debt, publicly set by TB at £8M, then he will have failed, if they do he will have been successful - simples.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
without Barber TB would no doubt now be looking at very substantial year on year growing losses (and probably unsustainable losses) because as a fan he's no doubt spent far more on making his club the best club than his business head would ever say was sensible. Barber was brought in to take the emotion out of the major decision making and to have someone at a football club who can think rationally and therefore deal with the short term mindset most have is a massive bonus for the long term good of the club and its ambitions to be a sustainable and successful premiership club. Whatever he earns he deserves in my view and we are far stronger with than without and no doubt he was instrumental in putting his foot down (with TB's blessing) on Poyet and his wish to spend spend spend...... Sunderland are now learning the hard way that if you pick a 'me me me' manager it causes losses and chaos if they don't get pandered to 100%.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
without Barber TB would no doubt now be looking at very substantial year on year growing losses (and probably unsustainable losses) because as a fan he's no doubt spent far more on making his club the best club than his business head would ever say was sensible. Barber was brought in to take the emotion out of the major decision making and to have someone at a football club who can think rationally and therefore deal with the short term mindset most have is a massive bonus for the long term good of the club and its ambitions to be a sustainable and successful premiership club. Whatever he earns he deserves in my view and we are far stronger with than without and no doubt he was instrumental in putting his foot down (with TB's blessing) on Poyet and his wish to spend spend spend...... Sunderland are now learning the hard way that if you pick a 'me me me' manager it causes losses and chaos if they don't get pandered to 100%.

With PB he has faced year on year growing losses - that is why this current years figures will be the crunch ones.

If the accounts don't show a loss within FFP limits then there is little doubt that PB will have failed, if they do then he has succeeded.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With PB he has faced year on year growing losses - that is why this current years figures will be the crunch ones.

If the accounts don't show a loss within FFP limits then there is little doubt that PB will have failed, if they do then he has succeeded.

I don't think you can argue that PB hasn't done the job he was brought in to do. Last years accounts were large as items were accounted for then when sanctions don't apply rather than this year when they do. Reports are that we are in line to meet FFP targets and I doubt that PB would go public with projections like that if we were way out.

And as others have implied, criticize PB really means you are also criticizing TB.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I don't think you can argue that PB hasn't done the job he was brought in to do. Last years accounts were large as items were accounted for then when sanctions don't apply rather than this year when they do. Reports are that we are in line to meet FFP targets and I doubt that PB would go public with projections like that if we were way out.

And as others have implied, criticize PB really means you are also criticizing TB.

I'm not arguing he hasn't - you equally can't claim that he has.

His job is, in simple terms, to bring losses down to the figure set by TB - for this season that is £8M.

If he does THEN you can argue he has 'done the job' - not before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here