Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at Selhurst Park

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not a lot of us like the drum tbh, but then again I don't like the after goal music and the repeating of the surname either.
So why don't you do something about it? Clubs like Palace should represent what is great about English football, the great tradition of going and watching a football match for the sake of football and genuine atmosphere - don't let this American shit corrupt your club. Goal music and the like belong in the US, because the game isn't exciting enough on it's own. We had one game (just one) last year where the club thought it would be a good idea to put the words to some songs on the big screen :facepalm: I was so pissed off, it made a mockery of the club I love. Everyone hated it, we all posted our dislike on here, we contacted the club and begged them to stop it. We've not seen it since, thank god.

The drum is down to the fans, you may be stuck with that, but the goal music- FFS, can people not make noise on their own when they score.

I was in holmesdale lower and heard you intermittently, that said at the end you were very loud and was impressed by the singing, clapping and jumping (even some of the older fans were joining in).
Thanks, that's not what other Palace fans have said. Perhaps as it was your biggest crowd of the season, and biggest game of the season, your fans were louder than usual, so many couldn't hear much of our lot. There were plenty of times when a move was building up, so the singing stopped with anticipation, but I don't think we were quiet.

I think a large majority have accepted we're going to lose, you were a class above in the first half and in the second I wasn't sure if you had tired out around the 60 minute mark or if you were playing for the draw?
Thanks. I don't think we were tired, I just think with Zaha against Inigo (who was on a yellow), combined with Palace managing to turn it into more of a scrap, we were having to hang on at times.

As for zaha, I'm glad we got the money for him that we did because he isn't going to be the next Ronaldo that's for sure
I can't believe how much you got for him (not that he isn't talented), credit to CPFC2010 and the media machine.

Jesus a sensible post! Well done that man.....
I know, I was taken aback. Then I got down to business and multi-quoted the **** out of it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] will probably remember the specifics but we did laugh at the 'Palace fans' in the adjoining box to ours when they revealed they were actually a mix of Chelsea, Millwall and Arsenal. Plastic, plastic, plastic.
Bozza, you'll video any old shit at a game, please tell me you didn't miss that?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The drum is down to the fans, you may be stuck with that, but the goal music- FFS, can people not make noise on their own when they score.

There's actually a thread on the BBS with people begging CP2010 to get rid of it. They know how shite it is. Unfortunately, like a lot of "entertainment" in modern football, it's defended by big wigs as being good for the 'family feel'.
Reckon it'll be gone in the next couple of years.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Red and blue army and pride of south London were the only songs I heard from Palace all night.. I'm not overly surprised we couldn't be heard either over the constant drone of that drum..

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
The sky commentary seemed heavily biased towards palace to the point i nearly switched the sound down. Do you know who was commentating?

I dont know who was on Sky but on 5live they had bloody Mark Bright.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And there's more. This one is so Jackanory it's brilliant:

Today, 11:17 AM

cupid stunt

Two guys i saw were debating who they'd support if man united played brighton! Dreadful support noise wise too. Though they seemed friendly enough, shook hands with a chelsea fan singing albiooooon before the game.

I tell you what, whoever posts next in that thread will have his work cut out top trumping that last work of fiction.

Oct 25, 2003

cupid stunt

Two guys i saw were debating who they'd support if man united played brighton! Dreadful support noise wise too. Though they seemed friendly enough, shook hands with a chelsea fan singing albiooooon before the game.

I tell you what, whoever posts next in that thread will have his work cut out top trumping that last work of fiction.

haha...brilliant

it's always "i saw one guy" etc.

WHERE? WHERE did you see them?!

cupid stunt

I've just read through that thread, it reeks of jealousy.

It's like listening to a couple of children trying to out brag echother, "I saw this" "yeah well I saw that".

I know quite a few Palace fans, who are decent blokes it has to be said, but that lot on BBS are utter tossers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's actually a thread on the BBS with people begging CP2010 to get rid of it. They know how shite it is. Unfortunately, like a lot of "entertainment" in modern football, it's defended by big wigs as being good for the 'family feel'.
Reckon it'll be gone in the next couple of years.
You only need to look at a club like ours to see how they're bringing the family feel to games, and it doesn't need goal music. Leave goal music to the yanks and rugby. If a sport isn't good enough without music, they shouldn't bother with it at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my group, the 'newest' fan has been supporting the Albion for 10 years. And that is my 10 year old daughter. There'll be at least 300 years of Albion support between the other 9 in my group.

[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] will probably remember the specifics but we did laugh at the 'Palace fans' in the adjoining box to ours when they revealed they were actually a mix of Chelsea, Millwall and Arsenal. Plastic, plastic, plastic.

Yes indeed. We were chatting to a couple of (genuine) Palace fans sitting in the next box along and laughing at a few others just in front of them- mostly younger kids. The Palace guy said that the three in front were Chelsea, Spurs and Millwall fans. One of the kids was running along the corridor at half time shouting "Yids yids yids".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You only need to look at a club like ours to see how they're bringing the family feel to games, and it doesn't need goal music. Leave goal music to the yanks and rugby. If a sport isn't good enough without music, they shouldn't bother with it at all.

Can't argue with any of that. Don't think I've seen any Palace on here try to defend it (mainly because they are the proper fans). Bet you Reading's lot would be extolling its 'virtues'

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

cupid stunt

I suppose it could be possible if they have palace mates who got them a ticket? I didn't have enough points but no checks were made on me from palace

D

Deleted member 2719

As has been said on the other thread, you're either deaf or don't know the difference between our songs and theirs. I could hear our fans all through the game

Were you at the game or did you watch it on the box or listen to it on the radio?

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I was in the away stand and can confirm we were very loud for the majority of the game. So much so that couldn't really hear the palace fans apart from that bloody drum!

On a separate note forgot what a sh**hole selhurst is. Worst view watching a football match in a long time. Bloody pillars!
Totally agree, the noise in our away section was fantastic. I am in EU at home so I assume this is what it's like in the NS.......a great experience!!!
What a c**p stadium it's the pits!!!

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Were you at the game or did you watch it on the box or listen to it on the radio?

Palace fan, here, I thought your fans were very loud as usual and generally the whole atmosphere was decent. But Selhurst is one of those stadiums that doesn't generate much noise due to it's design (or lack of). The big end behind the goal is very open with a high roof, and noise gets lost. The opposite end is small and again with no low roof it affects the acoustics. Anyway, Monday will be noisy and we need an early goal to keep the crowd quiet

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have to say I thought the Palace fans were absolutely excellent volume wise. I thought our fans were a bit subdued. Might have been nerves?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here