Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite hellraiser

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Go not gently into the dark night...rage, rage against the dying of the light.

dylan-thomas_02_446.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Moon The Loon.............an absolute legend

Iggy pop and people like Alice Copper have been religously tee total and reformed for years now. Cooper likes a cup of tea and a game of golf now.

Iggy was, and will always be the king.

It is impossible to do that much to your body and live.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richard Harris.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apparently this man was a machine when it came to partying. John Lennon was scared of going drinking with him.

CD+The+Essential+Harry+Nilsson.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A great thread Buzzer. Love it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's nice to be nice but sometimes I get spiteful. Double spiteful. This s one of the greatest comedy characters ever. Bulla!
0.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeffrey Bernard even made a living from it. This man was a drinker's drinker.

View attachment 42346

Great call Buzzer! :clap2:

Did you go and see Peter O'Toole in Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell at the Theatre Royal? I went to the premiere.
Jeffrey Bernard was there. Every bit as surly and snarly an old bar steward as you would never hope to meet. UTTERLY required reading at the time tho. Genuine Brit literary legend, sort of an English Hunter S Thompson. It was all about HIM.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Great call Buzzer! :clap2:

Did you go and see Peter O'Toole in Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell at the Theatre Royal? I went to the premiere.
Jeffrey Bernard was there. Every bit as surly and snarly an old bar steward as you would never hope to meet. UTTERLY required reading at the time tho. Genuine Brit literary legend, sort of an English Hunter S Thompson. It was all about HIM.

Yes! I used to read Lowlife in the Spectator so loved Bernard and his idiosyncrasies. As with Mark E Smith he was a complete ******* and pulled stunning women.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Love this man. He's a poet

58932.jpeg

THPP - Do you remember that audience with M E S we went to and I was coming down big time from having spent a weekend on God knows what? It seemed appropriate.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes! I used to read Lowlife in the Spectator so loved Bernard and his idiosyncrasies. As with Mark E Smith he was a complete ******* and pulled stunning women.

Absolutely. He also used to do a weekly column in one of the London free hand-out papers called Midweek that got given out on, I think Thursdays. Unmissable. JB and MES sort of redefine how you think about your heroes IMHO. It's a genuine love/hate thing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely. He also used to do a weekly column in one of the London free hand-out papers called Midweek that got given out on, I think Thursdays. Unmissable. JB and MES sort of redefine how you think about your heroes IMHO. It's a genuine love/hate thing.

Yes. And they truly do/did not give a scoobies about the people that adored them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here