Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icelandic wunderkid

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

Although when I see this thread bounced, I think he's been poached.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Anyone on here seen him play recently? how has he been performing this season?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He's made the bench for the Development Squad recently, not too shabby for a 17 year old.

With Rusk now in charge of the team, a few of the youth players could make the step-up next season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone on here seen him play recently? how has he been performing this season?

Can't comment on how he has been performing, but I believe he signed his first professional contract with the Albion on January 1st.

His development seems to have been somewhat slow with the Albion. For instance, this season (which is his second scholarship year), he had only made 7 starts for the youth team (U-18s) by the end of February (usually you would expect a second year to have already become a youth team regular and be pushing for a development squad place by that stage). He has also only played 20 minutes for the DS (as a sub against Derby in February).

He has, however, started the last five U-18 games, and scored 4 goals in the process.

[Just for comparison sake, James Tilley, who is a first year scholar and forward who is a full year younger than Larusson, seems to have already broken through into the development squad, playing in each of the last 6 games.]

Players develop at different rates though, and Larusson certainly seems capable of finding the net, and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere just yet.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is the Icelandic wunderkid's 18th birthday today. Time for him to really push on and become a regular at U-21 level next season.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It would appear that Ragnar Mar Larusson joined his old club IA Akranes on loan at the end of July - Ragnar Már Lárusson gengur í raðir ÍA

Google translation:-

The people of Skagi have gained added strength for lokaátökin in Pepsi division, but the young and promising Ragnar Mar Lárusson has joined the club.

Ragnar, 18, is raised Skagamaður and has been playing in the English club Brighton last two years but he is on loan to the company applies the season. Ragnar has had a total of 18 caps for the national team under Iceland and he has scored 4 goals.

"It's really gratifying to get Ragnar join us, despite his young age has had a nice experience in England and will be fun to see him in our squad. This bar quickly when Brighton expressed his the possibility that he would end the season with us this was never a question. "Said Harri Jonsson coach IA told the company's website this occasion

It is clear that the really good news is the case and we Ragga to welcome home the Skipaskaga.

I guess the Albion decided it wasn't worthy of a mention on the website.

Oh well, stick to NSC if you want up-to-date coverage of the contract and loan status of all Albion players - Brighton & Hove Albion Squad 2015-16 - Contract durations

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
B
It would appear that Ragnar Mar Larusson joined his old club IA Akranes on loan at the end of July - Ragnar Már Lárusson gengur í raðir ÍA

Google translation:-

I guess the Albion decided it wasn't worthy of a mention on the website.

Oh well, stick to NSC if you want up-to-date coverage of the contract and loan status of all Albion players - Brighton & Hove Albion Squad 2015-16 - Contract durations

I am getting a ferry to Iceland for a 4 week driving trip starting September 12th. I see his team are playing in Keflavik on the 20th September. Might have to go to that with the Brighton shirt on and as the ground looks as big as Saltdean's maybe search him out and get a photo for this thread. They then have a home game week after, wherever that is, and week after that away at IBV whoever and wherever they are. Should get a chance to see one of those games at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here